Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Protein/Creatine Supplement Vendor Recommendations page

paleo_rob is offline Senior Member

Protein/Creatine Supplement Vendor Recommendations

Primal Fuel
    Can i get people's recommendations on a good (meaning quality ingredients etc.) manufacturer of protein and creatine supplements. It seems that loads of these companies are just large marketing firms that sell powder.

Thanks in advance all!

cillakat is offline Senior Member
    Hey Rob,

I use Natural Factors Whey Factors (15g protein per 20g product) and very very much like it. I've tried just about everything available in the US

Here's a great whey thread.
    http://www.warriorwhey.com/lp/organi...n/organic-whey

Personally I'd avoid egg/casein/soy powders or anything containing them and would avoid all sweeteners aside from xylitol and stevia.

My brother uses this (9.5g protein per 20g product):
    http://www.warriorwhey.com/lp/organi...n/organic-whey

iherb referral code CIL457- $5 off first order

Djzander is offline Member
    http://www.swansonvitamins.com/SWU477/ItemDetail?n=0

What do you think about this powder? Its made by the same guy but the formula is a tad different and the price is better.

AntonG is offline Senior Member
    Optimum Nutrition makes a good 100% natural whey without any artificial sweetners, you can get it at vitamin shoppe. as far as creatine goes, my two favorites are monohydrate and kre-alkalyn. kre-alkalyn is a little bit more expensive and can be found anywhere, online included. monohydrate is the old school favorite, i buy it in quality bulk here:

http://www.nutraplanet.com/product/n...500-grams.html

keep in mind if you do more than 5 grams a day of monohydrate you will start retaining more water. blows the muscles up quite a bit but you also lose that dry shredded look. i like to go on and off. id write more about it but im busy at work

slowcooker is offline Senior Member
    Not sure if you can get in it Australia - but I've read a lot of recommendations for Allmax Nutrition Creatine - it's pharmaceutical grade.
    I think as long as there is only 1 item on the ingredient list - whatever you find should be good.

I also take an amino acid supplement. The one I use is called MAP (master pattern amino acid).. Your body can utilize all of it vs. smaller percentages of food and protein powders.
    Last edited by slowcooker; 06-30-2010 at 08:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by AntonG View Post
    Optimum Nutrition makes a good 100% natural whey without any artificial sweetners, you can get it at vitamin shoppe.
    A lot of people I have met have recommended this as the premium whey, so i guess I will go for it.

Quote Originally Posted by AntonG View Post
    kre-alkalyn is a little bit more expensive and can be found anywhere, online included.
    What are the benefits from kre-alkalyn to monohydrate?

Unfortunately most of the suggestions here aren't available in Australia. I guess I will keep researching and eventually post my results here for others.

marktripp is offline Senior Member
    All my protein is optimum nutrition, it's a great product at a good price. It mixes well and taste is great. I use prosource creatine. it is monohydrate. I get my supplements online at either www.prosource.net or www.dpsnutrtion.com

Razorburne is offline Junior Member
    +1 on the Optimum Nutrition 100% Whey....and you can get it through Amazon...I've been using the chocolate flavor for months and I love it.

MattyD is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I use creatine monohydrate and unflavoured whey isolate from myprotein.co.uk, never had a problem with them.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast