Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Does anyone know of a good device to use for chopping vegetables?

Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthFriendly View Post
    I use me dremel for everything. It really is the all purpose tool. If you're looking for a good tool, I suggest a dremel.
    I'm fairly surprised you haven't found a way to chop vegetables using a potato... but I suppose the potato could be the dremel bit couldn't it... ?

I use a 10"santoku, 3" santoku, 18" slicer, or 10" slighly curved chef's knife for all my chopping. A cheapie chicago cutlery paring knife does all my detail work.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Latest Journal

Quote Originally Posted by Fatkid View Post
    I'm fairly surprised you haven't found a way to chop vegetables using a potato... but I suppose the potato could be the dremel bit couldn't it... ?
    wait...what?

chopping vegetables?

I would never use my dremel for that.

I just use a knife.

Or the food processor if it's going to be more than 5lbs. worth.

That Slap CHop is not a bad idea thou... very inexpensive, quick and dirty job.

I use a mandoline for slicing.

I use an ulu and a cutting board with a "bowl" scooped out of it. I also have an old wooden Japanese mandolin. I only chop in quantity ahead of time for stews, soups, etc. If it is to be eaten in salads, I prepare it fresh.

I use my food processor with the S hook at least twice per day..dump in a ton of raw veggies and use for whatever I'm using them for..mere seconds....although, that being said I do have them pre-washed and broken into large chunks already...then , those chunks go in for a quick pulse or two.... I couldn't live without my food processor... ;-) I eat WAY WAY more vegetables when they are teeny tiny.....

The Large Hadron Collider was actually built to turn my vegetables into subatomic particles for easier digestion.

Best investment I ever made. The only downside is the chance I could create a black hole, but my nutrient absorption ratios are much more important at the moment.

The Large Hadron Collider was actually built to turn my vegetables into subatomic particles for easier digestion.

Best investment I ever made.
    Sexy! Send me postcard with a picture of the Higgs boson on it the next time one shows up in your food, will you? I've been dying to see one.

Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by groquette View Post
    Sexy! Send me postcard with a picture of the Higgs boson on it the next time one shows up in your food, will you? I've been dying to see one.
    Argh, if i knew... farted one few minutes ago.