Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A little over 1 year page

OneBigDude is offline Member

A little over 1 year

Well, last year I hopped on the Paleo/Primal bandwagon on April 1, 2013. At the time, the scale wouldn't register me. After 2 weeks, it finally weighed me at 350 lbs. I knew it must be working since the scale finally registered. The first few months went great. I was dropping weight by following the Blue Print and lifting weights and bike riding. September came around and I had 2 bachelor parties, then 3 weddings in October. Eating didn't go so well (according to my new found health knowledge). My diet stayed healthier than it had been prior to primal though. Pretty much just maintained through Christmas and New Years, then got back on board New Year's Day. On April 1, 2014 I had my 1 year primal anniversary. I'm down around 260 and I would assume I'm right around 100-105 lbs lost in the year. I wish I had been able to find a scale to measure me when I started. I love the primal lifestyle and have noticed how much happier and healthier I feel when I stick to the Blue Print and avoid CW. My goal for the upcoming year is to get to 200, but I honestly believe that by sticking to the plan I could be around 180-190 by this time next year. It's hard to believe how well this works. When I was in 8th grade, 12-13 years ago, I wrestled in the heavy weight division that was capped at 230 lbs. I struggled to make weight every week and resorted to starving myself for days before matches. Thinking that I could possibly weigh less this year than I did during an excruciating time period of starvation and chronic exercise while eating so much, blows my mind. I will be posting my before and during pictures before too long!

Swick is offline Junior Member
    Awesome story! Congrats.

fishingirl is offline Member
    Awesome! Congrats!!

Goldie is online now Senior Member
    Can't wait to see the pictures!

JebsMomPgh is offline Member
    Congrats on your achievement!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

June68 is offline Senior Member
    Way to go! Great dedication and approach.
    5' 9" 44 YO F
    PB start June 2, 2012
    Pre PB SW = 180 (no scale at home, Mom's scale January - 153lbs!)

PB Journal

OneBigDude is offline Member
    Thanks everyone. I'm super proud of where I am, but a little disappointed that I stalled out towards the end of last year. Winters are tough up here in NE Ohio. Winter is cold and we get tons of snow. It was a major feat to just maintain the weight lost, while being shut inside all winter. Weather has finally turned to spring around here and I'm dying to get the bike out again. Once I'm able to be outside and moving again, the weight should start falling off quickly. I'm thinking of starting a Whole 30 at the beginning of May just to get a good jump at being back to 100% primal again. Tough to break the habits that I developed when I slacked off. For some reason, around December, I got a sweet tooth for soda (mountain dew). Tough to break it, but my before pictures from last April are a good motivator.

justpeachy is offline Member
    Wow! What an accomplishment. Be very, very proud.

Don't worry about the lost months just note it and work on developing strategies to prevent a repeat next winter.

Thanks for sharing your story!

JebsMomPgh is offline Member
    I'm in pittsburgh-- this winter was indeed brutal. I just started my walking program and being outside is great. Keep moving forward!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

womenainis is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Way to go! Great dedication and approach.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast