Page 15 of 32 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: This Forum Has Changed A Lot page 15

thehallowprince is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    The thing is, some of these people are NOT fit and it works (higher carb and lower fat). Proper diet does not have to be low carb. Sometimes low carb just doesn't work, and we don't have the answers for everyone. I think it's important to encourage people to figure out what works for themselves, and that means seeing lots of different options.

I'm not fat or fit, yet I eat higher carb and am not gaining fat.
    Just because you're not gaining fat or not fat now doesn't mean you are healthy. This is explained very clearly in The Primal Blueprint.

Additionally I call complete bullshit on this "what works for some doesn't work for others."

BALONEY!

Humans share 99% of their DNA with chimps. They share even more DNA with other human (obviously). For overweight unhealthy individuals looking to lose weight, a low carb, high fat, high protein diet is the way to go. It is all about insulin. Period.

You are either healthy or unhealthy. There is no middle ground.
    March 1st 2010: 308lbs | CW: 219lbs / 18.5%BF | New Goal: 16% BF
    Male. 28. 6'4''. Currently working on them muscles and strength!

"My chest hair caught fire when I was fighting a bear with a flamethrower, how do I get my hair back?” - Rivvin

not on the rug is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by thehallowprince View Post
    Just because you're not gaining fat or not fat now doesn't mean you are healthy. This is explained very clearly in The Primal Blueprint.

Additionally I call complete bullshit on this "what works for some doesn't work for others."

BALONEY!

Humans share 99% of their DNA with chimps. They share even more DNA with other human (obviously). For overweight unhealthy individuals looking to lose weight, a low carb, high fat, high protein diet is the way to go. It is all about insulin. Period.

potatoes/sweet potatoes, fruit, white rice, etc are all healthy food choices. there isn't anything in those foods that is unhealthy. so eat up.

it actually isn't all about insulin. <ducks for cover> sorry...
    I have a lot of hard miles on my body from before I realized I'm not 100% invulnerable. Now I just think I'm 75% invulnerable. -Mr. Anthony

Give me a spouse/life-partner who I don't want to punch in the throat when she talks. -Canio6

TQP
    TQP is offline Senior Member

BALONEY!

Oh please. Apparently grok drank vats of fat and wild game is full of animal fats right?

If you want to shun carbs that is fine, more carbs for us.
    JOURNAL.

Gelatin/bone broth recipes blog. (Latest recipe: Favorite Smoothies Recipes!)

Professional Style Website. (Latest features: Andrea, Random House Author; Tara, Digital Media Producer)

Sweatpants are a sign of defeat. You lost control of your life so you bought some sweatpants.- Karl Lagerfeld

Quote Originally Posted by TQP View Post
    Oh please. Apparently grok drank vats of fat and wild game is full of animal fats right?
    Grok didn't eat rice and potatoes all day. He ate meat. He ate what he killed.

Quote Originally Posted by TQP View Post
    If you want to shun carbs that is fine, more carbs for us.
    Why anyone who is so into carbs and low fat is on this forum is beyond me. There is nothing paleo or primal about high carb low fat. This quote is exactly what is wrong with this forum these days.

"My chest hair caught fire when I was fighting a bear with a flamethrower, how do I get my hair back?” - Rivvin

Why anyone who is so into carbs and low fat is on this forum is beyond me. There is nothing paleo or primal about high carb low fat. This quote is exactly what is wrong with this forum these days.
    actually, a substantial portion of ancestral nutrition came from fruit and tubers. the whole "cavemen eat meat" thing seems more like a marketing ploy than anything. sort of like atkins or something. as the ancestral eating movement has progressed, more of the real stuff has come to light.
    I have a lot of hard miles on my body from before I realized I'm not 100% invulnerable. Now I just think I'm 75% invulnerable. -Mr. Anthony

Give me a spouse/life-partner who I don't want to punch in the throat when she talks. -Canio6

Quote Originally Posted by not on the rug View Post
    actually, a substantial portion of ancestral nutrition came from fruit and tubers. the whole "cavemen eat meat" thing seems more like a marketing ploy than anything. sort of like atkins or something. as the ancestral eating movement has progressed, more of the real stuff has come to light.
    really. do people by into this idea that fruit was plentiful? fruit is never plentiful. the window of time when fruit is edible is small, it's usually rotten, dirty, or more often in the hands and mouths of other animals competing for the same fruit. there was plenty of competition for fruit. no human, let alone a human society, could have sustained itself on fruit and tubbers

really. do people by into this idea that fruit was plentiful? fruit is never plentiful. the window of time when fruit is edible is small, it's usually rotten, dirty, or more often in the hands and mouths of other animals competing for the same fruit. there was plenty of competition for fruit. no human, let alone a human society, could have sustained itself on fruit and tubbers
    really. starchy tubers would have made up a large portion of calories consumed back in grok's day. regardless of the prevalence of carbohydrate consumption, even if grok subsisted on his kills alone, it was never any sort of high fat diet. ever. if you believe there is well-marbled game meat out there, I have some ocean front property in kansas to sell you. the high fat thing is pure nonsense. even eating nose to tail, there isn't a whole hell of a lot of fat in the organs or game animals.

Goldie is offline Senior Member

it actually isn't all about insulin. <ducks for cover> sorry...
    this is another point i can't understand. there is literally a huge portion of The Primal Blueprint about why it's all about insulin. I'm pretty sure there is a chapter called "(No Really) It's All About Insulin"

Why are you here? It's a basic tenant of primal.

I think THAT is the problem with this forum. You guys haven't read the book. Or any other books that explain it in black and white. Crazy lady on here talking about how she eats paleo/primal with high carb and low fat and 'not fit but no fat' bullplop.

even eating nose to tail, there isn't a whole hell of a lot of fat in the organs or game animals.
    well your definition of 'hell of a lot of fat' is important, but if you look at the macronutrients in eating an animal it would be high fat and protein, super small carbs. yes, carbs would be in the diet. but nowhere near what anyone would consider 'high carb' or even 'medium carb'

we're talking pre-agricultural revolution here people

And not one of these says low fat high carb. Thank you.

Page 15 of 32 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast