Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Raw milk. page

Alexb is offline Banned

Raw milk.

If you had unlimited access to free raw milk straight from the cow would you drink it?

Not pasteurized, no antibiotics or any other drugs, just good old fashion milk.

The reason i ask is because my parents own a dairy farm and we milk about 100 cows so i could have as much milk as i could drink pretty much whenever i want.

My only concern with this is acne, i don't really have it now but it has been a problem in the past. i have done a few cycles of steroids with my last one being about 3 months ago and i THINK that is what was giving me the acne so now i am ready to go back to drinking milk because i just love it too much to pass it up, especially when it it (in its raw state) such a great source of nutrients and protein.

I know it would be great for bodybuilding and since i do that i am very tempted to go back to drinking it. I know it isn't primal but its got to be better for you than all the refined carbs and other crap i could be eating.

I'm done with steroids btw, just not worth it for me.

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member
    When I was a kid- about 4 years old- my parents both were without jobs. My dad was laid off and my mom was pregnant. They foraged, hunted, and the farm down the road had Scottish Highland cows (they still do.) A couple of the cows had calves and the farmer told my dad he could have some of the milk. I remember going to the farm with my dad and trying milk right from the cow. My mom would make butter- or more appropriately would make my older siblings make butter. It was so warm, rich and good.

I have access to raw goat milk now from an Amish farm. I don't really drink milk at all, but I make cheese from it sometimes. I generally limit my dairy to butter and cheese, and the occasional heavy cream. A taste of raw milk is wonderful from time to time though.

If you like it, and your body tolerates it, go ahead. That's my 2 cents.

Mike Alzen is offline Senior Member
    It's an incredible tool for building mass if that's what you're trying to do.

If it suits your goals, and your body doesn't have any problems with it, go for it.

Acne is a sign of systemic inflammation if I remember correctly, so if you start noticing that then your body doesn't handle it well and I would remove it personally, but that's a judgment call.

Katie82 is offline Senior Member
    Well, I would definitely use it in place of supermarket milk. I would make butter and yogurt, cream cheese... that is really cool that you have access to all that milk. If I had no weight to lose and I actually liked milk then yes I would drink it. I wouldn't drink a ton of it but if milk doesn't affect you in any way then why not?

Grol is offline Senior Member
    Fresh raw colostrum. Fresh raw cream. Ta heck with the raw milk, which is wonderful, btw.

rphlslv is offline Senior Member
    Heck yes. Squats and milk! The only thing keeping me from drinking it the pasteurization/homogenization crap.

Oh, I should add, it's not an ideal food for health though.
    .`.><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>
    ><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>

Alexb is offline Banned
    Ya it sure is great for putting on mass. 1 large glass is like 20 grams of complete protein and 300 calories, i can down that in less than 30 seconds lol

Why isn't it an ideal food for health?

Monstre is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexb View Post
    Why isn't it an ideal food for health?
    I'm curious about this as well

rphlslv is offline Senior Member
    Because it's dairy? Food for baby cows...
    .`.><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>
    ><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>

Alexb is offline Banned
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Well ok its not meant specifically for us to drink, its not as ideal as breast milk from a human but its better than a lot of other stuff that people are calling "healthy".

had 3L yesterday and 2.5L so far today, getting a little bit of acne in some very strange places (like my hip and under my pec lol wtf) but that might be from the binge drinking and smoking or from jerking off 2x in one day last weekend (well actually 1 wet dream and jerked off once)

Gonna keep going unless i see a major breakout but i don't think that will be the case.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast