Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Would I lie to you?? Maybe I should.... page

hoodoo68 is offline Junior Member

Would I lie to you?? Maybe I should....

Primal Fuel
    Some days afters hearing "your weird, you don't eat grains, bread, beans, fiber, sugar...what's wrong with you?" I start to think wouldn't it be easier to just say I'm "Lactose intolerant, allergic to peanuts, must eat gluten free products, and diabetic (I think that's right for sugar)". But honestly wouldn't that be easier because now they would just go "oh that's too bad for you you can't eat all of these great things"...if you can't change their mind and show them the light then treat them like mushrooms...keep 'em in the dark and feed them full of bull@#$%!!

So would you do it, would you lie to go Primal??

LessofMimi is offline Senior Member
    Sometimes that can bite you in the ass, though. I used to tell people I was diabetic so I could low-carb in peace. Then I became diabetic. But, yes - I'd still totally lie. 'I'm allergic to it', is one of my favorites.
    I do have very legitimate reasons for avoiding some of the foods I do, and I will use that when needed. I will lie, too. I will also just say something like 'I don't eat that shit!' if I'm feeling particularly feisty.
    Melissa Fritcher - 330/252/150
    http://lessofmimi.wordpress.com
    Trample the weak, hurdle the dead.

DarthFriendly is offline Banned
    Yes, lying is good.

Especially to girls.

To get them in the sack.

Stabby is offline Senior Member
    +1 for lying. Lying is great. Without lying life would be unbearable.
    Stabbing conventional wisdom in its face.

Anyone who wants to talk nutrition should PM me!

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member
    I just simply say "I can't eat ___________." Usually it's followed with "Oh, ok" or "Why not?" If I get the "Why not?" I simply say it upsets my stomach (which it does) or wreaks havoc with my insulin (which it does.) After that, no more explanations needed.

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    I tell them the truth: My stomach doesn't handle grains very well. If they want me to eat it afterwards (and they're old enough to understand,) they can suck a giant Roman candle (It's almost Independence Day. I've got fireworks on the brain.)
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Fatkid is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hoodoo68 View Post
    if you can't change their mind and show them the light then treat them like mushrooms...keep 'em in the dark and feed them full of bull@#$%!!
    Awesome Line!

For me it depends on who they are...

A wait-person I'll usually say I'm allergic so they approach it with some level of seriousness and actually try to keep crap out of my food...

if it is family or friends and I may be around them more frequently I tell the truth... you don't want to build close relationships on bullshit... ... I'm also very careful to set proper precedence... if going to a friends cookout or something for the 'first time since going Primal' I am extra strict so everyone knows from then on I'm firm on my decisions... then if/when I cheat it is my choice and I'm not forced into it for any reason...

Griff is offline Senior Member
    For me, it's not a lie to say I'm allergic to it. In some ways, I admit being allergic to wheat and gluten makes it easier to stay on track, because if I slip up, I pay for it with pain and illness for several days and almost immediately following the slipup. But lying is a good idea if people won't stop pushing.
    Primal eating in a nutshell: If you are hungry, eat Primal food until you are satisfied (not stuffed). Then stop. Wait until you're hungry again. Repeat.

Looking for my Cholesterol Primer? Here it is: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...mer-(Attempt-2)

Ditch the scale!: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread33283.html

My Success Story: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread30615.html

SerialSinner is offline Senior Member
    Anyone heard of the Radical Honesty Movement?

The easiest way out for me is saying I have blood sugar issues and don't tolerate gluten very well.
    Last edited by SerialSinner; 06-29-2010 at 09:14 PM.
    “Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future.” -Oscar Wilde
    "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." -George Bernard Shaw
    "The trouble with jogging is that the ice falls out of your glass." -Martin Mull

mikebike is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Never heard of the movement but read the whole article SS. I pretty sure you'd end up in some physical confrontations fairly often if you lived that way.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast