Thread: Craving fruit - help! page

SpiritWarrior is offline Member

Craving fruit - help!

Primal Fuel
    Hi,
    I'm trying to stay under 50g of carbs and shift my excess BF. Prior to going primal I ate a lot of fresh fruit / fruit yoghurts each day and finding not eating them hard going at times.

Can anyone recommend anything?

Thanks

Beauty is offline Senior Member
    I hear yah! I had a very hard time cutting them out at first. It even brought me to tears at one point! Now, instead, I eat coconut cream, since it is sweet yet low in carbs. I eat just as much as I need to feel satisfied. You really only need a little bit. I keep it in the fridge to stay thick then add some vanilla bean powder or cocoa powder or both. It's like a pudding. I've found that it wakes me up a little and gives me some energy too.

Hope that helps!

Egoldstein is offline Senior Member
    Go for low carb fruits (that most people think are vegetables) like tomatoes and avocados. And have raw red pepper strips, cucumber slices, sugar snap peas instead of fruit. This was a big shift for me,and I still have fruit everyday, but now only after lunch or dinner and a serving is like 2 strawberries or 1/4 of an apple. Also, put lemon slices in your water.

Thanks for the great ideas I will try the cream and the veggies

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member
    I agree with Egoldstein that if you want to eat fruit, you should, but just decrease your portions and/or frequency.

mikebike is offline Senior Member
    I dunno, I stick with low sugar fruit like strawberries. At least ones I'm getting don't have much sugar in them. Much more tart then sweet.

Marisa is offline Senior Member
    I picked a bunch of strawberries (11 pounds!) on Sunday and made some popsicles (10 total, poured into empty plastic Jell-o cups) with 1 cup mashed strawberries and a can of coconut milk. I've done it before with raspberries and find it makes a great treat that satisfies those sugar cravings. Plus they've got 5g of sugar each. (edit - DailyPlate tells me it's only 2.5g)

I find a food scale helps me control my sugary fruit portions as well. I just measure them out before I sit down to eat them or put it in a baggie to take with me.
    Last edited by Marisa; 06-29-2010 at 12:58 PM.

JeanPatrick is offline Senior Member
    Try the tips i included in this article : A few tips for sugar cravings

Obviously, the peaches tip here would not apply but, the other two tips might work good.
    Living the hard way has never been so easy!
    My paleo website : www.primaljournal.com

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Thanks all. I tend to prefer tart fruits anyway. usually its cherry yoghurt and blueberries with occasional mango if i could get it unripe enough