Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Your doctor STRONGLY suspects a brain tumor. Immediate actions? page 3

endless is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I would immediately source and begin treating myself with therapeutic doses of cannabis oil or 'phoenix tears' as it's also known. Check the website Phoenix Tears | Rick Simpson andhttp://patients4medicalmarijuana.wor...-cannabis-oil/ for more info.
    Last edited by endless; 04-12-2014 at 11:31 PM.

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GoJenGo View Post
    Thanks again to all for the responses and suggestions. Much appreciated.

Gwamma, I'm so sorry to hear about your hubby! That does not sound pleasant at all. I'll keep you both in my prayers. Hang in there....
    Jen - you are a wee honey, however it is you that we are all crossing our fingers for - at this very moment !!!!!!
    G x
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

oliviascotland is offline Senior Member
    No advice, but all good thoughts, hopes and wishes!

Boundless is offline Junior Member

Post Attia, D'agostino, Seyfried

re: eatingacademy.com

Perhaps the key quote from Dr. Attia, and an indication of where that series might go (if there is a Part 3), is at:
    Is there a way to exploit the metabolic quirk of cancer? (comment 39004)
    "... I, too, believe that KD in its strictest form (calorie restricted with exogenous ketones keeping K/G > 1), plus other modalities such as hyperbaric O2 and select chemo might be the ultimate strategy, but this my speculative opinion based on biologic intuition and animal data."

What does all this mean?

"calorie restricted" - Although tumors thrive on glucose:
    1. we can't drive BG to zero, and even if we could
    2. tumors can also get by on glutamine.

At present, only calorie restriction seems to control glutamine. See "Cancer as a Metabolic Disease" (Seyfried) for more.

"exogenous ketones keeping K/G > 1"
    Getting ketosis into potentially theraputic territory means getting ketone body blood levels higher than glucose. This can be tough to do. As Seyfried reported on one of his student volunteers, just drinking black coffee prevented reaching theraputic levels.

So what's an "exogenous ketone"? It's an actual ketone body or ketone precursor, consumed as food. Attia has mentioned elsewhere that he expects some such products to reach market in 2014. One of them might be available already, Patrick Arnold's "KetoForce" (which appears to have been forumulated for Dr. D'agostino's experiments). Arnold just put up an interesting blog post on D'agostino's ketone supplement experiment yesterday.

"hyperbaric O2" - is not just for Michael Jackson anymore. On the metabolic (Warburg) theory of cancer, tumor cells run on fermentation, not OxPhos, and they do not want oxygen. So give them a lot. Dr. D'agostino is also exploring this approach.

"select chemo" - All of the above may be enough to arrest or even shrink tumors, but may not kill them all. There may still be role for chemo. The trick is avoid new mitochondrial damage, which on the metabolic theory, is what causes cancer (the resulting genetic chaos is just a consequence). This implies that it's very important to be working with an open-minded oncologist who:
    1. admits that the Standard of Care for cancer makes patients miserable, broke, and rarely extends life by much, and
    2. is willing to work with you on monitoring the tumors and trying reduce-dosage chemo.

The neat thing about R-KD and exogenous ketones is that people can choose to implement this on their own. For anyone declining rad or chemo (and many make this choice), a dietary approach is certainly worth a look.
    Last edited by Boundless; 04-13-2014 at 09:50 AM.

BanTam is offline Junior Member
    In December 2002, on my husbands birthday, I was told I had endometrial cancer. It was in the early stages, so it was "cured" with a hysterectomy....

My first reaction, after the initial meltdown, was to stop eating altogether. It was a shock. I lost 20 pounds in two weeks, but my symptoms actually got better...even so, I still had cancer.

MudLily is offline Senior Member
    I would make an appointment to see my parish priest, and get the Sacrament of the Anointing of the Sick, and Confession. I would also try to put all my financial and legal affairs in order, and spend as much time as possible with friends and family. And of course, follow up with all the medical stuff. If I was definitely going to die from it I might even plan my funeral.

Ron_Swanson is offline Senior Member
    Here is what I would do:

1. Ketogenic Diet
    2. Hemp Oil (Rick Simpson)
    3. Liposomial Vitamin C
    4. Look Into A Royal Rife Machine
    My book Fix Your Gut is available on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Fix-Your-Gut-D...s=fix+your+gut. The book price is $7.99.

I also offer coaching: http://fixyourgut.com/fixyourgut-coaching/.

www.fixyourgut.com
    Twitter: @fixyourgutjb

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    The various cannibis treatments are showing really good results. So perhaps looking into Colorado.

Bifcus is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    When it happened to me (different C) I researched voraciously. I studied how that particular type of cancer was diagnosed, symptoms, related conditions, progression, progression markers. I went into as much underlying theory as I could make sense of. I got the doctor to give me copies of my blood test results, in full. Nowadays she encourages me to get the lab to just send me a copy when they send them to her, so I know what is going before my visit. I found the forums, support groups and research projects for the relevant condition. There were still huge gaps in my knowledge, but at least I was much better informed.

This made it easier to have discussions with the doc - for example, I could ask how she determined it was condition x and not condition y, and understand the answer. It also directed my mind in a more positive direction. There was no way I could 'not think about it', so this directed my thoughts in a positive direction. It reduced the fear enormously. I told friends who would be supportive, but not family who would weigh me down with their worry.

For diet and exercise, I paid more attention to patient forums and blogs for my particular condition. I found that some supplements etc that were often recommended for C were contra-indicated for my condition. Others were much more important. That is where understanding the specific condition comes into play.

All the primal blueprint stuff is just looking after the 'terroir' as per David Servan-Schreiber in his book 'anti cancer, a new way of life'. Best wishes.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123