Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Eklecktik Ramblings... page

Eklecktika is offline Senior Member

Eklecktik Ramblings...

Primal Fuel
    Eh, ok, I'm going to try this. I was awful at it over at RTH, though I didn't really miss it that much.

Here's the scoop on yours truly...

30 years old (!) (When did that happen? I was 17 just a few days ago, I SWEAR!)
    157 pounds
    as far as I can guess, 30% body fat.
    5'6"
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    I'd like to get back to where I was pre-baby, (um, he's going to be four, I can't use that as an excuse any more!!) which was 123, but I'll be happy when I have definition in my legs, and am comfortable in a two piece again. Or, as they say, round and round she goes, where she'll stop, nobody knows.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kinks in the plan:
    Hypopit.
    Medrol.
    Aldosterone.
    hyporeninemia.
    Phooey.

Sex hormones are wonky, but hopefully Dr F will get me square on that level. I'd really like to NOT have trouble with fertility should I ever find a guy worthy of the job.

OK, on to day one of tracking, approx day 14 of my PB 'kick'.
    Chief cook & bottle washer for one kid, a dog, 6 hens, 2 surprise! roosters, two horses, and a random 'herd' of quail.

~The ultimate ignorance is the rejection of something one knows nothing about and refuses to investigate~

AM weigh in: 155

Dinner last night was bone marrow + steak. Lunch today:left over steak. Charlie dug the heck out of the leftovers.
    Marrow-meh. Steak? MMmmmm.

Acne on right jaw is decreasing; Cysts have withered but are still present.

Hm. What else? Date with Michael tonight...and I heard through the grapevine that Ted IS still interested after all; Just wants to find a different job and move up here before he starts anything. Silly boys. Brad poofed, but got the lowdown on that too-it's his MO since his divorce. Meh, whatever. Wasn't that interested anyway. His loss.

I fricking HATE dating.

Kickboxing tonight; then date, then kidless for the weekend. Rodeo and Mitzi Friday, cabin saturday, RedRiver sunday. Wa-Hoo!
    Chief cook & bottle washer for one kid, a dog, 6 hens, 2 surprise! roosters, two horses, and a random 'herd' of quail.

~The ultimate ignorance is the rejection of something one knows nothing about and refuses to investigate~

Minxxa is offline Senior Member
    Just wanted to pop by and say Hi!
    "Boy I got vision and the rest of the world is wearing bifocals" - Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid

*waves* Hiya Minxxa! Big plans for the weekend? I'm SO glad its a long weekend. I need it!

I'm headed to WSU tonight to pick up my dog; he's been living with my uncle since the big divorce, and found out yesterday that he probably won't survive this next week. He has a tumor at the base of his esophagus, and thanks to the continuing ineptitude of Dr ________ at the ____________ vet clinic, he has inhalational pneumonia, and bad. He's been in ICU since Thursday AM. Dr. R has a scope, but no snippers to remove whatever it is.

Poor dog. He is 10 years old though, and that makes a tough decision a little easier. It's a DAMN good thing LVC isn't dealing with me on that, because A) he'd have never gone there in the first place, and B) I'd raise holy HELL in there about the IP. NO excuse. NONE. I've worked there, though, and seen how its run.

Anyhow. Date with Michael last night was outSTANDING. Had thai food...tom gah kai soup. No idea if it was primal or not-but it was good. Conversation was great, and we're starting to loosen up a little bit around each other. Did I mention he's hawt? And got a smooch last night...(!) made the ol' toes curl. Oi. Smart (masters in Biology). Well-read. Active. Geeky enough that I fit right in. Tall. Blue eyes. and OMG his voice! His only catch is that he's wishywashy on ___________, and I am WAY opininonated on that. But there's hope. Same religion, though not practicing.

I've got a thing for deep, sexy voices. And he has it. There HAS to be a kink somewhere. A guy like that doesn't get to be 30 and be single for no reason, right? He could be dang-er-ous. In a really good way. I am MUCH too excited about this for it to be a good thing. Second date and I've got a shit-eating grin plastered on my face. Someone, please, slap me. Hard.

OK. 'Nuf 'bout that. And the dog. :'-(

So, yeah.

Dinner was:

Klickerberries with heavy cream
    Tom gah kai soup w/ a little bit of rice (I know, I know!)
    Thai iced coffee

Way too many lemon drops. I bought them in a moment of weakness after I found out about KD. And proceeded to scarf half the bag. Damn they were good.

Breakfast was a meatlovers omelet at waffles'n'more. Delish, AND primal. Score!

Morning weigh in-155. Progress maintained, right? We'll see how the cabin treats me.

Have a great weekend everyone!

Sounds like a great date! My humble opinion (ha ha) is that you're never going to find someone who's beliefs completely align with yours AND makes your toes curl. I go for toe curling and at least an acceptable amount of "live and let live". :-)

30 and unmarried doesn't sound so bad. Seems like he was working on the educational front. And maybe he's picky :-)

Bummer about your pooch. :-(

What exactly are klickerberries? never heard of them!

Plans for the weekend include lots of sitting and reading, thrift store shopping with the girl-child, hanging with the family and perhaps beach time (if it clears up, it's very cloudy and overcast here and is supposed to last the weekend, but we may go anyway, we'll see!). Walks with the pup... lots of hanging out! I start my new class (master's) next Tuesday, and so go to school 4 days a week (2 nights dance class, 2 nights other class), so not much time (except weekends and I will have papers and homework and such). So definitely enjoying this three day weekend!

Have fun!
    "Boy I got vision and the rest of the world is wearing bifocals" - Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid

Klickerberries are local thing-strawberries that have been picked at the UBERripe stage and bucketed. They're a noncommercial variety so they don't ship well. But oh my heaven are they good.

What kind of pup do you have? I'm a huge dog lover. Molosser breeds are my fave, then Danes, then cowdogs. I'll probably only ever own cowdogs, though.

AND I forgot to mention-I did a dry run on my jeans for tonight-they FIT. Size 9 cruel girls. poi-fect. Mmwah! And my size 30 seven for all mankinds are wrapping my ass right now...comfortably! I thought they were my 31s...til just now when I had to pee. WOOT!

Ugh, I'm jealous of going to school! I'd love to, but then I'd have to deal with the AMA, and I'm pretty sure we'd butt heads-bad. Jeez, I'd love for all this shit that I know about hormones and crap to be USEFUL instead of just making me weird and anti doctor...haha.

What are you gonna be when you grow up?

Grow up? Nevah!! :-)

I'm getting my master's in counseling psychology. So theoretically I'm going to be an MFT (marraige, family therapist). I want to specialize in sex therapy, couples therapy and communication issues, as those are my passions and I truly believe people need more help in that area since we mostly don't talk about issues in that arena. Eventually down the line I aim to own my own practice, so I can schedule my own hours ... which would NOT include mornings. My goal is to be able to get up in the morning with no clock, be able to make tea, take a shower, sit and read, then get ready for my day. I know someone who does this (old friend of my mom's) so I know it's possible! :-)

Our pup is a half lab/half GSD. Super sweet and cute... nutcase! She's very smart, but also very excitable, though it is diminishing a bit with age. We take her to training still and that's helped a lot... she'll sit and down even when she really doesn't want to cuz there's something super interesting going on outside. Her fave thing to do is lay down in front of the front screen door and watch all the peeps, cats, cars. We call it "Doggie TV". :-)

Congrats on the jeans!! Someday I'll be able to do that again. I kept all my old ones!

farmerjess is offline Member
    We have almost the exact same starting stats!

I am almost 30 (oct)
    5'6"
    155 lb

and have hypoT as my challenge. I look forward to reading your stuff!

Hey farmerjess! There's a few of us hypos around here :-)

I'm older (42) same height though and weight around 165. I went from 142-170 ish while my thyroid was going wonky. Blyeah. Still can't lose the weight though, and probably won't until the levels are in the right area. For now, my focus with primal is improving my health and getting my hormones/vitamins and stuff back to where they need to be.

We'll see...

PrimalCon New York
    So, the weekend. Hung out with my girlfriend from Omaha, and we ran into Ted. I got home at 430. AM. I'm too old for this!

The dog doesn't have a tumor, he has megaesophagus. Which is good, and bad. He was so dehydrated and looked so poor that WSU required a DNR to be signed, and when they pulled blood to run labs, they had to pull a second time, because his blood was too concentrated to spin. He began vomiting Friday, and wasn't able to take in anything-liquids or solids, until yesterday. He went to WSU on friday, and they began TWO simultaneous fluid bags-one IV, one subq. LVS said he 'ate a can of dog food' wednesday, which is interesting, because WSU said he couldn't eat anything til Sunday afternoon.

Hmmm....Now, I'm not callin' anyone a liar, but I don't think they're telling the truth.

Anway. The english language lacks the verbage to describe just how angry I am.

Morning weigh in- 156.5.
    AF is in town, since Saturday. Oh joy.

Cabin eats: primarily strawberries, since I didn't realize Denise was cooking. Gag. Got into a tiff with my bro over gluten, informed him that celiac is no different than type one diabetes, and he could just as easily decide he doesn't need insulin as I could decide to 'have no problem' with gluten. He'd 'never thought of it that way'. Yeah, not a real DEEP thinker, are you, there?

Anyhoo...waiting for Michael to call...ahem...I mean, he hasn't called, and I am by NO means waiting by the phone.

OK, maybe I am. But only because I normally keep my phone on my desk.

Have I mentioned I HATE dating? This is why. You find someone you REALLY like, they go POOF.

Anyway, todays eats:

Coffee with heavy cream
    celery (200 grams) with almond butter (80 grams)
    several tablespoons of cream (gag)

I have no appetite today.

Kickboxing tonight. Then bed.

Codys finally home, thank heavens. I miss him when he's gone.
    Last edited by Eklecktika; 10-08-2010 at 08:29 AM.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast