Page 16 of 32 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: This Forum Has Changed A Lot page 16

Zanna is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I can't believe it took OP 15 pages to finally turn this thread into a classic MDA carb war.

TQP
    TQP is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by thehallowprince View Post
    this is another point i can't understand. there is literally a huge portion of The Primal Blueprint about why it's all about insulin. I'm pretty sure there is a chapter called "(No Really) It's All About Insulin"

Why are you here? It's a basic tenant of primal.

I think THAT is the problem with this forum. You guys haven't read the book. Or any other books that explain it in black and white. Crazy lady on here talking about how she eats paleo/primal with high carb and low fat and 'not fit but no fat' bullplop.

well your definition of 'hell of a lot of fat' is important, but if you look at the macronutrients in eating an animal it would be high fat and protein, super small carbs. yes, carbs would be in the diet. but nowhere near what anyone would consider 'high carb' or even 'medium carb'

we're talking pre-agricultural revolution here people
    Yes...and there are tons of tubers "back then." Wild game is lean, so Grok is high protein not high fat.

Also, I'm not trying to recreate ancestral times...I just want to be healthy. If you personally cannot think about carbs without being dogmatic, that's okay. We don't have to agree on MDA. I'm honestly not in the mood to debate this carbs v. fat thing again.
    JOURNAL.

Gelatin/bone broth recipes blog. (Latest recipe: Favorite Smoothies Recipes!)

Professional Style Website. (Latest features: Andrea, Random House Author; Tara, Digital Media Producer)

Sweatpants are a sign of defeat. You lost control of your life so you bought some sweatpants.- Karl Lagerfeld

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Zanna View Post
    I can't believe it took OP 15 pages to finally turn this thread into a classic MDA carb war.

The OP is exactly the kind of zealot that I am very glad has become pretty rare around here. The Primal Blueprint is not a Bible (and then some will argue that the Bible is not supposed to be used like that either). I really don't understand how people can think that there isn't individual variation. My stress is not your stress. My minerals from local vegetables are not the same as yours. My needs are different. And that does not mean that by-the-book Primal doesn't work for many people because I'm sure it does. I'm just saying it doesn't work for me and I have seen it not work for many other people.

Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Stacy15 is offline Senior Member
    Yep. This is where I exit.

joelwlcx is offline Senior Member
    Maybe the true paleo enthusiasts are abandoning the internet, and electronics in general. We can only hope...
    "All of God's creatures have a natural habitat... my dinner plate." -Me

not on the rug is offline Senior Member
    this is another point i can't understand. there is literally a huge portion of The Primal Blueprint about why it's all about insulin. I'm pretty sure there is a chapter called "(No Really) It's All About Insulin"

I think THAT is the problem with this forum. You guys haven't read the book. Or any other books that explain it in black and white. Crazy lady on here talking about how she eats paleo/primal with high carb and low fat and 'not fit but no fat' bullplop.

well your definition of 'hell of a lot of fat' is important, but if you look at the macronutrients in eating an animal it would be high fat and protein, super small carbs. yes, carbs would be in the diet. but nowhere near what anyone would consider 'high carb' or even 'medium carb'

so whatever mark writes is gospel truth? I certainly hope you don't believe that. I've read the book. hell, I've read it twice. I've been on this forum since june of 2010. I keep abreast with other paleo sites. I stay on this forum because of the fact that it has a bunch of intelligent people who are helping to progress the paleo movement and provide new levels of understanding about ancestral eating. hell, mark doesn't even stick to his guns about what he wrote in the original book. why are you?

ok. let's play this one out. so grok ate game meats, tubers, fruit, leafy greens, fish etc. right? high protein, low fat, moderate carb? grok ate nothing but meat and sticks. high protein, low fat low carb. how exactly is that consistent with adding butter to your coffee, or dousing veggies in butter or olive oil. well marbled beef? not paleo. domesticated livestock? not paleo. bacon? certainly not paleo . at the end of the day, paleo eating is pretty low fat.
    I have a lot of hard miles on my body from before I realized I'm not 100% invulnerable. Now I just think I'm 75% invulnerable. -Mr. Anthony

Give me a spouse/life-partner who I don't want to punch in the throat when she talks. -Canio6

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Just because you're not gaining fat or not fat now doesn't mean you are healthy. This is explained very clearly in The Primal Blueprint.

Additionally I call complete bullshit on this "what works for some doesn't work for others."

BALONEY!

Humans share 99% of their DNA with chimps. They share even more DNA with other human (obviously). For overweight unhealthy individuals looking to lose weight, a low carb, high fat, high protein diet is the way to go. It is all about insulin. Period.

You are either healthy or unhealthy. There is no middle ground.
    Were you simultaneously trying to make a point and then refute your own point? I don't think you know how DNA works, and you obviously don't know how insulin works. Here, I'll help you out:

The chromosomes you inherit consist of proteins called histones, which unwind to allow DNA to be read -- think of DNA like a computer code that uses 4 different chemical bases, which are recognized by letters A, C, G, and T. Your genes are strings of DNA which codes for polypeptides(chemically linked amino acids). The order of the aforementioned letters determine which polypeptide is made, and stringing different polypeptides together produces different proteins. This is what gives us our various different traits. Even further, the epigenome determines whether or not a string of DNA is read, which obviously differs between people. Going further with this, there are other things to consider like genetic distance, populations, etc; Now you should see how frivolous it is to try to base your diet around what your ancestors ate many, many years ago; or even more absurd -- what a different species eats.

Your post is merely an argument from ignorance(fail to recognize how complex DNA is) using tautology.

P.S. Grok is a fictitious character.
    Longing is the agony of the nearness of the distant

Derpamix is offline Senior Member

The Primal Blueprint is pseudoscience, using a priori assumption of a thing with descriptive(selective reading) or normative(subjective) principles proven through deductive reasoning rather than inductive science; submerged in tons of cherry picking. Reading the book, the message I took away was that the claims it makes(modern diseases in an umbrella definition for example) are impossible to quantify, unfalsifiable, and empirically useless.
    Longing is the agony of the nearness of the distant

+1
    If I just said LOL, I lied. Do or do not. There is no try.

thehallowprince is offline Senior Member
    Well, we'll all have to agree to disagree. I'm left with an unanswered question and an answered question.

Unanswered Question - Why half or more of you people are here on the The Primal Blueprint's website for Mark Sisson when you don't subscribe to the basic outlines.

Answered Question - Why all the good people left.
    March 1st 2010: 308lbs | CW: 219lbs / 18.5%BF | New Goal: 16% BF
    Male. 28. 6'4''. Currently working on them muscles and strength!

"My chest hair caught fire when I was fighting a bear with a flamethrower, how do I get my hair back? - Rivvin

Page 16 of 32 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast