Page 17 of 32 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Thread: This Forum Has Changed A Lot page 17

thehallowprince is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Moochy View Post
    My take is that when Primal/Paleo was ramping up you had quite a few people who were extremely interested and well read seeking further knowledge. Lot's of folks who frequented this forum were fairly well read on paleo. Gradually they drifted away and were replaced by folks who frankly, have not educated themselves through reading. The value of the forum is no where as good as it was in the day which causes more knowledgeable folks to move on.
    ::applause::
    March 1st 2010: 308lbs | CW: 219lbs / 18.5%BF | New Goal: 16% BF
    Male. 28. 6'4''. Currently working on them muscles and strength!

"My chest hair caught fire when I was fighting a bear with a flamethrower, how do I get my hair back? - Rivvin

TQP
    TQP is online now Senior Member

This Forum Has Changed A Lot

If by "well read" and"knowledgable" you mean of the PB book, mayyybe, although even that isn't true because most of is tried PB as written for more than a year before trying something else.

I read scientific studies not blogs of gurus. If that means I am not well-read, then okay. I don't even really read ray peat stuff just the studies posted here and there that support his recs.
    JOURNAL.
    Gelatin/bone broth recipes blog. (Latest recipe: Paleo Pizza Crust!)
    Professional Style Website. (Latest features: How to Remix a Pant Suit; Courtney, Fashion Editor)

Quote Originally Posted by Reventon View Post
    Swear like sailor, motorboat sexy foods. Solution to all of life's problems
    Especially hunger.
    ...not so much for Tourette's.
    Quote Originally Posted by Emtropy View Post
    Talking about sexy people is always relevant

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by thehallowprince View Post
    Well, we'll all have to agree to disagree. I'm left with an unanswered question and an answered question.

Unanswered Question - Why half or more of you people are here on the The Primal Blueprint's website for Mark Sisson when you don't subscribe to the basic outlines.

Answered Question - Why all the good people left.
    You have a problem with fallacies I see. These people left -> these people were good -> these people left because of these people is a leap across a causal chasm with each additional variable becoming less and less provable(conjunction fallacy).

You also proved my whole pseudoscience point by wanting a forum for your own exclusive safe group where you can all congratulate one another on your awesome progress, how right you are, and the others are just too unhealthy(LOL CAUSE OF THE CARBS AM I RIGHT GUYS) to get it. See: Funny CW moments thread.

Yes, we'll have to agree to disagree. You're still wrong though. If it makes you feel any better, I've personally all but abandoned this forum as well.
    Longing is the agony of the nearness of the distant

kathleen is offline Senior Member
    Maybe people are becoming hardcore paleo and staying away from the artificial light (computer screen).
    Stumbled into Primal due to food allergies, and subsequent elimination of non-primal foods.

Start Gluten-Free/Soy-Free: December 2012; start weight 158lbs, Ladies size 6
    Start Primal: March 2013, start weight 150lbs, Ladies size 6
    Current: 132lbs, Ladies size 2
    F/23/5'9"

26lbs lost since cutting the crap.

not on the rug is online now Senior Member
    Well, we'll all have to agree to disagree. I'm left with an unanswered question and an answered question.

Unanswered Question - Why half or more of you people are here on the The Primal Blueprint's website for Mark Sisson when you don't subscribe to the basic outlines.

Answered Question - Why all the good people left.
    you do realize that mark has changed his stance on a whole bunch of stuff that was originally in the book, right?

the way I see it is that you are still stuck on the book that mark wrote all those years ago. a book that he has amended time and time again with his blog posts. a book that actually needs a second edition. a book that has little actual science in it's favor. so if you want to stick to mark's original 2009 book, so be it. but to insult the people here who are past paleo/primal 101 and more in agreement of 2014 mark sisson, perfect health diet, ray peat, etc doesn't make any sense.

I get it sort of. you found mark's book. it changed your life. you moved on. you came back and didn't recognize the old neighborhood. it was weird and scary. now you're stuck in your shell. embrace evolution my friend. it's what humans have been doing for millions of years.
    I have a lot of hard miles on my body from before I realized I'm not 100% invulnerable. Now I just think I'm 75% invulnerable. -Mr. Anthony

Give me a spouse/life-partner who I don't want to punch in the throat when she talks. -Canio6

Quote Originally Posted by not on the rug View Post
    I get it sort of. you found mark's book. it changed your life. you moved on. you came back and didn't recognize the old neighborhood. it was weird and scary. now you're stuck in your shell. embrace evolution my friend. it's what humans have been doing for millions of years.
    Yes. And humans today are no different biologically than before the agricultural revolution. That's the point. We haven't changed. Our bodies were shaped by evolution to function best on a low carb, high fat, high protein diet. Most of you people are loons, i'm sorry, and I can't wait to see PB2.0 when you see how little truly has changed.

To quote Abe Simpson: "I used to be with it, but then they changed what *it* was. Now what I'm with isn't *it*, and what's *it* seems weird and scary to me. And it'll happen to you too."

"My chest hair caught fire when I was fighting a bear with a flamethrower, how do I get my hair back? - Rivvin

Jefferson1775 is offline Senior Member
    1. Eat Lots of Plants and Animals
    2. Avoid Poisonous Things
    3. Move Frequently at a Slow Pace
    4. Lift Heavy Things
    5. Sprint Once in a While
    6. Get Adequate Sleep
    7. Play
    8. Get Adequate Sunlight
    9. Avoid Stupid Mistakes
    10. Use Your Brain

Personally, I'm fine with eating mostly meat and vegetables, but that doesn't work for everybody. A lot of them decided to use their brains and found out that adding in dairy, eating more fruit and potatoes, researching resistant starches, looking at Ray Peat's ideas, etc. helped them to reach their personal goals. Good for them.

Anyway, I think #2 is probably the most important of them to learn. Grains and seed oils do so much harm, and probably 99+% of the people here agree on that.
    In matters of style, swim with the current. In matters of principle, stand like a rock.

This message has been intercepted by the NSA, the only branch of government that listens.

Quote Originally Posted by Jefferson1775 View Post
    Personally, I'm fine with eating mostly meat and vegetables, but that doesn't work for everybody. A lot of them decided to use their brains and found out that adding in dairy, eating more fruit and potatoes, researching resistant starches, looking at Ray Peat's ideas, etc. helped them to reach their personal goals. Good for them.
    Call me crazy, but humans are humans. Our chemical make-ups are all the same. I call bullshit on these people, pure and simple.

Yes. And humans today are no different biologically than before the agricultural revolution. That's the point. We haven't changed. Our bodies were shaped by evolution to function best on a low carb, high fat, high protein diet. Most of you people are loons, i'm sorry, and I can't wait to see PB2.0 when you see how little truly has changed.

To quote Abe Simpson: "I used to be with it, but then they changed what *it* was. Now what I'm with isn't *it*, and what's *it* seems weird and scary to me. And it'll happen to you too."
    but high fat diets aren't evolutionarily correct anywhere. ever. so what gives?
    I have a lot of hard miles on my body from before I realized I'm not 100% invulnerable. Now I just think I'm 75% invulnerable. -Mr. Anthony

Give me a spouse/life-partner who I don't want to punch in the throat when she talks. -Canio6

Call me crazy, but humans are humans. Our chemical make-ups are all the same. I call bullshit on these people, pure and simple.
    it isn't bullshit. believe what you want to believe

Page 17 of 32 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast