Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 5 Reasons Bodyweight Training Is The Best! page 3

Al_Kavadlo is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by RichMahogany View Post
    Great post, Al. I can sign on to all of that. And next time I have access to a set-up that allows it, I'll try a back lever and let you know how it goes!
    Awesome! For the sake of science, you owe it to the primal community to try a back lever! Keep us posted!
    "In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they couldn't be more different."

"You can have anything you want, but you can't have everything you want."

My blog: http://www.AlKavadlo.com

OldSchhool is offline Senior Member
    I wonder how well developed a person could become just from using Isometrics ?

Gorbag is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSchhool View Post
    I wonder how well developed a person could become just from using Isometrics ?
    Maybe somebody should try testing it out, but who will ever bother train isometrics only and nothing else? Not me, that’s for sure…
    Whoever fights trolls should see to it that in the process he does not become a troll - for when you gaze long enough into the computer screen, the computer screen will gaze back into you!
    - Gorbag Nietzsche

Mr. Anthony is online now Senior Member
    I deadlift heavy and do back levers and other stuff.

Sent via lightsaber

WaylandC is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RichMahogany View Post
    What do you progress to once you've mastered the pistol squat?
    Pistol squat-box jump?

Lockstock is offline Senior Member
    I think an all around approach to strength and fitness is appropriate.

Barbell training is without a doubt the best way to achieve basic all round strength, but body-weight stuff has it uses.
    For me, body weight circuits are a killer and burn me out after a set, so there awesome for conditioning.

As for strength, as Rich has said, there really isn't a bodyweight equivalent to a 300lb squat, but in saying that, is a 300lb squat the same as a perfect pistol squat with a kettle bell in hand? Id argue the latter has a lot of balance and co-ordination issues involved for it to be a perfect rep and therefore isn't just about "how much can you lift" but how much stability and balance and flexibility you have.

In any case, neither is better. It depends on ones goals and how much you wanna put into it.
    Me? I love pull-ups and pushups and pull-ups is about as far as I go in the body weight department, but that's because I have different goals.

DennyB is online now Senior Member
    Rich just curious, can you do a platform pistol, or a pistol rollup?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

RolandasPT4U is offline Junior Member
    Generally speaking, all exercises are particular body movements. Say, squat can be done using just your own body weight and for some it will be exactly the right effort to get a brilliant workout. Whereas advanced trainees will need extra resistance to put enough stress on his/her muscles (especially on strength training lower reps), therefore a barbell or other resistance equipment will be needed.
    So using own body weight for resistance training is just one of many ways to get resistance. For some - the best, for others - not.

Gorbag is offline Senior Member
    When I was in my early teens the coaches would not even allow us to enter the weight room before we had reached a decent level of body weight strength first! Not a bad rule makes the weight rooms less crowded as well…
    Whoever fights trolls should see to it that in the process he does not become a troll - for when you gaze long enough into the computer screen, the computer screen will gaze back into you!
    - Gorbag Nietzsche

Stacy15 is offline Senior Member
    RolandusPT4U welcome to MDA. The guys usually post lots of pics of themselves. Feel free to join in.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast