Page 17 of 31 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Thread: This Forum Has Changed A Lot page 17

thehallowprince is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by not on the rug View Post
    I get it sort of. you found mark's book. it changed your life. you moved on. you came back and didn't recognize the old neighborhood. it was weird and scary. now you're stuck in your shell. embrace evolution my friend. it's what humans have been doing for millions of years.
    Yes. And humans today are no different biologically than before the agricultural revolution. That's the point. We haven't changed. Our bodies were shaped by evolution to function best on a low carb, high fat, high protein diet. Most of you people are loons, i'm sorry, and I can't wait to see PB2.0 when you see how little truly has changed.

To quote Abe Simpson: "I used to be with it, but then they changed what *it* was. Now what I'm with isn't *it*, and what's *it* seems weird and scary to me. And it'll happen to you too."
    March 1st 2010: 308lbs | CW: 219lbs / 18.5%BF | New Goal: 16% BF
    Male. 28. 6'4''. Currently working on them muscles and strength!

"My chest hair caught fire when I was fighting a bear with a flamethrower, how do I get my hair back? - Rivvin

Jefferson1775 is online now Senior Member
    1. Eat Lots of Plants and Animals
    2. Avoid Poisonous Things
    3. Move Frequently at a Slow Pace
    4. Lift Heavy Things
    5. Sprint Once in a While
    6. Get Adequate Sleep
    7. Play
    8. Get Adequate Sunlight
    9. Avoid Stupid Mistakes
    10. Use Your Brain

Personally, I'm fine with eating mostly meat and vegetables, but that doesn't work for everybody. A lot of them decided to use their brains and found out that adding in dairy, eating more fruit and potatoes, researching resistant starches, looking at Ray Peat's ideas, etc. helped them to reach their personal goals. Good for them.

Anyway, I think #2 is probably the most important of them to learn. Grains and seed oils do so much harm, and probably 99+% of the people here agree on that.
    In matters of style, swim with the current. In matters of principle, stand like a rock.

This message has been intercepted by the NSA, the only branch of government that listens.

Quote Originally Posted by Jefferson1775 View Post
    Personally, I'm fine with eating mostly meat and vegetables, but that doesn't work for everybody. A lot of them decided to use their brains and found out that adding in dairy, eating more fruit and potatoes, researching resistant starches, looking at Ray Peat's ideas, etc. helped them to reach their personal goals. Good for them.
    Call me crazy, but humans are humans. Our chemical make-ups are all the same. I call bullshit on these people, pure and simple.

"My chest hair caught fire when I was fighting a bear with a flamethrower, how do I get my hair back? - Rivvin

Quote Originally Posted by thehallowprince View Post
    Yes. And humans today are no different biologically than before the agricultural revolution. That's the point. We haven't changed. Our bodies were shaped by evolution to function best on a low carb, high fat, high protein diet. Most of you people are loons, i'm sorry, and I can't wait to see PB2.0 when you see how little truly has changed.

To quote Abe Simpson: "I used to be with it, but then they changed what *it* was. Now what I'm with isn't *it*, and what's *it* seems weird and scary to me. And it'll happen to you too."
    but high fat diets aren't evolutionarily correct anywhere. ever. so what gives?

Call me crazy, but humans are humans. Our chemical make-ups are all the same. I call bullshit on these people, pure and simple.
    it isn't bullshit. believe what you want to believe

MEversbergII is offline Senior Member
    I dunno, Jefferson, I'm wondering if it's time to stop fearing the grains too.

M.

Derpamix is offline Senior Member

Do you know what a selector is? This is ridiculous.
    nihil

Quote Originally Posted by MEversbergII View Post
    I dunno, Jefferson, I'm wondering if it's time to stop fearing the grains too.

M.
    couldn't tell if this was sarcastic or not. my take on grains is that they should be avoided as much as humanly possible. some people are more sensitive to them than others. would our ancestors perhaps have foraged for a handful of grains here and there? probably. will a slice of pizza or a beer every month kill you? probably not. is it ideal for perfect health? probably not. then there is stuff like white rice, which is literally pure starch. nothing harmful in white rice.

personally, I still avoid gluten-containing grains as much as possible. but if I can get my hands on some wood fired pizza or make it myself, i'm going to eat it.

1. Eat Lots of Plants and Animals
    2. Avoid Poisonous Things
    3. Move Frequently at a Slow Pace
    4. Lift Heavy Things
    5. Sprint Once in a While
    6. Get Adequate Sleep
    7. Play
    8. Get Adequate Sunlight
    9. Avoid Stupid Mistakes
    10. Use Your Brain
    11. Read the fucking book or get off the forum about book or creator.

Can this be in BP 2.0? I mean seriously. I was just in a thread with people calling Taubes a quack, butter is bad, sugar is a good source of carbs, and they were SERIOUS!.. ::faints::

I'll never understand. I need to accept that. I come from a different generation.

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    No two people sans identical twins are genetically "the same". What do you think things like allergies come from?
    nihil

Page 17 of 31 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast