Page 20 of 31 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Thread: This Forum Has Changed A Lot page 20

RichMahogany is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorbag View Post
    Yep, but 8o grams of corn makes me a HUGE bowl of popcorn snack for the night and I guess that at least 20 of those grams are fibers or non absorbed carbs that can help digestion or cleaning up the inside of me, so I am experimenting and everything seem interesting so far...
    Yeah, if you want something to snack on without a huge calorie load, the air-popped popcorn beats the white rice by a mile. I was just making a more general statement. In any case, it's very much on the "not that bad" side of my not-exactly-primal foods list.
    The Champagne of Beards

Gorbag is offline Senior Member
    Hydrating “foods” such as low calorie gelatin and plenty of liquids in the morning and very dry food such as popcorn at night is my new secret...
    Being just an old fashioned guy myself; I’m beyond tired of all these fragile mama boys (and girls!) with powder in their gluteus and soft pillows under their arm pits that cannot recover from their 3 days a week abbreviated “strength” routine…

TQP
    TQP is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorbag View Post
    Hydrating “foods” such as low calorie gelatin and plenty of liquids in the morning and very dry food such as popcorn at night is my new secret...
    Gorbag can you explain more in detail why you do what you do? I find that undereating until I workout to work for me too in adding strength without adding too much fat. Now I am trying to just lean out.

RichMahogany is online now Senior Member
    I forgot to include gelatin. I keep it by the coffee and add a couple spoonfulls to my cup at least every other day no matter how I'm eating. Keeps my coat shiny.
    The Champagne of Beards

TQP
    TQP is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RichMahogany View Post
    I forgot to include gelatin. I keep it by the coffee and add a couple spoonfulls to my cup at least every other day no matter how I'm eating. Keeps my coat shiny.
    I never cut my hair, but since adding gelatin every day my hair grew another 3-4 inches... And is super shiny. :O

Everyone comments on how long it is... And I haven't cut it for like 2 years so it just started growing longer out of nowhere starting last fall.

Gorbag is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TQP View Post
    Gorbag can you explain more in detail why you do what you do? I find that undereating until I workout to work for me too in adding strength without adding too much fat. Now I am trying to just lean out.
    Basically I drink plenty of black coffee, tea and diet Coke before lunch at 2 PM. I also eat around a ¾ quart of low calorie Jello made on 30 gram of powdered gelatin. My lunch is two raw carrots, some broccoli and radish, a piece of fresh white cheese and a spicy sardine soup some of the days. Desert is more gelatin sprinkled with dry coconut flakes and 10 almonds. Then I eat my main meal post workout at 6 PM, around a pound of meat, chicken fish or seafoods. Plenty of vegetables, some rice, potatoes or sweet potatoes. Lots of fruits for dessert. Later on I eat some popcorn, and a full meal again at 9PM, often I also eat a large cup of yoghurt or milk with two or three raw eggs whipped in and maybe a couple of Whiskeys after that and some more popcorn! That’s a typical day, most of the foods comes in the evening...
    Being just an old fashioned guy myself; I’m beyond tired of all these fragile mama boys (and girls!) with powder in their gluteus and soft pillows under their arm pits that cannot recover from their 3 days a week abbreviated “strength” routine…

Mr. Anthony is online now Senior Member
    My hair already grew faster than anyone I've ever met, but since focusing on adding gelatin into stuff pretty much every day, I have to trim my fingernails like 4x per week. It's kind of a hassle.

Sent via lightsaber

Misabi is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by thehallowprince View Post
    1. Eat Lots of Plants and Animals
    2. Avoid Poisonous Things
    3. Move Frequently at a Slow Pace
    4. Lift Heavy Things
    5. Sprint Once in a While
    6. Get Adequate Sleep
    7. Play
    8. Get Adequate Sunlight
    9. Avoid Stupid Mistakes
    10. Use Your Brain
    11. Read the fucking book or get off the forum about book or creator.
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    Alright, now you're just getting quasi-religious.
    Just a tad.. and just like some Bible bashers, he's picking and choosing which of the 10 commandments he can follow our not.

It doesn't sound like he's been doing much #'s 4, 5 or 10..

"I've lost over 100 lbs just with primal and IF!"
    Not knocking the weight loss at all, but "primal" is much more than just what or how you eat.

I make no secret of recommending TPB as a starting point for pretty much everyone (haven't moved far from the original template myself, because I haven't needed too) and start tweaking when/if that doesn't give you the results you want.
    Last edited by Misabi; 04-10-2014 at 02:45 PM.
    If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Quote Originally Posted by tfarny View Post
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    By volume -- I'm mostly fruits and vegetables with potatoes/sweet potatoes, some nuts/seeds (like, 2 tbsp seeds and less than 1/4 cup nuts) and then on occasion -- like once or twice a week -- I have eggs or meat. I drink a lot of water.

Then, I would say about once a month, I have a meal or two that is completely "SAD" or whatever. Like, on our anniversary, we went out for brunch. And the place had this amazing savory waffle (herb and cheddar) with roasted tomato, canadian bacon, and 2 eggs over easy. Yeah, I ate that! And last month, I had that Premanti Bro's sandwich (wasn't that fab) because a friend was in town. And then, you know, the month before that, I had my FIL's 70th birthday cake. As it's also easter in two weeks, you can betcha I'll have whatever we're having for easter dinner with my family, and my mom's birthday is that weekend which means pizza and cake.

But when you run the numbers -- if you have 3 meals per day across 30 days -- that's 90 meals. 18 of those meals are "the 20%" as in, literally, 20% -- and I'm hitting maybe 2? So, yeah, negligible.

kathleen is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I'm mostly an animal eater... Lots of meat, eggs, full fat dairy. I'll cook in ghee.

For the non-animal, I'll have veggies like broccoli and leafy greens, fruits will be bananas, oranges or tomatoes. Love sweet potatoes. Dark chocolate.

Sometimes: coconut milk instead of full fat milk, olive oil instead of ghee.

I'll eat rice on occasion, never as a main thing, but more as a 'something to soak up the stir fry juice' with.

Once or twice a month I'll make tortillas with Maseca (ground corn).

Don't even ask me about alcohol, haha :P

But really, I'll have animal product with every meal.

If someone wants to give me crap about not following "the book" they can kiss my thin and fit ass
    Stumbled into Primal due to food allergies, and subsequent elimination of non-primal foods.

Start Gluten-Free/Soy-Free: December 2012; start weight 158lbs, Ladies size 6
    Start Primal: March 2013, start weight 150lbs, Ladies size 6
    Current: 132lbs, Ladies size 2
    F/23/5'9"

26lbs lost since cutting the crap.

Page 20 of 31 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast