Hi,

Just wanted to introduce myself to the forum. My name is Sam, I am 34, have three young kids (5.5, almost 4 and 2.5) and reside in MD.

I tried Paleo about 6 months ago, but found it too restrictive and have been looking for another form of healthy eating since then. I need a low carb diet because I have IR, thyroid issues and recently discovered I carry the DQ2 gene for Celiac. While I don't yet have celiac disease, I definitely have an intolerance to gluten and do not want to risk something in my diet triggering Celiac down the line.

My baby was also very Fe deficient and very ill last year (and through part of this year), and while we have been able to raise her iron levels with intense supplementation, we still don't know the cause and are trying to figure it out.

Anyway, a friend turned me onto MDA and I bought the PB and love the philosophy behind the book. I am trying to implement a primal way of living in my home and doing it slowly. I am the one sabotaging myself all the time and trying to figure out wth is up with that.

Anyway, I hope to find the inspiration I need to really do this on the forum, and to be able to offer inspiration to others struggling with the journey once I have it figured out.

If you got this far, thanks for reading.

Sam