Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dr. Oz sending bad messages? page

Barnyard is offline Senior Member

Dr. Oz sending bad messages?

Primal Fuel
    Just read an article in Monday paper by Dr. Oz and Dr. Mike Roizen, stating that 'saturated fat makes you fatter', and the following final paragraph......eating only non-fat dairy, avoiding all red meat, sticking with lean, skinless poultry and fish, cooking with mono- and POLYUNSATURATED VEGETABLE OILS, and eating a handful of walnuts or almonds a day. They also state that saturated fat you eat adds fat to your liver and abdomen...unsaturated fat helps build muscle. Sheesh! These are people that the American public listens to and trusts!
    The life I have today is far better than I deserve.......

M, 56, 6'0
    SW - 192
    CW - 175
    GW - 165-170

Current addiction: ice cream (and sugar in general).....doing battle with it!

Artbuc is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Barnyard View Post
    Just read an article in Monday paper by Dr. Oz and Dr. Mike Roizen, stating that 'saturated fat makes you fatter', and the following final paragraph......eating only non-fat dairy, avoiding all red meat, sticking with lean, skinless poultry and fish, cooking with mono- and POLYUNSATURATED VEGETABLE OILS, and eating a handful of walnuts or almonds a day. They also state that saturated fat you eat adds fat to your liver and abdomen...unsaturated fat helps build muscle. Sheesh! These are people that the American public listens to and trusts!
    Dr Oz is all over the place. His main objective is marketing his brand and sellng advertising.

Silvergirl is offline Senior Member
    It all depends on who he has on his show at the time. If it was Mark he would be advocating Primal. Guess it works like a paid advertisement.
    Starting Primal June 2012 at 148.5lbs, goal weight in November 2012.
    Now 95lbs and holding.
    Primal, minus eggs, dairy and a myriad of other allergens.

noodletoy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Barnyard View Post
    Just read an article in Monday paper by Dr. Oz
    in the future, you can stop right there. he's nothing more than a paid shill.
    As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

Ernest Hemingway

edennperez1 is online now Senior Member
    And he doesn't look healthy at all!! He's too skinny and his skin is so pallid and drawn. I wouldn't want to eat like him it it resulted in looking like him. Just sayin...

Neeleh is offline Senior Member
    I spent some time on a vegan board where members were equally aghast at his wavering allegiances.
    Live in the sunshine, swim the sea, drink the wild air
    Ralph Waldo Emerson

Journal: Vibrant Life

EagleRiverDee is offline Senior Member
    I take anything Oz says with skepticism.

The reality is he's a practicing heart surgeon, and he has been involved in some good charitable work. But the reality also is that he's a complete sell-out that will put ANYTHING on his program. Not everything he says is crap- I've seen him host exercise gurus like Tony Horton and he's had some of the big names in Paleo on his show. But he'll also turn around and do a show on miracle weight loss supplements, which I think is just a terrible thing to do. I think when you've got the reach he has, he has a responsibility to not broadcast dangerous crap and scams.
    High Weight: 225
    Weight at start of Primal: 189
    Current Weight: 174
    Goal Weight: 130

Primal Start Date: 11/26/2012

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    Never question the all powerful Oz!

Barnyard is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by EagleRiverDee View Post
    I take anything Oz says with skepticism.

The reality is he's a practicing heart surgeon, and he has been involved in some good charitable work. But the reality also is that he's a complete sell-out that will put ANYTHING on his program. Not everything he says is crap- I've seen him host exercise gurus like Tony Horton and he's had some of the big names in Paleo on his show. But he'll also turn around and do a show on miracle weight loss supplements, which I think is just a terrible thing to do. I think when you've got the reach he has, he has a responsibility to not broadcast dangerous crap and scams.
    This! Exactly! It really bothers me that someone with that kind of influence puts stuff like that out there.....
    The life I have today is far better than I deserve.......

M, 56, 6'0
    SW - 192
    CW - 175
    GW - 165-170

Current addiction: ice cream (and sugar in general).....doing battle with it!

tomi is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Artbuc View Post
    Dr Oz is all over the place. His main objective is marketing his brand and sellng advertising.
    ^this. and I might add............ he's an idiot. A quack!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Things I choose to let go:

All grains - including rice
    Refined sugars
    Legumes - including peanut butter
    Nuts and nut butters
    Alcohol and soda
    Chocolate
    Acidic foods, such as pineapple and tomato
    Coffee and tea
    Eggs
    Curry
    White potato
    Dairy - including butter

I'm choosing to do this......... I don't HAVE to.

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast