Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Blood sugar level problem! page 2

gdot is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by cress View Post
    yes i felt like i was going to fall over - i quickly ate some sprouted wheat bread... i think my adrenaline also kicked in cos i was scared. i found this which i am looking into...
    665: LLVLC Classic – Dr. Keith Berkowitz On Low-Carb And Reactive Hypoglycemia | The Livin La Vida Low-Carb Show
    my aim is to be able to enjoy the primal diet - i love choc and red wine and fruit.
    Cress, what is your current fat intake?

Primal does NOT equate to low carb.

Please know that chocolate and red wine are not particularly primal other than as occasional treats. Fruit you should be able to have every day once you get things worked out.

Hannakb is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cress View Post
    yes i felt like i was going to fall over - i quickly ate some sprouted wheat bread... i think my adrenaline also kicked in cos i was scared. i found this which i am looking into...
    665: LLVLC Classic – Dr. Keith Berkowitz On Low-Carb And Reactive Hypoglycemia | The Livin La Vida Low-Carb Show
    my aim is to be able to enjoy the primal diet - i love choc and red wine and fruit.
    No, not feeling like you were gonna fall over, but struggling to stay conscious. Wheat bread doesn't fix blood sugar that low (hell you gotta worry about people being able to swallow properly at that low), honey and direct sugars (like non diet cordial and fizzy drinks) do and then something like a longer lasting (more slowly digested carb) to keep it up.

You also know primal is gluten free (no wheat)?

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk

vinylscratch is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TheyCallMeLazarus View Post
    I have a simple statement....

If your body is kicking back fruit, something which every human ancestor ate and thrived on, you need to be looking somewhere else entirely. That is NOT normal.
    In a normal system there is no reason why sugar, high or low, would be causing a symptom like that.
    I can't eat fruit either, haven't been able to for years. Even one berry sends my blood sugar skyrocketing. And for the record, I'm not diabetic, have a thin build, but if I ate fruit every day I'd be obese within a week.

Makoce is offline Senior Member
    I'm having similar issues..I crave fruit all day long. But if I eat it, forget it...let the binging and sugar crash begin. I don't understand why.
    [ The Path of Healing Journal. ]

"Live in each season as it passes;
    breathe the air, drink the drink, taste the fruit,
    and resign yourself to the influence of the earth."

loafingcactus is offline Senior Member
    The definition of reactive hypoglycemia is a drop of more than 100 points in the US measuring system in less than an hour. If you have reactive hypoglycemia, you have to have the spike to have the drop. If you have reactive hypoglycemia, you need to cut down the carbs you are getting. So the next time you have a reactive hypoglycemia incident, add up the carbs in the meal that caused it. Now you know you CAN'T have that much in one sitting. Start dropping it by 10 or 15% until you don't have the reaction and you will know what you can eat in one sitting.

Now true, not all carbs are alike and low glycemic index foods will help, but that's it in a nutshell.
    “In God we trust; all others must bring data.” W. Edwards Deming
    Blogging at http://loafingcactus.com

vinylscratch is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by loafingcactus View Post
    The definition of reactive hypoglycemia is a drop of more than 100 points in the US measuring system in less than an hour. If you have reactive hypoglycemia, you have to have the spike to have the drop. If you have reactive hypoglycemia, you need to cut down the carbs you are getting. So the next time you have a reactive hypoglycemia incident, add up the carbs in the meal that caused it. Now you know you CAN'T have that much in one sitting. Start dropping it by 10 or 15% until you don't have the reaction and you will know what you can eat in one sitting.

Now true, not all carbs are alike and low glycemic index foods will help, but that's it in a nutshell.
    Or you can save yourself the complication and frustration by simply cutting out what your body is telling you not to eat. I just think that's the way to go for some people. My mom for instance will buy a subway sandwich, take two bites with the bread, eat out the meat and cheese and throw the rest of the bread away since she knows any more of it will make her fat. She'd be better off ordering a salad.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12