Page 30 of 32 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 LastLast

Thread: This Forum Has Changed A Lot page 30

Tom B-D is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Thanks for that thought, Drumroll, I HAVE been letting the kids drink bagged teas...what a lousy dad...so I'll break out the loose leaf for them tomorrow. And Maybe I shouldn't worry about the caffeine.

I joked in the other tea thread about the book...but seriously, do you blog on tea or anything?

Ok, back to the mud slinging, y'all!
    ;-)

Drumroll is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom B-D View Post
    Thanks for that thought, Drumroll, I HAVE been letting the kids drink bagged teas...what a lousy dad...so I'll break out the loose leaf for them tomorrow. And Maybe I shouldn't worry about the caffeine.

I joked in the other tea thread about the book...but seriously, do you blog on tea or anything?

Ok, back to the mud slinging, y'all!
    ;-)
    Nah, no tea blog. But maybe I should make one? Heh.

I seem to be the resident expert on tea/mate around here at least.
    "The cling and a clang is the metal in my head when I walk. I hear a sort of, this tinging noise - cling clang. The cling clang. So many things happen while walking. The metal in my head clangs and clings as I walk - freaks my balance out. So the natural thought is just clogged up. Totally clogged up. So we need to unplug these dams, and make the the natural flow... It sort of freaks me out. We need to unplug the dams. You cannot stop the natural flow of thought with a cling and a clang..."

MEversbergII is offline Senior Member
    Dunno, I am the guy with the cha logogram for an avatar...

Are you active over at TeaChat at all?

M.

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    My nephew went into the Marines. He signed up at age 17. I can't believe they let you make decisions like that at that age. At first it seemed like a really good thing for him. He looked so handsome after basic training, too. Then he went to Iraq. He came back pretty unhappy and messed up. It seemed like maybe he was ruined. But he turned around after getting some help and now he seems so happy and he's even going to college so he can become a counselor and help other Marines who come home with PTSD.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 180 x 2. Current Deadlift: 230 x 2

RittenRemedy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    My nephew went into the Marines. He signed up at age 17. I can't believe they let you make decisions like that at that age. At first it seemed like a really good thing for him. He looked so handsome after basic training, too. Then he went to Iraq. He came back pretty unhappy and messed up. It seemed like maybe he was ruined. But he turned around after getting some help and now he seems so happy and he's even going to college so he can become a counselor and help other Marines who come home with PTSD.
    That's absolutely awesome for him to do that. And good he picked himself back up. The military can be an awesome experience and terribly destructive, and usually it's both it seems. I swear more and more of the best people leave each time it comes for reenlistment at least in my field. Some of the smartest, most capable people I've worked with have only stayed in for 4-6 years or are on their 5/6 and ready to get out but still going strong for the rest of us. They're great people no matter how much I complain about everyone else.

Drumroll is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MEversbergII View Post
    Dunno, I am the guy with the cha logogram for an avatar...

Are you active over at TeaChat at all?

M.
    No I am not. Though, I have lurked there a few times.

I'm sure I could easily and quickly become one of their respected "tea experts" if I wanted to be.

Or would they call me a blasphemer for trying the "yerba mate" thing (and loving it)?

[/InternetFame]
    "The cling and a clang is the metal in my head when I walk. I hear a sort of, this tinging noise - cling clang. The cling clang. So many things happen while walking. The metal in my head clangs and clings as I walk - freaks my balance out. So the natural thought is just clogged up. Totally clogged up. So we need to unplug these dams, and make the the natural flow... It sort of freaks me out. We need to unplug the dams. You cannot stop the natural flow of thought with a cling and a clang..."

Jefferson1775 is online now Senior Member
    About a year ago, I was waiting to get a haircut at a place in my hometown. A group of ladies was in there, and one of them had her son with her. He's a few years older than me, but we made some videos together for a class in high school, and I remember him as being very hard working and having a good sense of humor. He had apparently gotten back from Iraq (served in the Marines) a few months earlier, and the ladies were thanking him for his service and telling him what a good influence it would have on his life.

He left to go run an errand, and as soon as he went out the door, his mom started talking about how he had changed for the worse. She said that he was having a hard time adjusting back to civilian life and wished that he had never joined in the first place. And the other ladies said they were thankful that none of their sons had enlisted.

People in my small part of the world are such hypocrites about the military. They'll thank veterans for their service and hoop and holler when soldiers are recognized at sporting events. But in private, they'll talk about how everyone that's seen combat just isn't right in the head and hope that none of their children decide to join. They'll also claim that they're Christian and worship the Prince of Peace, and then go vote for war-mongering politicians at every damn election.
    In matters of style, swim with the current. In matters of principle, stand like a rock.

This message has been intercepted by the NSA, the only branch of government that listens.

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    Awesome for him.

MEversbergII is offline Senior Member
    I still wish they could have stuck my ass in a tank or something where I didn't need legs.

Make use of me.

M.

RittenRemedy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jefferson1775 View Post
    About a year ago, I was waiting to get a haircut at a place in my hometown. A group of ladies was in there, and one of them had her son with her. He's a few years older than me, but we made some videos together for a class in high school, and I remember him as being very hard working and having a good sense of humor. He had apparently gotten back from Iraq (served in the Marines) a few months earlier, and the ladies were thanking him for his service and telling him what a good influence it would have on his life.

He left to go run an errand, and as soon as he went out the door, his mom started talking about how he had changed for the worse. She said that he was having a hard time adjusting back to civilian life and wished that he had never joined in the first place. And the other ladies said they were thankful that none of their sons had enlisted.

People in my small part of the world are such hypocrites about the military. They'll thank veterans for their service and hoop and holler when soldiers are recognized at sporting events. But in private, they'll talk about how everyone that's seen combat just isn't right in the head and hope that none of their children decide to join. They'll also claim that they're Christian and worship the Prince of Peace, and then go vote for war-mongering politicians at every damn election.
    I just think that I work hard to preserve their rights to be simple minded. I think the same thing when I get kicked out of hooka bars for being a baby killer, just slightly more pissed off.

Page 30 of 32 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 LastLast