Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: I Tried Bulletproof Coffee today... page 5

Neckhammer is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Yikes are we getting off topic!

BP coffee is not necessarily a "primal" item. It's a hack of sorts. A quick breakfast, or a good way to get some healthy fats into some poor soul who has spent too much time in the low fat dogma.

Egg coffee....well that is another story

BTW...I now like this for the newbies as my favorite "Start Here" link:

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/the-p...#axzz2zo3YIe51

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TQP View Post
    Also the forums are full of people who insist that primal is the way to go while they have to restrict to 1000-1200 cals a day and is still not thin.

Hmmm.

And then they try to tell themselves that others who handle carbs are all young uns who can be thin no matter what they eat. Also, that low carbing didn't slow their metabolism...1000cals is a perfectly natural amount of food to eat in a day!
    So, like OMG, that's like so passive aggressive and negative!

Correction: more like 1500-1600. And yes, though I don't post a lot about it, my own personal belief is that being able to eat 3000+ calories/day isn't necessarily healthy. However, since it seems to go against what a lot of folks here do believe, I have no need to hop around like a middle school cheerleader constantly mocking TRUE BELIEVERS and Carbz are the Devil!

Be careful commenting on others' looks. Some of us haven't commented on yours because we were taught not to stoop that low.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

TQP
    TQP is offline Senior Member

I Tried Bulletproof Coffee today...

Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    So, like OMG, that's like so passive aggressive and negative!

Correction: more like 1500-1600. And yes, though I don't post a lot about it, my own personal belief is that being able to eat 3000+ calories/day isn't necessarily healthy. However, since it seems to go against what a lot of folks here do believe, I have no need to hop around like a middle school cheerleader constantly mocking TRUE BELIEVERS and Carbz are the Devil!

Be careful commenting on others' looks. Some of us haven't commented on yours because we were taught not to stoop that low.
    Oh... Who said I was talking about anyone in specific? Using your logic, if you thought it was about you or anyone else in specific...Wouldn't it be your problem in perception/construction?

You didn't mock? Funny, I would have categorized your previous 2 posts as mockery, including the one I am responding to now. I would have also categorized your posts in paleobird's journal calling higher carb folks as "noisy" to be mockery.

Like I said, I didn't comment on anyone's looks at all! However, please teach me how to be nice Joanie. Please tell me why calling my journal stupid, calling my friend a loser who can't get girls, is totally nice of you... Whereas me calling no one in particular is fat is totally mean of me. Please shed some light! I am young and stupid after all...O wise one! Shed some light.
    Last edited by TQP; 04-25-2014 at 12:59 PM.
    JOURNAL.

Gelatin/bone broth recipes blog. (Latest recipe: Favorite Smoothies Recipes!)

Professional Style Website. (Latest features: Andrea, Random House Author; Tara, Digital Media Producer)

Sweatpants are a sign of defeat. You lost control of your life so you bought some sweatpants.- Karl Lagerfeld

FrenchFry is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369 View Post
    You know how doughnuts, cookies, brownies, Doritos and Cheetos are "carbs" around here even though they contain just as much if not more fat than carbs. Bias anyone? Buyer beware!
    Just to quantify things a little :

Doritos Nutritional Information

Quote Originally Posted by FrenchFry View Post
    Just to quantify things a little :

Doritos Nutritional Information

Calories in The Coca-Cola Company - Coca-Cola classic | Nutrition and Health Facts

Actually this is even worse:

http://www.starbucks.com/menu/drinks...ended-beverage

Thats the "light" variety

I'm blaming that past 10 years on Starbucks exclusively.....and ESPECIALLY adolescent/teen obesity. Everything before that is up for grabs.
    Last edited by Neckhammer; 04-25-2014 at 01:30 PM.

oxide is offline Senior Member
    Choco, I give you credit for at trying Carb Curve Primal (I guess I can call it that) before finding it didn't work for you. But there are so many Success Stories that I'm pretty sure Carb Curve Primal does work for many many people. I only ask that people try it before rejecting it. And I mean going through the FULL transition, not getting frustrated with newbie mistakes (nuts) or giving up during carb flu.

That said, for those who like BPC but are afraid of the Fat Gram Calorie Bomb, I've had some success with this:

1. Make Bulletproof Cocoa from 12 oz water, 1 teaspoon coconut oil, 2 tablespoons butter, 1 heaping tablespoon cocoa powder, a bit of stevia (optional), and a bit of optional vanilla OR mint extract (optional).
    2. Blend it extra well and divide into three small containers 4-5 ounces each. Refrigerate.
    3. Each day, shake one well and microwave it for 90 seconds. If you blend it well the first time, the BPC keeps in the fridge and mixes with just shaking.

I found that one of these mini BPC's is just as filling as a whole one, especially if I sip it slowly. It satsifies my chocolate cravings. It breaks the 3 pm boredom at work. It's a good early mini-meal (or late lunch dessert) if I want to IF through dinner (15 hr IF). And it's only ~80 calories, all as fat.
    5'0" female, 43 years old. Started Primal October 31, 2011, at a skinny fat 111.5 lbs. Low weight: 99.5 lb on a fast. Current weight: skinny-fat 106.5 lbs because of sugar cheating.

MY PRIMAL: I (try to) follow by-the-book primal as advocated by Mark Sisson, except for whey powder and a bit of cream. I aim for 80-90 g carb/day and advocate a two-month strict adjustment for newbies. But everybody is different and other need to tweak Primal to their own needs.

Drumroll is online now Senior Member
    Yikes... Innocent topic goes to the fishes once again.

Time to dump it in the drink Mack. *sigh*

"The cling and a clang is the metal in my head when I walk. I hear a sort of, this tinging noise - cling clang. The cling clang. So many things happen while walking. The metal in my head clangs and clings as I walk - freaks my balance out. So the natural thought is just clogged up. Totally clogged up. So we need to unplug these dams, and make the the natural flow... It sort of freaks me out. We need to unplug the dams. You cannot stop the natural flow of thought with a cling and a clang..."

Quote Originally Posted by Drumroll View Post
    Yikes... Innocent topic goes to the fishes once again.

Time to dump it in the drink Mack. *sigh*

Nellodee is offline Senior Member
    That Bulletproof stuff seems entirely too expensive for what it is. Wary of anything that's so heavily advertised.

ChocoTaco369 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by oxide View Post
    Choco, I give you credit for at trying Carb Curve Primal (I guess I can call it that) before finding it didn't work for you. But there are so many Success Stories that I'm pretty sure Carb Curve Primal does work for many many people.
    I will absolutely fight this to the death of me. It has absolutely nothing to do with the "carb curve." It is the elimination of processed foods and the ensuing increase in protein. Think about what low carb diets eliminate.

Doughnuts
    Cereal
    Juice
    Soda
    Sandwiches
    Pasta
    Cake
    Cookies
    Crackers
    Chips

The list goes on and on. Virtually every processed food on the shelf at the grocery store is eliminated by avoiding grains and sugar, and when you through vegetable oils into the mix, you'll probably come close to 100% elimination. Probably easily in the high 90's.

It results in eliminating high energy-density, low nutrient-density, hyperpalatable, low-satiety foods. That is it. The damndest thing about eating steak and vegetables is they're very filling per calorie thanks to the protein and fiber content (not the fat!), and they take a long time for your body to break down. But replacing fatty meats, oils and vegetables with leaner meats, greatly reducing added fats and increasing your fruits and starches will likely markedly increase your health. Low carb diets are terrible for your gut health, terrible for your thyroid, terrible for insulin sensitivity and terrible for stress hormone synthesis. The cortisol level flies high on low carb diets since cortisol is the chief hormone in gluconeogenesis.

Eat a balanced diet rich in all types of plants and animals. Otherwise, you will be missing parts of the puzzle and holding yourself back in some way.
    Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast