Artbuc is offline Senior Member

US Wellness Beef Gelatin

Primal Fuel

bloodorchid is online now Senior Member
    it looks expensive

sounds like it tastes good though
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

hebsie is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodorchid View Post
    it looks expensive

sounds like it tastes good though
    ...x2

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    US Wellness products have never let me down as far as quality. And their customer service is also very good.

They are expensive, imo, for a lot of things. Also, I never order from online vendors anymore if the product says, "approx X.X pounds" because in my experience, "approximately" generally means "way less," and "on average," means that I'm always going to get the one that's lower than the stated weight.

Since I consider making bone broth and its gelatin a labor of love, that product isn't for me. However, if I needed the convenience of not making my own, I wouldn't hesitate to buy it from USW.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Artbuc is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    US Wellness products have never let me down as far as quality. And their customer service is also very good.

They are expensive, imo, for a lot of things. Also, I never order from online vendors anymore if the product says, "approx X.X pounds" because in my experience, "approximately" generally means "way less," and "on average," means that I'm always going to get the one that's lower than the stated weight.

Since I consider making bone broth and its gelatin a labor of love, that product isn't for me. However, if I needed the convenience of not making my own, I wouldn't hesitate to buy it from USW.
    Thanks, is it easy to make? Do you need a slow cooker? What is your favorite recipe? I would like to make a batch.

bloodorchid is online now Senior Member
    it's very easy to make and you can simmer it on the stove or use a slow cooker. which ever method you try, do it for at least a day to leech out as many minerals and connective tissues as possible

US wellness's ingredient list is pretty much the recipe. toss in a bunch of bones, a celery stalk, a carrot, a bay leaf and a splash of your choice of vinegar. simmer/slow cooker it, strain it & use it how you like

if it doesn't gell up very much, cook it longer next time

i just toss a bunch of bones, giblets, apple cider vinegar, salt, pepper, maybe a pig's foot in mine and let it simmer until the bones crumble, adding water as necessary
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Since I never know what I'm going to use it for, I don't season it until I use it. I also use a pressure cooker. So:

-however many bones will fit into the colander portion of the pressure cooker (1-2 lbs depending on the bones)
    -filtered water to the MAX line (the cooker I use is eight quarts)
    -2 tablespoons ACV (but any acid will do, so lemon juice would work)

Cook under pressure for an hour; depressurize; fill to MAX line.
    Repeat.
    Repeat. (So total time under pressure is three hours.)
    The last depressurization I let happen slowly rather than the quick way. Cool. Strain.

That seems to be successful with four legged creatures. My results for chicken are all over the place.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite