Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: MMA :cool: page

PrimalMarduk is offline Senior Member

MMA :cool:

Primal Fuel
    Anyone here do any mixed martial arts? I just joined a MMA gym a few weeks back. I have a decent background in wrestling and ive done a little boxing in the past but the jujitsu and kicks are all new to me.

Just curious if anyone else does any training and if so how long and what's your diet look like.

I dont have any intentions of training for an actual fight at the moment I'd have to lose some more weight and get in much better shape before I consider that. I love the workouts and sparring so far though

RichMahogany is offline Senior Member
    Yup. I fought in the cage 4 times, although I train pretty exclusively in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu and do just enough pad work to try to be able to avoid getting hit long enough to clinch (uh oh, now you know my secret strategy!).

I made weight for the fights by eating a HFLC version of Primal, with IF. Lots of dairy for me, because I tolerate it well, Fatty meats, eggs, leafy green veg, occasional sweet potato.

Now, I'm training for a powerlifting meet, and am alternating between HFLC days and LFHC days, but I still get to the Jiu Jitsu Academy 3-4x/week. I feel awesome, am quite lean (10%ish body fat), and keep setting PR's with the barbell while making my training partners' lives more miserable.

I'm not even that young. I'm 32.
    The Champagne of Beards

Nice Im 28 and im not sure of my exact body fat but its high lol. I lost about 40 lbs doing HFLC but now I've stalled cause my cravings for non primal foods still have a grip on me.

Trying to get to a good spot diet wise so I can still work out 3-4 times a week and not feel deprived. Tried upping my carbs with sweet potatos and a little more fruit but it hasnt stopped the cravings completely I think I just need more will power

Hey Rich do you lift on the same days you do jiu jitsu?

RichMahogany is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PrimalMarduk View Post
    Hey Rich do you lift on the same days you do jiu jitsu?
    No, I have a job. But if I could, I would, and I'd do the heavy lifting first, trying to finish 1-several hours before Jits training.
    The Champagne of Beards

Yeah man, well not MMA any more, started training years ago, but preceded to strike, so now I'm devout k1 guy haha, competing is scary I advise against rushing into it my friend
    Dean,
    UK

Sent from my ME173X using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app
    We are all on different paths to the same destination

WeldingHank is offline Senior Member
    I pretty much use carb backloading on training days. I take Krav Maga 3-5 times a weeks, and lift twice.

Thx for the tips yea Ive been eating more carbs on my training days too and im noticing a difference. So far so good and yea Dean im only sparring at the moment lol. I have no intentions of getting myself killed just yet

Aha jolly good:-) but yeah there is not a sport more primal than hand to hand combat, best of luck with training, it will definitely enhance your life, it has mine....
    And not just with physical fitness and ability but spiritually also...anyway you can tell I enjoy it haha ill stop before I write a full on love sonnet about it

Sent from my ME173X using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app
    We are all on different paths to the same destination

Quote Originally Posted by WeldingHank View Post
    I pretty much use carb backloading on training days. I take Krav Maga 3-5 times a weeks, and lift twice.
    What is krav maga?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast