Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Clafouti Pizza page

Spinner is offline Senior Member

Clafouti Pizza

Shop Now
    I was going to respond to the Unintentional Discoveries thread, but I thought I would just post this here, so it is easier to find.

What I did was, I used the recipe for the Chicken Curry Clafouti that was posted on the blog. I had made the curry version in a 9x13 pan, and while good, I thought it was a bit thin. So, when I made the pizza, I multiplied the recipe by 1.5--so 9 eggs instead of 6, 9 T butter instead of 6... you get the idea, and I used coconut milk. I also used the 9x13 pan again.

So, to the clafouti mix, I added 1 lb of ground mild italian sausage that I had browned and cooled. Thinking maybe next time I will try the spicy version. I poured that into my pan and baked it at 400 for 30 minutes. While it was baking, I sauteed up some sliced crimini mushrooms, bell pepper slices, and a bit of white onion. I also used Classico Garlic and Basil sauce, since it has no sugar or HFCS in it, and has olive oil in it.

After 30 mnutes, I took it out and spread my tomato sauce over the top, with in an inch or so of the edge. Piled on the toppings, and sprinkled with cheese. Popped it back into the oven for about 15 minutes and then let it cool for 15 minutes after. It really helped with the clafouti setting up the rest of the way. And I cut it into 8 pieces.

We had a piece each for dinner, hubby had a piece for breakfast, a piece at lunch and we finished up what was left for dinner the next night. We ate the left overs cold--cooked egg never seems to warm up right for me--and it was so awesome! Hubby said it held together really well to eating out of hand. I also found it to be a light custardy treat, almost like it had been lightened with whipping cream. This is going on our menu for sure.

Give it a whirl and I hope you like it as much as we did!
    Last edited by Spinner; 06-28-2010 at 04:01 PM.
    Every day is another stitch in the quilt of life.
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    Re-Start date 6/23/2011
    me--Post pregnancy --mama to a beautiful baby boy--
    273.4/269.3/115
    Hubby--230/227.8/165

Rivvin is offline Senior Member
    Thankyou for posting this, I will be trying it this weekend.

I have really enjoyed making Meatzas, but I've not found any other crusts I actually enjoyed.

Angieh is offline Senior Member
    Thank you, Spinner! Just getting ready to copy and paste to my recipe folder. I will definitely be trying this.

PrincessGrok is offline Senior Member
    Now if that don't just satisfy a pizza craving then I don't know what else will ! That looks delicious and I can't wait to try it!

Thanks!

Nick Reardon is offline Junior Member
    I made clafouti today with Italian sausage, black olives, jalapeno, onion, and some cheese. It was great! Did you happen to snap any photos of your pizza creation? I'd love to see it.

scubasam is offline Senior Member
    What is a meatza? Off to search for the clafouti recipe...

Sassy is offline Senior Member
    Holy crap...this is BRILLIANT!! You've opened up whole new avenues of clafouti ideas for me. Thanks so much for sharing!
    Sassy: Revised - my primal log

PrimalNavyWife is offline Junior Member
    This sounds amazing!!! We'll definitely be trying it this week--thank you so much for sharing!!

Bostonbully is offline Senior Member
    Dinner tonight but with itallian sausage instead of ground beef. Thanks alot!
    "Live Free or Die"

jennf is offline Senior Member
    This is on my list for next week. Hubby will be so pleased - he's craving pizza!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast