Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Eating primal a disorder? According to The Guardian, it is! page 2

avocado is offline Senior Member
    Ugh, this stupid article again. Too badly written to base a discussion on.

Bushrat is offline Senior Member
    It is not a new disorder, just more junk science bought out by a publish or perish academic environment. The best comment yet (in another thread):

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...353#post148353

Khrystyna is offline Senior Member
    I think any diet is a disorder when trying to adhere to it regularly causes you stress, but it seems to me that most people eating primal truly love and enjoy it, but there probably are some who stress too much about it and beat themselves up really hard when they have something a bit naughty rather than just accepting that it was an indulgence and an enjoyable one without getting upset about it, that's definately not healthy.
    My primal adventures:
    http://foodfloraandfelines.blogspot.com/
    Cooking, nutrition, gardening, foraging, preserving, photography

kmac is offline Member
    Khrys and Killacat are on the nail here...

there are people that are truly orthorexic that when eating a couple extra fruits then planed puts there total carb intact over a certain amount and spend the rest of the day paniking and being misserable because of it. the majority of us who stick to the big stuff and dont sweat the little things dont have a problem.

It isn't subjective or relative, purely objective here, ORTHOREXIA is an obsession about one aspect (eating healthy for optimum wellbeing) of the wellness spectrum, to the detriment of others (emotional, spiritual, physical etcetera) {oh nose, i ate a banana, a sweet potatoe, a handful of berries, a couple dates, and carrots today, i am such an epic fail! im going to go workout for teh next 3 hours, be a miserable wreck, not study for my exam/miss work/friend-family event because of it....... see what we mean?}

BlazeKING is offline Senior Member
    My life has changed a lot for the better since going primal..and if that is a disorder then I have a disorder, and I am proud of it and will continue to be disorderly till I die.

ColoradoSteve is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kmac View Post
    there are people that are truly orthorexic that when eating a couple extra fruits then planed puts there total carb intact over a certain amount and spend the rest of the day paniking and being misserable because of it. }
    I always thought that was obsessive–compulsive. I'm sure that behavior spills out to many other aspects of their lives.
    Never, never, never quit! -- Winston Churchill

dragonmamma is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I think that if your eating habits make everyone around you (like family and friends) miserable, then that's a pretty good indication that you have an eating disorder.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12