Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fatloser's journal page

fatloser is offline Junior Member

Fatloser's journal

Primal Fuel
    Hi. I'm trying to get into shape. I've just turned 25 and am at nearly the worst level of fitness I've ever been at in my entire life. I promise to write more comprehensible sentences from now on.

About me: I graduated college, nearly went to law school, bailed on that idea at the last possible minute, and have been exiled to Southern Oregon as punishment. Oh well.

I lucked out and got an amazing job as an analyst for a place that now pays me a lot of money but I have to be there 40hrs/week. Currently, I am crashing with my aunt while I try to collect my first paychecks, and she cooks a lot of food, and food is my first love. Especially meat, starch and bread.

Vital Stats:

Height- 6'4" (just under)

Weight- 194, big tummy, it's where pizza goes.

Checking account- negative five dollars

Friends/women- no.

Last week I started taking my 'fat kid' lunch to work. Not a single carb in it. Lettuce, turkey, one whole avocado, boiled eggs, lots of water, cheese. A vegan's nightmare. I chomp that stuff down no problem, happy as a cow chewing cud.

Today I started exercising, but I made bad decisions before exercising. I ate Captain Crunch because it was delicious and it was there. Then I found some macaroni and cheese in a container in the fridge. I didn't know how old it was, but I ate it anyways.

So I went out and ran windsprints today. I wanted to do 8 but I could only do 4. I was dying. I was thinking I was going to eat that macaroni and cheese twice. Bleeugh. So I just walked the rest of the way.

Now my aunt is cooking pizza. I'm going to eat that, too. I've been up since 8:30am and have a bowl of peanut butter Captain Crunch, old macaroni and cheese, and now take n bake pizza.

So I've got a long way to go. I graduated college last year, returned home from Europe at a lean, lean 175lbs. I want to get back there, I don't fit in my size 30 pants anymore. I can't hardly run at all, this sucks. My little cousins want to play all the time but I can't because I'm too fat. Whoops.

So my fitness goals:

-- move out to my own place. I love my aunt, but her cooking has an agenda against me.

-- try to go three or four days with no carbs, then cheat a little.

-- run windsprints every day

-- move around more in general (my hobbies are all solitary and very still, such as reading, writing, thinking, plucking guitar, petting cat, etc).

Tomorrow I will update on my two daily goals for tomorrow, which are to not eat any carbs (like I did a few days last week) and run some windsprints after work (which I just started today).

Wish me luck!

fatloser

justpeachy is offline Member
    Goodluck FL! And welcome to the forums!

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Yes, good luck. Keep grokking along eating real food and moving your body and you will soon lose that fat and become fit enough to play with your cousins. Be glad you found out about primal at such a young age.

Neeleh is offline Senior Member
    Good luck! Eat clean and stay active. Enjoy your quiet activities too, they sound very calming
    Live in the sunshine, swim the sea, drink the wild air
    Ralph Waldo Emerson

Journal: Vibrant Life

Hi it's me again. Here's update:

Monday 4/14

Goals met: No carb'd. Exercised.

Goals failed: Could only run 4 wind sprints. Peed too much from drinking too much water.

So yesterday, Sunday, ended kind of weird. Yes, I did eat that pizza, and it was really good. But that night I actually did a three mile hike up a mountain, and then walked two miles flat across the top of the mountain-- this on top of the 4 wind sprints I did. I reckon I moved about 6 miles yesterday.

I did not expect to go up a mountain last night. I've been really sedentary lately, just working all day and then vegging out. I really liked hiking. But at work today, my hips and my legs and my butt were soooo stiff. It was funny to move around like that.

Today I ate no carbs. For lunch, I ate a box of grilled meat. For dinner, I ate avocado, cheese and meatballs (my aunt also made DELICIOUS bread but I didn't have any.

I think I've had about 100 oz of water today. One cup of black coffee. Peeing constantly, but I like drinking water.

Really tired, will go to bed in five to ten minutes, get about 10 hours of sleep. I don't know why, but I've always needed tons of sleep for some reason.

Tomorrow's goals-- no carbs, exercise again, maybe try for five windsprints (I won't be able to do it, I was DYING). It's omelette day at work, and they are delicious, and I can get TONS of meat and cheese in them, so carbs don't have a chance tomorrow...

but it's Wednesday I'm worried about...

fatloser

Everything went wrong. Oh, god, the bodies.

I worked in-field today. I got too far from my 'fat kid' lunch. There were donuts. I resisted them all morning. But come lunch time, the project manager ordered in, and my lunch pail was over 3/4 of a mile away from me.

There was diet coke. There were cookies. Oh, god, I can still hear the screaming, the orgiastic feeding. Senseless, so senseless.

I still managed to do my four windsprints tonight. It usually takes about 30minutes, walk, rest, sprint, repeat, and then walk a half mile home.

Today is a failure. I suspect tomorrow will be, too. I have to get my eating under control.

Even still, from the failed efforts and the little exercise, well... I am feeling better.

LindyCG is online now Member
    Aw, at least you got some exercise so it's not a complete failure. Besides, it's best not to waste guilt on food - that'll just make you more neurotic about eating in the long run.

Maybe you need to pack a tastier lunch so that you'd want to go get it rather than eat junk?

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fatloser View Post
    I actually did a three mile hike up a mountain, and then walked two miles flat across the top of the mountain-- this on top of the 4 wind sprints I did. I reckon I moved about 6 miles yesterday.

I did not expect to go up a mountain last night. I've been really sedentary lately, just working all day and then vegging out. I really liked hiking. But at work today, my hips and my legs and my butt were soooo stiff. It was funny to move around like that.
    impromptu hiking - Fatloser that's great stuff! Glad you had a good time, the soreness will wear off and then you will realise it was so worth it. Good luck with your goals, keep it up

Hi everybody. It's me, fatloser.

Well, yesterday went off the rails. I didn't even exercise thanks to a pretty debilitating case of diarrhea. You might say I was windsprinting to the bathroom. Better today.

Goals for Thursday 4/17

-- Don't eat any carbs.
    -- Drink lots of water.
    -- Run 4 windsprints after work.

That shouldn't be so difficult, it's just a tiny little list. Don't eat that, run over there, etc, etc.

Mr. Anthony is online now Senior Member
    Why are you hung up on "not eating any carbs"? That's not really how primal is set up to be, and might be contributing to going off the rails.

Sent via lightsaber

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast