• Yes

65 79.27%
  • Other (explain)

17 20.73%
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you drink coffee? page 4

Neeleh is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Modern lifestyle wreaks havoc on our poor bodies and minds and yes, we have to jack ourselves up artificially to survive/keep going!

And yet... my coffee detox was real. The cravings were very strong and I had headaches too.

I have never worked in an office. At the time of quitting it was summer, I was swimming outside daily, hiking and was not eating processed food. I wonder whether withdrawal might have been more acutely felt because I dont numb myself with the stimulation and distractions of modern lifestyle?

I wish I could tolerate coffee better, b/c I like the idea of fasting into the morning, I did always enjoy the bitter taste, and I would like to have the widest possible experience of things, esp food/drink
    Live in the sunshine, swim the sea, drink the wild air
    Ralph Waldo Emerson

Journal: Vibrant Life

Alfi56 is offline Senior Member
    Im confused about coffee-is it good or bad? Ive heard both cases that it can "boost metabolism", but ive also heard that it can increase cortisol esp in the morning and cause bloat, and is the last factor to "lean out". I feel more alert whenever i have coffee, but idk if that is a good effect or a bad one, because i feel a difference (kind of like a withdrawal) when i cut it out.

Balance is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369 View Post
    Coffee is a major anti-stressor. Drink it.

There is a reason why people feel so awful "detoxing" from coffee. With their terribly unhealthy lifestyle of bad food, no sleep, no exercise, no sun and sitting all day in an office, the coffee was the only thing keeping their poor body going.
    This definitely wasn't the case for me. I have crazy withdrawals from coffee and I feel that my diet is really great. I have never been overweight, I get 7-9 hours of sleep, walk/exercise regularly, work from home with my own business not in an office, and I get sun everyday. I made French pressed organic coffee. When I didn't have it I would act like a raging asshole until I made my first cup. When I switched over to green teas I felt so much better all around. I agree with one of the previous posters that coffee tended to make me a bit on edge and moodier especially when I had to wait to get it.
    "If man made it, don't eat it" - Jack Lallane

People say I am on a "crazy" diet. What is so crazy about eating veggies, fruits, seafood and organ meats? Just because I don't eat whole wheat and processed food doesn't make my diet "crazy". Maybe everyone else with a SAD are the "crazy" ones for putting that junk in their system.

iniQuity is offline Senior Member
    I do, maybe one a day, sometimes none, other times more than one. I like it. I rarely have any after 3pm.
    I used to seriously post here, now I prefer to troll.

Owen is online now Senior Member
    I love coffee and drink too much. Its become the one thing I struggle to limit since going paleo. It could be worse - I'd prefer to have a coffee problem than be overdosing on pizza, but I do find it's a stressor if I have more than two cups a day. Trying to replace with hot water and tea at the moment.

bazzz is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Energy! View Post
    Generally, no. In my thirties I used to drink a cup of instant decaf (sacrilege, I know) with cream and artificial sweetener every afternoon.
    That isn't coffee.

Silvergirl is offline Senior Member
    I LOVE coffee. I was having real issues with it though, firstly couldn't drink after about 3pm then not after 12pm then started to cause a possible TIA. I now find I can have coffee just fine if I have the Upgraded Bulletproof coffee, so I have proper Bulletproof coffee in the morning and then drink decaf upgraded coffee a few times more during the day.
    Starting Primal June 2012 at 148.5lbs, goal weight in November 2012.
    Now 95lbs and holding.
    Primal, minus eggs, dairy and a myriad of other allergens.

Coffee is the ELIXER ! People have too many ideas In Their heads that it's a bad thing. It's way to easy to go with the naysaying pack on this one! Relax...have a cup o joe

counterpuncher is offline Senior Member
    I stopped drinking it a year and a half ago.
    Don't miss it at all.
    I weaned myself off of it over the course of a month. Half a cup for one week, then tea for a week, then green tea for a week, then decaf tea for a week.
    Withdrawal was minimal, and my energy is much more level without it.

One has to really know quality coffee firstly. It goes right along with knowing quality chocolate ,wine , pastured grass meat etc. buy your coffee locally from a quality roaster not from the supermarket it makes all the difference. I find that Rooster Brother Coffee Roasters is far superior Than most others

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast