Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fruit page

shannon is offline Senior Member

Fruit

do we need it? i've been going days without any. my husband thinks it's a foolish idea. i'm just not in the mood for the sweetness of it. i'm also a bit fanatic about the sugars. i did a 6mos. candida diet(very similiar to primal). let me know what ya think!

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Not crucial. I love fruit, but if you don't want it, don't eat it.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

groquette is offline Senior Member
    I only eat fruit occasionally. I suspect that fruit was a seasonal occurrence for most of humanity's history, so not really necessary every day, but I'm not about to go paleo-reenacting or all fanatic about any part of this!

Stabby is offline Senior Member
    I know people get so butthurt when I suggest that maybe just maybe it's not health-promoting. Not that it's necessarily terrible, it's just not a positive thing and nobody is going to suffer physiologically from lack of fruit. And I certainly do better without any more than some blueberries. It's not the glucose because I'm fine with tubers but the fructose is a weird little guy in the context of a very high fat diet. Robb Wolf had a good comment about that today on his podcast.
    Stabbing conventional wisdom in its face.

Anyone who wants to talk nutrition should PM me!

rphlslv is offline Senior Member
    Fine in moderation. Some fructose is good to replenish liver glycogen, which supplies the brain with glucose during fasting, thereby preventing gluconeogenesis.
    .`.><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>
    ><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>

shannon is offline Senior Member
    i can't eat a banana without feeling its ill effects. wild blueberries are definitely something that i can eat once in a blue moon without any consequences. i notice that my seasonal allergies reappear after too much fructose. since i've eliminated grains i have absolutely no problem with being out doors all year long. i have a gut feeling that my body will let me know if i need it. so far i guess i'm getting everything i need from lots of meat and some lower carb. veggies. thanks for the replies.

Khrystyna is offline Senior Member
    I don't think fruit is particularly necessary as far as vitamins and minerals go but it can be a useful source of phytochemicals that may not be as readily available from vegetables. I myself eat too much fruit I'm sure but I love having some nice clean carbs in my life.
    My primal adventures:
    http://foodfloraandfelines.blogspot.com/
    Cooking, nutrition, gardening, foraging, preserving, photography

Mac
    Mac is offline Senior Member
    I don't eat a lot of fruit...maybe an apple a week or a couple banana/egg pancakes on the weekend. My kids on the other hand eat a lot of fruit for snacks. They aren't fans of veggies (what kid is?) and I am not feeding them granola, crackers, and assorted crap for snacks so fruit along with my home made jerky and pepperoni it is.

lil_earthmomma is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac View Post
    I don't eat a lot of fruit...maybe an apple a week or a couple banana/egg pancakes on the weekend. My kids on the other hand eat a lot of fruit for snacks. They aren't fans of veggies (what kid is?) and I am not feeding them granola, crackers, and assorted crap for snacks so fruit along with my home made jerky and pepperoni it is.
    Fruit is my go to for the groklings as well. Much better than goldfish and "fruit" snacks!

Stabby is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    True that. If it keeps people away from the bad stuff that's reason enough to eat it. If I don't get my morning berries I'm even more homicidal than usual.
    Stabbing conventional wisdom in its face.

Anyone who wants to talk nutrition should PM me!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast