17 20.73%
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you drink coffee? page

Timthetaco Guest

Do you drink coffee?

Shop Now
    Just curious.

miata is online now Senior Member
    One cup in the morning with coconut oil, clarified grass fed butter and cocoa powder.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

Markbt is offline Senior Member
    Yes, bulletproofly.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

eats.meats.west is online now Senior Member
    3-4 Cafe Americanos daily. Some black others with half/half. Love it!

tarek is offline Senior Member
    Just quit a month ago. Before that, I had one 12oz. cup daily, brewed with freshly-ground single origin beans that I roasted at home every week. Loved drinking it, but not good for my sleep/energy.

endless is offline Senior Member
    Nope.

Drumroll is offline Senior Member
    Yes I do, but not daily.

My daily caffeine of choice has become yerba mate. Blast me all you want for it, but that stuff is magical.
    "The cling and a clang is the metal in my head when I walk. I hear a sort of, this tinging noise - cling clang. The cling clang. So many things happen while walking. The metal in my head clangs and clings as I walk - freaks my balance out. So the natural thought is just clogged up. Totally clogged up. So we need to unplug these dams, and make the the natural flow... It sort of freaks me out. We need to unplug the dams. You cannot stop the natural flow of thought with a cling and a clang..."

Balance is offline Senior Member
    I am trying hard to quit. I have been making a cold brew concentrate for a few months that I love especially as the weather gets warmer. It is probably 2-3x stronger than a typical cup of coffee but I dilute it a little with ice. I normally drink it with 2 tablespoons of organic heavy cream. The problem is I started with an 8 ounce serving and now it has turned into a 16-20 oz. serving per day. I find that I am craving the coffee more than breakfast or lunch. When I try to go a day without it the headaches and withdrawal symptoms hit me hard. Not to mention I feel a lot more bloated with coffee. I don't think its the coffee per se that is causing the bloat but most likely the cream. Either way, I find it hard to consume coffee without some cream. I especially don't like the fact that I can't go a day without drinking it. Because of these reasons I am trying to quit but I know it will be very difficult as I have done it a few times in the past and always came back to it
    "If man made it, don't eat it" - Jack Lallane

People say I am on a "crazy" diet. What is so crazy about eating veggies, fruits, seafood and organ meats? Just because I don't eat whole wheat and processed food doesn't make my diet "crazy". Maybe everyone else with a SAD are the "crazy" ones for putting that junk in their system.

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    One morning mug espresso with a teaspoon of coconut oil blended in daily. A second one more often than not. Very rarely a third one. When I have very fresh butter in the house, I use that instead of the coconut oil.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

tarek is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    I am trying hard to quit. I have been making a cold brew concentrate for a few months that I love especially as the weather gets warmer. It is probably 2-3x stronger than a typical cup of coffee but I dilute it a little with ice. I normally drink it with 2 tablespoons of organic heavy cream. The problem is I started with an 8 ounce serving and now it has turned into a 16-20 oz. serving per day. I find that I am craving the coffee more than breakfast or lunch. When I try to go a day without it the headaches and withdrawal symptoms hit me hard. Not to mention I feel a lot more bloated with coffee. I don't think its the coffee per se that is causing the bloat but most likely the cream. Either way, I find it hard to consume coffee without some cream. I especially don't like the fact that I can't go a day without drinking it. Because of these reasons I am trying to quit but I know it will be very difficult as I have done it a few times in the past and always came back to it
    I'd recommend looking into DLPA and/or L-Tyrosine. Check out this article: How to Quit Coffee

I've taken breaks from coffee several times over the past four years, and DLPA has been a HUGE help. This, however, has been the only time I've quit where I don't intend on drinking it again. I weaned myself off over a week and then took 1,000mg of DLPA 2x per day for about a week after. I had a headache for half a day and felt kinda tired for two, but it was nowhere near the debilitating withdrawals I've read about.
    Last edited by tarek; 04-21-2014 at 11:02 PM.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast