Thread: Blood sugar win page

elwyne is offline Senior Member

Blood sugar win

Primal Fuel
    My whole life I've ridden the blood sugar roller coaster. As a kid I was always a screaming fury if dinner was a bit late; as an adult I've only managed to stave off the rage and misery by eating almost constantly. I have hated and feared the sensation of hunger, because it always meant a crash was imminent. I have eaten when I didn't need or want to, out of fear.

I have been primal for maybe a month, and not very primal at that. Maybe 50-60% as opposed to 80%. I still eat an occasional piece of bread, potato, or serving of grains. Last night I even had 3 desserts. (3!! omg! but they were catered and soooooo good it was worth it! ) I also eat too much fruit.

But in that month or so I've had nary a blood sugar crash. No lightheadedness, no rage, no misery. Nearly 5 hours passed between lunch and dinner yesterday, and I was merely hungry, not a slavering ravenous beast. I made it all through my morning routine and a couple of hours of work on only a boiled egg. That may not sound like much to some folks, but for me it's a huge breakthrough: I no longer feel like a slave to mealtimes and emergency granola bars.

I'm so very happy to have found this site and learned about the magic of fat.
    thank you!!

barryman9000 is offline Senior Member
    Last night I even had 3 desserts. (3!! omg! but they were catered and soooooo good it was worth it! ) I also eat too much fruit.
    After my body "switched" over to eating Primal/Paleo (it took about a month) I no longer cared for desserts - I just don't crave sugar anymore. Shoot for going 100% Primal for a month or two, see how that treats you. Chances are you'll never go back.

hannahc is offline Senior Member
    I was always a screaming fury if dinner was a bit late; as an adult I've only managed to stave off the rage and misery by eating almost constantly. I have hated and feared the sensation of hunger, because it always meant a crash was imminent. I have eaten when I didn't need or want to, out of fear.
    This is why I originally found MDA! I was so sick of being freaking starving all the time, and I knew there had to be a better way to eat than the standard "Healthy" American diet (no processed foods, lots of whole grains, low fat dairy, etc.) since it was making me eat every 1.5 to 2 hours...and I'd get cranky and snappy and shakey if I couldn't eat soon enough.

That was more than a year ago, and I'll never go back
    You are what you eat,
    and what you eat eats too - Michael Pollan

Mermaid is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    My husband used to be like you before going primal. He was literally starving every two hours when eating carbs. It was like having an infant around--almost impossible to keep up with the food needs! I dreaded cooking because I knew that even if I put a big meal on the table he'd be ravenous within a couple of hours. It seemed so pointless. It would have been easier just to hook him up to an IV! Now we are both happier, and we can go way longer between meals with no sugar crashes. It's a much easier way to live!
    Mermaid