Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: minimalist shoes page

cookie is offline Senior Member

minimalist shoes

hey people, in particular, ladies.
    i'm looking for some suggestions on a nice looking boot or shoe that is semi-soft soled, minimalist. i am hoping to find something that i can wear with nicer casual clothes. i don't want to go total toe-shoe or athletic shoe because i need to look "nice" for work... sometimes.
    i don't want to spend more than 150$. online i find many repeats of the same brand (vivo barefoot) which is all well and good, but i want options!

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    I love these and these and have no idea if they count as actually minimalist.
    Last edited by zoebird; 04-10-2014 at 03:00 PM.

kathleen is offline Senior Member
    My go-to work-appropriate minimalist shoe is the ballerina:

Amazon.com: ballet flat - Flats / Women: Shoes

Just look at all the options... I have black ones, white ones, red ones, pink ones, brown ones. Very comfy. They go great with skirts, dresses or "skinny" slacks. Also good with capris. They can go formal or do well in casual wear.

You can get the actual ones for ballerinas at dance stores for like $20, they are made of leather and there's nothing to 'em. But you could pretty easily find a 'floppy' ballerina style shoe at any shoe retailer.
    Stumbled into Primal due to food allergies, and subsequent elimination of non-primal foods.

Start Gluten-Free/Soy-Free: December 2012; start weight 158lbs, Ladies size 6
    Start Primal: March 2013, start weight 150lbs, Ladies size 6
    Current: 132lbs, Ladies size 2
    F/23/5'9"

26lbs lost since cutting the crap.

Huarache Gal is offline Senior Member
    Vivobarefoot Mary Janes

http://www.amazon.com/Vivobarefoot-W.../dp/B005SP49K4

Lems:

Womens Sweet Jane Black

SoftStar has Mary Janes and ballerina styles

Soft Star Minimalist Adult Shoes - Running Shoes, Dress Shoes and Everyday Shoes | Soft Star Shoes

Merrells

Women

You can find some good deals on Left Lane Sports and The Clymb on Vivobarefoot. I usually wear Vivobarefoot Mary Janes.

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    The Lems are really nice. I have a pair. So comfy. Casual style. Doesn't look like athletic wear.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    I can squat 180lbs, press 72.5lbs and deadlift 185lbs

Lynna is offline Senior Member
    Women

You have to scroll down to see the "dressier" shoes.

lemontwisst is offline Senior Member
    I have two pairs of the Merrels - the Wonder Glove in Black and the wool Bliss Glove which are dressier but apparently discontinued.
    The Glimmer Glove or Wish Glove look to be cute options, too.

noodletoy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by zoebird View Post
    I love these and these and have no idea if they count as actually minimalist.
    really depends what the op does for work, i think? those would certainly not be appropriate for me in my job.

i do wear ballerina style flats quite a lot as well as "driving mocs" -- with skinny pants.

Vince Camuto Pinna - Hot Coral/Orange Coral True Suede - FREE Shipping & Returns | Shoebuy.com

sadly, most days i wear heels.
    As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

Ernest Hemingway

Ariel C. McGlothin is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cookie View Post
    hey people, in particular, ladies.
    i'm looking for some suggestions on a nice looking boot or shoe that is semi-soft soled, minimalist. i am hoping to find something that i can wear with nicer casual clothes. i don't want to go total toe-shoe or athletic shoe because i need to look "nice" for work... sometimes.
    i don't want to spend more than 150$. online i find many repeats of the same brand (vivo barefoot) which is all well and good, but i want options!
    I've wanted to try RunAmoc's but haven't bought a pair yet. I have made several mocs myself though. They are cheep and pretty easy if you like doing things with your hands.

I use Vivo's shoes for hiking, but not dressier things.

I also wear home made chaco like sandals using Zero Shoes soles much of the time. I wait tables and am allowed to wear them to work. I usually wear them with dresses and have been complimented on them several times, including the couple that asked where they could buy a pair. I don't know if sandals are an option for you or not, but they are my favorite until it's snowing too much to wear them.
    ~Ariel

http://arielcsblog.blogspot.com/

"To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead." - Thomas Paine

paleosue is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I've had really good luck finding ballet flats at Payless. No arch "support," with a heel or no rise or only a couple of millimeters.

If you're allowed, in spring and summer there are many sandals that are flat and quite nice to wear.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast