Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: new study results: animal protein increases risk for diabetes page 2

bazzz is offline Member
    Primal Fuel
    Horrible study. You might be able to access it here: Sign In

They break it down by gender and country, and it's all over the place. No real pattern at all.

Gwen is offline Member
    well, not a member, and not going to pay for becoming one. But thanks.

bazzz is offline Member
    Also, they state in the main figure legend that the data are NOT adjusted for carbohydrate intake. Which I suspect would also correlate.

Yettekov is offline Junior Member
    As a "prediabetic type 2" I have been watching my diet and checking to see what get's my blood sugar's up. I can tell you that my levels go into the normal range when I eat a meat and greens diet! If I add fruits or anything slightly sweet I can watch it climb. Diet change and exercise will keep me in the normal range.

noodletoy is offline Senior Member
    this again?
    As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

Ernest Hemingway

DinoHunter is offline Senior Member
    Hubby was Severely Diabetic pre-primal... he no longer test as diabetic since we went primal. at all... Nuff said
    Every time I hear the dirty word 'exercise', I wash my mouth out with chocolate.

http://primaldog.blogspot.co.uk/

gdot is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Yettekov View Post
    As a "prediabetic type 2" I have been watching my diet and checking to see what get's my blood sugar's up. I can tell you that my levels go into the normal range when I eat a meat and greens diet! If I add fruits or anything slightly sweet I can watch it climb. Diet change and exercise will keep me in the normal range.
    With time and a little effort you might well be able to thrive with fruits in your diet again. I don't know how long you've been 'low carbing' and I'm certain it's a great first step in turning your health around. I hope though, that you will not give up on having a moderate carb intake eventually.

Ultimately insulin resistance isn't cured with a low carb diet. It is merely managed. Taking this route too far can actually make you less insulin resistant than you are now.

Plenty of people around here have been down a similar road 'round here and can help with their observations.

Again - Congratulations on your progress!

workinprogress is offline Senior Member
    Eating Fast food burgers qualifies as a high meat diet. Nobody with any sense would argue it's healthy.
    Last edited by workinprogress; 04-25-2014 at 11:19 PM. Reason: misspelling

Timthetaco Guest
    I ate a lot of animal protein when I ate lots of lasagna, sandwiches and cheese fries. Means nothing.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12