Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Greek God's yogurt.... page

chia is offline Senior Member

Greek God's yogurt....

Shop Now
    I don't do much dairy... the odd sprinkling of Feta cheese on an omelet...or salad...a bit of mozarella on a grass fed burger wrapped in a swiss chard leaf...YUMMIE.......maybe some cream in my coffee.....

However, I DO love LOVE the FULL fat Greek God's natural yogurt. It is 17 grams of fat for 3/4 cup and it literally tastes like cream cheese...especially when you mix it with a few blueberries..... it needs NO stevia whatsover although there is 5 grams of sugar in the yogurt. Remember, after a tough workout there is a window of opportunity for about an hour to eat slightly higher carbs if you wish since your body uses it to go right to the muscle cells to prep the body for more energy requirements.

I have these sort of carbs early day...always before noon...and the rest of the day is salads with meats and eggs....nuts...pieces of fabulous turkey meat as a filler too. maybe a spoon or two of coconut oil if I get extra hunger pangs.

Eating this way, I enjoy everything, stay super lean, have TONS of energy and feel satieted...it doesn't get any better than that!

Katt is offline Senior Member
    This is one of the brands that I like. Greek Gods and Fage. Fage has fewer carbs, though. Still very yummy.

chia is offline Senior Member
    I know.. it's like heaven on a spoon... ;-) Don't have all the exact brands here in British Columbia but will look for that one too. It's like $8 a carton but worth EVERY penny. When it comes to real, good, nutritous foods...just spend on it! crap food costs way more in the long run...it costs the pocketbook...the healthcare system...and the poor body....

RezH is offline Senior Member
    The texture of Greek yogurt is sublime, but the unflavored stuff tastes terrible. Maybe it's just the US brand (Stonyfield). I suppose you could add berries but then you are getting into 15-20 carbs a serving.

jeffy87 is offline Senior Member
    I use the full fat plain Greek Gods yogurt in my morning berry smoothies. It adds a little bit of smooth thickness to the smoothie.

livingprimal is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by chia View Post
    I know.. it's like heaven on a spoon... ;-) Don't have all the exact brands here in British Columbia but will look for that one too. It's like $8 a carton but worth EVERY penny. When it comes to real, good, nutritous foods...just spend on it! crap food costs way more in the long run...it costs the pocketbook...the healthcare system...and the poor body....
    +1 ---- Greek God's yogurt is AMAZING!!! A little goes along way, and so delicious with fresh berries!

Canarygirl is offline Senior Member
    + 2 on Greek God's plain yogurt.

StonyField doesn't count though...it is not strained/thick/mild like the true Greek yogurts.

Katt is offline Senior Member
    Nah, don't get Stonyfield. It doesn't have the right flavor or texture.

Mermaid is offline Member
    We get the full fat Fage when we can find it, or Trader Joe's brand. For a slightly carbish treat, try adding half a mashed banana, some coco powder, vanilla extract and maybe a little stevia to taste. Berries are optional. It's a bit like chocolate pudding! If you want it creamier, add a bit of heavy cream until you get the desired consistency. Yummy!
    Mermaid

waxleaves is offline Member
    Full-fat Fage is no more, correct? Thought I read that on here, and I've only been able to find 2%. I will try Greek Gods next. I love Fage so much.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast