Page 15 of 31 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: This Forum Has Changed A Lot page 15

thehallowprince is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by not on the rug View Post
    actually, a substantial portion of ancestral nutrition came from fruit and tubers. the whole "cavemen eat meat" thing seems more like a marketing ploy than anything. sort of like atkins or something. as the ancestral eating movement has progressed, more of the real stuff has come to light.
    really. do people by into this idea that fruit was plentiful? fruit is never plentiful. the window of time when fruit is edible is small, it's usually rotten, dirty, or more often in the hands and mouths of other animals competing for the same fruit. there was plenty of competition for fruit. no human, let alone a human society, could have sustained itself on fruit and tubbers
    March 1st 2010: 308lbs | CW: 219lbs / 18.5%BF | New Goal: 16% BF
    Male. 28. 6'4''. Currently working on them muscles and strength!

"My chest hair caught fire when I was fighting a bear with a flamethrower, how do I get my hair back?” - Rivvin

Quote Originally Posted by thehallowprince View Post
    really. do people by into this idea that fruit was plentiful? fruit is never plentiful. the window of time when fruit is edible is small, it's usually rotten, dirty, or more often in the hands and mouths of other animals competing for the same fruit. there was plenty of competition for fruit. no human, let alone a human society, could have sustained itself on fruit and tubbers
    really. starchy tubers would have made up a large portion of calories consumed back in grok's day. regardless of the prevalence of carbohydrate consumption, even if grok subsisted on his kills alone, it was never any sort of high fat diet. ever. if you believe there is well-marbled game meat out there, I have some ocean front property in kansas to sell you. the high fat thing is pure nonsense. even eating nose to tail, there isn't a whole hell of a lot of fat in the organs or game animals.

Goldie is offline Senior Member

it actually isn't all about insulin. <ducks for cover> sorry...
    this is another point i can't understand. there is literally a huge portion of The Primal Blueprint about why it's all about insulin. I'm pretty sure there is a chapter called "(No Really) It's All About Insulin"

Why are you here? It's a basic tenant of primal.

I think THAT is the problem with this forum. You guys haven't read the book. Or any other books that explain it in black and white. Crazy lady on here talking about how she eats paleo/primal with high carb and low fat and 'not fit but no fat' bullplop.

even eating nose to tail, there isn't a whole hell of a lot of fat in the organs or game animals.
    well your definition of 'hell of a lot of fat' is important, but if you look at the macronutrients in eating an animal it would be high fat and protein, super small carbs. yes, carbs would be in the diet. but nowhere near what anyone would consider 'high carb' or even 'medium carb'

we're talking pre-agricultural revolution here people

"My chest hair caught fire when I was fighting a bear with a flamethrower, how do I get my hair back?” - Rivvin

And not one of these says low fat high carb. Thank you.

Zanna is offline Senior Member
    I can't believe it took OP 15 pages to finally turn this thread into a classic MDA carb war.

TQP
    TQP is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by thehallowprince View Post
    this is another point i can't understand. there is literally a huge portion of The Primal Blueprint about why it's all about insulin. I'm pretty sure there is a chapter called "(No Really) It's All About Insulin"

Why are you here? It's a basic tenant of primal.

I think THAT is the problem with this forum. You guys haven't read the book. Or any other books that explain it in black and white. Crazy lady on here talking about how she eats paleo/primal with high carb and low fat and 'not fit but no fat' bullplop.

well your definition of 'hell of a lot of fat' is important, but if you look at the macronutrients in eating an animal it would be high fat and protein, super small carbs. yes, carbs would be in the diet. but nowhere near what anyone would consider 'high carb' or even 'medium carb'

we're talking pre-agricultural revolution here people
    Yes...and there are tons of tubers "back then." Wild game is lean, so Grok is high protein not high fat.

Also, I'm not trying to recreate ancestral times...I just want to be healthy. If you personally cannot think about carbs without being dogmatic, that's okay. We don't have to agree on MDA. I'm honestly not in the mood to debate this carbs v. fat thing again.

namelesswonder is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Zanna View Post
    I can't believe it took OP 15 pages to finally turn this thread into a classic MDA carb war.

The OP is exactly the kind of zealot that I am very glad has become pretty rare around here. The Primal Blueprint is not a Bible (and then some will argue that the Bible is not supposed to be used like that either). I really don't understand how people can think that there isn't individual variation. My stress is not your stress. My minerals from local vegetables are not the same as yours. My needs are different. And that does not mean that by-the-book Primal doesn't work for many people because I'm sure it does. I'm just saying it doesn't work for me and I have seen it not work for many other people.

Journal on depression/anxiety
    Curing IBS-C with Vitamin C and magnesium citrate.

Stacy15 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Zanna View Post
    Yep. This is where I exit.

joelwlcx is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Maybe the true paleo enthusiasts are abandoning the internet, and electronics in general. We can only hope...
    "All of God's creatures have a natural habitat... my dinner plate." -Me

Page 15 of 31 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast