Page 2 of 32 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: This Forum Has Changed A Lot page 2

not on the rug is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by janie View Post
    Not on the Rug -
    I'm not trolling, just someone who is working on my health. Nice of you to call me an old lady. You certainly prove my point.
    Actually, what you did is the textbook definition of trolling. Reread your post. Passive aggressive nonsense. Perhaps you could just say positive things about yourself and your health and you'll get more positive responses from the other members here.
    I have a lot of hard miles on my body from before I realized I'm not 100% invulnerable. Now I just think I'm 75% invulnerable. -Mr. Anthony

Give me a spouse/life-partner who I don't want to punch in the throat when she talks. -Canio6

janie is offline Senior Member
    I have. Many times. Not b/c I think others should do what I've done but b/c my experience might be useful to those who struggled as I did. Why isn't my n-1 as valuable as yours? You jump on almost anything I say. Why is that?
    Starting Weight: 197.5
    Current Weight: 123
    Lost 75# eating low carb (20-40 g) and then MDA primal low carb. Tried many other options but only LC helped me lose weight and improve health. Now at a good weight, I find my body can tolerate a few more carbs but rarely go over 100 g.

not on the rug is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by janie View Post
    I have. Many times. Not b/c I think others should do what I've done but b/c my experience might be useful to those who struggled as I did. Why isn't my n-1 as valuable as yours? You jump on almost anything I say. Why is that?
    I never said it wasn't. I jumped on your first post because it was trolling nonsense. You were picking a fight with anyone who would bite. There is no place for that here. Aside from this interaction, I've never had any interactions with you here before, so I don't even know what your experience is. Hopefully your other posts aren't as passive aggressive.

And honestly n=1 experiences are not science. More often than not, there are a million variables to success. We're all here for optimal health and should work together, not start out a post bashing people different from them as you did in your first post.

More often than not, the "young males" you refer to are posting study links and basic science in order to point out that there is more at play than just the one angle that the n=1 people are approaching it from. And more often than not, those young men are met with "what do you know about a woman's body" crap. People are people. We're all going to work 99% the exact same. You aren't a special snowflake. For some reason the older women who seem to think they know everything are the ones who will fight tooth and nail that they are right rather than open their minds to the possibilitythat they are at least partially wrong. Anyone who believes 100% that what they think is the only possible right answer is in a sad state of mind. It isn't just carbs. It isn't just calories. It isn't just hormones. It's everything all rolled in to one. BUT...all of those things don't supercede basic science.
    I have a lot of hard miles on my body from before I realized I'm not 100% invulnerable. Now I just think I'm 75% invulnerable. -Mr. Anthony

Give me a spouse/life-partner who I don't want to punch in the throat when she talks. -Canio6

sbhikes is online now Senior Member
    A lot of the spam is automated. It can be difficult to programmatically tell the difference between it and a real person. Not all the moderators around here are paid so you can't fault them for enjoying their weekends and not catching the spam. Heck, maybe none of the moderators are paid.

I know a large contingent of 2010-2012 forum posters left to join an invitation-only yahoo group. I was not able to use the yahoo group with my ancient computer so I found it difficult to be a member. Also, that group seemed to talk more about people moving or going on vacation or other friendly things and I kind of lost interest as I don't really know these people in real life so the intimacy of their daily lives seemed odd to me.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 170 x 3. Current Deadlift: 220 x 3

Jefferson1775 is online now Senior Member
    Haven't been here that long, but I've already learned so much about nutrition and healthy living. And I don't leave Texas too often, so it's cool being able to interact with people from all over the US and other parts of the world. I've even met two people on here in person and had a great time with both of them. Most of the hate-fests seem to happen in the Nutrition forum, so I don't post there too much.
    In matters of style, swim with the current. In matters of principle, stand like a rock.

This message has been intercepted by the NSA, the only branch of government that listens.

Waterlily is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jefferson1775 View Post
    Haven't been here that long, but I've already learned so much about nutrition and healthy living.
    Same here. Learned a lot from nice people who took time to help. Very appreciated! And Internet is Internet. It's normal to come across some rude people, just like one will in life. I think this forum is great and I'm thankful for it.
    Paleo since April 2013 for health reasons.

paleodog is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by vh67 View Post
    I don't spend nearly as much as time as I did for one big reason. There are a number of very strong personalities that think they know it all, shout their point of views frequently and loudly, then mock anyone that dares to question them. They say they have science on their side but honestly, even the experts admit they do not know much and most of what is posted here and on the internet is theory. Nothing seems to be true 100% of the time for 100% of the people. Because we all know men and women are 99% the same and age doesn't matter.

There are times this place feels like junior high school. That being said, thare some amazing people here and they are the reason I stay.
    This reply pretty much expresses my reasons in general for staying away from forums.

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    I pretty much only stay in the journals now. The general forum is by and large too much of a hate fest for my tastes. "Your experience does not match mine exactly, so FUCK YOU!!!!"
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    I gotta be honest, I'm pretty sick of people complaining about the spam. I have no control over prevention, only clean-up. It's not NEARLY as bad as it was even a year ago, much better than it was before then too. I clean up maybe 20 messages a day during the week and usually take a break on weekends.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

RichMahogany is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    I gotta be honest, I'm pretty sick of people complaining about the spam. I have no control over prevention, only clean-up. It's not NEARLY as bad as it was even a year ago, much better than it was before then too. I clean up maybe 20 messages a day during the week and usually take a break on weekends.
    Are you the only one with the responsibility/authority to clean it up?
    The Champagne of Beards

Page 2 of 32 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast