Page 19 of 32 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Thread: This Forum Has Changed A Lot page 19

RichMahogany is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Jefferson1775 View Post

I came here and bought the book specifically to learn about the evils of grains.
    Angry cat has spoken.
    The Champagne of Beards

Also, Derpamix is still around? wtf! Good to see you, my very odd bro!
    The Champagne of Beards

Goldie is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by thehallowprince View Post
    Our chemical make-ups are all the same. I call bullshit on these people, pure and simple.
    Well, then, you can have my wonky fluctuating peri-menopausal hormones and my slowly dying thyroid and its associated hormones and call bullshit on me. All these hormones have an impact on insulin. Amount and quality of sleep, stress, and activity levels also have an effect on insulin and other hormone levels.

The human body is a complicated system that interacts with our inner and outer environment and can't be reduced to a sweeping statement of "Our chemical make-ups are all the same."

*waits for the bullshit call*

*needs fertilizer for my primal garden*

Graycat is offline Senior Member
    So many people here are like "up the carbs, lower the fat" and i'm just like ".... who are these people?"
    Why anyone who is so into carbs and low fat is on this forum is beyond me.
    Why are you here?
    I think THAT is the problem with this forum. You guys haven't read the book. Or any other books that explain it in black and white. Crazy lady on here talking about how she eats paleo/primal with high carb and low fat and 'not fit but no fat' bullplop.
    Originally Posted by thehallowprince:

Why half or more of you people are here on the The Primal Blueprint's website

11. Read the fucking book or get off the forum about book or creator.
    You are becoming increasingly annoying with your self-righteous attitude. It's not up to you to question why certain people are on this forum and to decide who should "get off".
    If you want to be taken seriously, you should back up your arguments with actual facts, science, have some basic understanding of how human metabolism works, or at the very least be able to think for yourself. Just because Sisson and Taubes have written something in black and white, doesn't automatically make it unquestionable fact. Your reasoning is circular at best.

10. Use Your Brain
    Also, maybe you should listen to your own advice.
    Last edited by Graycat; 04-10-2014 at 12:02 PM.

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    Forum Rules - Mark's Daily Apple Forum

Second sentence. My favorite.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

kathleen is online now Senior Member
    Oooh, someone's got a case of the meanz.

I drank a soda yesterday.

Stumbled into Primal due to food allergies, and subsequent elimination of non-primal foods.

Start Gluten-Free/Soy-Free: December 2012; start weight 158lbs, Ladies size 6
    Start Primal: March 2013, start weight 150lbs, Ladies size 6
    Current: 132lbs, Ladies size 2
    F/23/5'9"

26lbs lost since cutting the crap.

MEversbergII is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by not on the rug View Post
    couldn't tell if this was sarcastic or not.
    Neither can I. I've been eating white rice regularly a while now and have reintroduced things like beans as well. While I don't exactly eat bread every day, I have some wheat-containing things a few times a week and...nothing crazy happens. Maybe modern wheat has problems, but I'm not sure about grains as a whole.

There's also real-life, practical considerations. We're not going to do anything about the population problem, and we're certainly not going to feed 7.2 billion on grass fed anything, lamb or not. Fish were probably our best shot at "meat for the masses" - as it has been throughout history in many places - but we've done goofed there.

I'm finally getting to a financial point where I really COULD opt for getting almost everything organic, grass fed etc. Just a little longer and I'll be bloody golden. However, that would be a brief candle, before the movement expands outwards and prices get well beyond my means.

At least there's rice and synthetic vitamins :/

M.

Gorbag is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kathleen View Post
    Oooh, someone's got a case of the meanz.

I drank a soda yesterday.

Only diet soda for me, but I have started to eat popcorn again as a daily carb staple (Zero fat and air popped!). The fibers seem to make the stools more “fluffy” – must be all the fibers methinks…
    Whoever fights trolls should see to it that in the process he does not become a troll - for when you gaze long enough into the computer screen, the computer screen will gaze back into you!
    - Gorbag Nietzsche

Beans aren't grains, MEversberg. Beans are far closer to the acceptable end of the spectrum of not-exactly-primal foods than modern dwarf wheat. White rice shouldn't even count, as NOTR said. It's pure starch. If you need extra pure starch in your diet, white rice is a pretty damn safe way to get it.

Me personally, I can drink a beer or 4 with no problem, but if I eat a burger that has remnants of a bun stuck to it, I get some pretty bad indigestion. Otherwise I get 0 indigestion, ever.

Also, feeding more of the starving masses creates more starving masses than the additional food can feed. Feeding the starving masses is not the answer to world hunger, as much as we want so hard for it to be that simple.

Increasing the food supply (and hence the human population, and therefore the food supply, and hence the population, again) at the cost of ecosystems is kind of like living on top of a Jenga tower, where you take blocks from the bottom to boost yourself up higher and higher, until one day, you pull out the wrong block and...
    The Champagne of Beards

Quote Originally Posted by Gorbag View Post
    Only diet soda for me, but I have started to eat popcorn again as a daily carb staple (Zero fat and air popped!). The fibers seem to make the stools more “fluffy” – must be all the fibers methinks…
    I'd eat white rice before popcorn, popcorn before beans, beans before wheat, and wheat before vegetable oils. How's that for a hierarchy?

I mean, that's where this all has to end up. We can't all eat nothing but auroch brains, mammoth livers, and extinct tubers grown wild in non-depleted soils all day long. The Primal Blueprint is meant to be a guide for how to learn well enough to make these decisions for ourselves, individually right?
    The Champagne of Beards

Page 19 of 32 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast