The motivation to write this post came from an unlikely source this time ... a television show. I recently stumbled across an episode of Dr. Phil called the "FAT" debate. The show featured some celebrity trainers, activists for the acceptance of obese people, and a few other experts. Each of them giving their individual opinions on the subject of living obese/over weight. A shocking subject some might say. However, what shocked me was the out right anger that came from the audience, the majority of whom were very, very over weight. I have never seen so many people fail to take responsibility for where their current body composition and quality of life stands. Lets face it people, no one and I mean no one is born obese! They are factors that contribute to gaining weight easier than others and genetics do take a roll in how lean you can become. However, no one needs to feel they’re stuck living a life obese.

Here are my thoughts on this subject. Everything you do in your life with your body is a decision you have made. You must know that you are making a decision between living over weight/obese or taking action and changing your body/life. When you make any decision in life it is best to know the facts and to accept the possible benefits and risks that come with that decision. If you are obese/over weight and/or eating a poor diet you must accept the inherent risks that are involved. Just as their are risks involved with smoking, drinking, or driving without your seat belt, there are risks involved with living overweight and having a poor diet.

Every day you're making a conscious decision to live with those risks of being overweight/obese and not taking action. You're accepting the risk that you may have bone/joint problems at a much younger age, you're the risk of developing type 2 diabetes, hyper tension, high blood pressure, chronic lung ailments, syndrome x and a host of other illness/disease. Not to mention, for those of you with kids, young children learn by example. Allowing your children to watch you eat less than favorable foods and living a sedentary life style could set them on the path of obesity and disease as well. You must accept the fact that you're actions don’t may not just harm yourself, but may also harm the ones you love. You must take a good look at your life, current state of health, and body composition ... ask yourself if you are truly happy. Are you able to do all the things you would like to do in life? Are you as active as you would like? Do you prepared to take medication the rest of your life? Are you living your life to its absolute fullest?

I'm in no way saying that we should all look the same or strive to look like fitness models! Most people on the planet will never cut their body fat to such extremely low levels. In fact it's unrealistic, and a body fat percentage that low comes with its health risks as well. What I am saying is that we all have a birth right to be lean, fit, and healthy! We are all born to live a strong, lean, healthy life full of activity and joy! We should all be at a healthy body fat percentage that we can maintain comfortably and feel good about how we look in the mirror. We are born to move with ease and grace. No one is "stuck" living in an obese body, many of you (not all) have put yourself there through a life of junk foods and little to no exercise/activity and must accept this. So the question now is ... what do you want to do?

It's all about what is right for you. Look at yourself and your life, ask yourself if you are 100% happy with your body. Can you accept the risks of being obese/overweight, are you prepared to live that life style and shorten your life span? If the answer is yes, then there is no need to change, you're obviously happy with what you have and the future you will live. But, if you're not happy, and you want get off your path of disease and pain. If you don't want to pass your unhealthy lifestyle on to future generations, and you want to start living your life to the fullest, then make the change! Get help, get active, get your nutrition on track and change your life!

Remember it's all a choice, it's all a decision, and remember we all have a birth right.

... If you enjoyed this post then please feel free to take a look at my blog at www.jungle-fit.blogspot.com or my YouTube Videos at www.youtube.com/JungleFit ... thanks for reading!