Page 19 of 31 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Thread: This Forum Has Changed A Lot page 19

kathleen is offline Senior Member
    Oooh, someone's got a case of the meanz.

I drank a soda yesterday.

Stumbled into Primal due to food allergies, and subsequent elimination of non-primal foods.

Start Gluten-Free/Soy-Free: December 2012; start weight 158lbs, Ladies size 6
    Start Primal: March 2013, start weight 150lbs, Ladies size 6
    Current: 132lbs, Ladies size 2
    F/23/5'9"

26lbs lost since cutting the crap.

MEversbergII is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by not on the rug View Post
    couldn't tell if this was sarcastic or not.
    Neither can I. I've been eating white rice regularly a while now and have reintroduced things like beans as well. While I don't exactly eat bread every day, I have some wheat-containing things a few times a week and...nothing crazy happens. Maybe modern wheat has problems, but I'm not sure about grains as a whole.

There's also real-life, practical considerations. We're not going to do anything about the population problem, and we're certainly not going to feed 7.2 billion on grass fed anything, lamb or not. Fish were probably our best shot at "meat for the masses" - as it has been throughout history in many places - but we've done goofed there.

I'm finally getting to a financial point where I really COULD opt for getting almost everything organic, grass fed etc. Just a little longer and I'll be bloody golden. However, that would be a brief candle, before the movement expands outwards and prices get well beyond my means.

At least there's rice and synthetic vitamins :/

M.

Gorbag is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kathleen View Post
    Oooh, someone's got a case of the meanz.

I drank a soda yesterday.

Only diet soda for me, but I have started to eat popcorn again as a daily carb staple (Zero fat and air popped!). The fibers seem to make the stools more “fluffy” – must be all the fibers methinks…
    Being just an old fashioned guy myself; I’m beyond tired of all these fragile mama boys (and girls!) with powder in their gluteus and soft pillows under their arm pits that cannot recover from their 3 days a week abbreviated “strength” routine…

RichMahogany is offline Senior Member
    Beans aren't grains, MEversberg. Beans are far closer to the acceptable end of the spectrum of not-exactly-primal foods than modern dwarf wheat. White rice shouldn't even count, as NOTR said. It's pure starch. If you need extra pure starch in your diet, white rice is a pretty damn safe way to get it.

Me personally, I can drink a beer or 4 with no problem, but if I eat a burger that has remnants of a bun stuck to it, I get some pretty bad indigestion. Otherwise I get 0 indigestion, ever.

Also, feeding more of the starving masses creates more starving masses than the additional food can feed. Feeding the starving masses is not the answer to world hunger, as much as we want so hard for it to be that simple.

Increasing the food supply (and hence the human population, and therefore the food supply, and hence the population, again) at the cost of ecosystems is kind of like living on top of a Jenga tower, where you take blocks from the bottom to boost yourself up higher and higher, until one day, you pull out the wrong block and...
    The Champagne of Beards

Quote Originally Posted by Gorbag View Post
    Only diet soda for me, but I have started to eat popcorn again as a daily carb staple (Zero fat and air popped!). The fibers seem to make the stools more “fluffy” – must be all the fibers methinks…
    I'd eat white rice before popcorn, popcorn before beans, beans before wheat, and wheat before vegetable oils. How's that for a hierarchy?

I mean, that's where this all has to end up. We can't all eat nothing but auroch brains, mammoth livers, and extinct tubers grown wild in non-depleted soils all day long. The Primal Blueprint is meant to be a guide for how to learn well enough to make these decisions for ourselves, individually right?
    The Champagne of Beards

PrimalMarduk is offline Senior Member
    If there's one thing I've learned from this site and the forum is nothing is set in stone, and we can all learn from eachother to ultimately live healthier lives. I personally don't care if someone is vlc or high carb low fat, I like hearing people's stories and journeys because something that worked well for them may help me on my journey

Urban Forager is online now Senior Member
    It's scary when something you believe in and has helped you so much (as it clearly has helped our hallowprince) changes. Take a deep breath and realize no one is saying you have to change, if it's working for you that's cool.

But dear Principito I would refrain from making remarks like "our chemical make-ups are the same" if you want people to take you seriously. Or else explain what you mean by "chemical make-ups", perhaps you are referring to the general fact that we are all mammals, have blood, organs, bones and stuff like that.
    Life is death. We all take turns. It's sacred to eat during our turn and be eaten when our turn is over. RichMahogany.

TQP
    TQP is online now Senior Member

This Forum Has Changed A Lot

My hierarchy, not that it matters, but it is more fun to talk about than to argue with the zealot.

Here is my most favored to least favored... The dividing line is where I draw my 10% (ie less than 10% of my cals should come from these).

-sugar plants: Fruits, ripened (favorites: bananas, mangoes, berries, pineapple, citrus). Carrots. Yellow plantain. Sweet potatoes.
    -Gelatin
    -Cottage cheese/kefir/yogurt
    -Red meat, pastured eggs, leaner seafood, liver.
    -Potatoes.
    -Other starches (rice, sticky rice, tapioca starch making Brazilian cheese bread, green plantain) maybe beans? I just don't crave it anymore...gf oatmeal is delish and I have it once a week.
    -Cooking/accessory fats: coconut oil, butter, ghee, coconut milk, higher fat dairy, dark chocolate.
    -non fatty veggies (mostly cucumber, tomato, eggplant... So yes I like the veggie fruits best)
    -chicken/pork (I eat these very rarely but I love ribs when I am back in Texas!!)
    -fattier veggies (avocados, olives) + fattier fish
    -corn, etc.
    -nuts/etc (I like peanut butter! Once a week thing but I love that shit)
    -isolated PUFA sources: seed oil, fish oil, etc.
    -WHEAT/processed as hell foods like Twinkies. I cannot remember the last time I ate these.
    Last edited by TQP; 04-10-2014 at 01:43 PM.

Gorbag is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RichMahogany View Post
    I'd eat white rice before popcorn, popcorn before beans, beans before wheat, and wheat before vegetable oils. How's that for a hierarchy?

I mean, that's where this all has to end up. We can't all eat nothing but auroch brains, mammoth livers, and extinct tubers grown wild in non-depleted soils all day long. The Primal Blueprint is meant to be a guide for how to learn well enough to make these decisions for ourselves, individually right?
    Yep, but 8o grams of corn makes me a HUGE bowl of popcorn snack for the night and I guess that at least 20 of those grams are fibers or non absorbed carbs that can help digestion or cleaning up the inside of me, so I am experimenting and everything seem interesting so far...
    Being just an old fashioned guy myself; I’m beyond tired of all these fragile mama boys (and girls!) with powder in their gluteus and soft pillows under their arm pits that cannot recover from their 3 days a week abbreviated “strength” routine…

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Yeah, mine changes way too often to put something that concrete down. Right now, I'm eating a lot of

Lean meats, (even chicken), eggs, white rice, potatoes, sweet potatoes, lots of frozen vegetables, medium-fat Greek yogurt, cheese, salsa, fruit

Normally it's more like:

Fatty/gelatinous/organ meats, cheese, eggs, whey protein, full-fat Greek yogurt, coconut oil, whatever vegetables I feel like, fruit & tubers, rice

Except when I'm "bulking," when it's all of the above, in every possible combination, in as much quantity as I can stand.
    Last edited by RichMahogany; 04-10-2014 at 02:12 PM.
    The Champagne of Beards

Page 19 of 31 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast