Page 14 of 31 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: This Forum Has Changed A Lot page 14

Mr.Perfidy is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Bane View Post
    Hey man!

Still plugging along. I eat more carbs these days, but still shun the bread, pasta, and sugar. I don't fear potatoes like I used to, but I don't eat a lot either.

I'm so used to the 2 meal a day thing I don't think I could ever change. I eat lunch and supper and try to get a stomach full of meat for at least one of them.

One new thing I'm doing is the Resistant Starch deal. I've been taking some unmodified potato starch daily and I like what it's doing for me. I have some crazy ass dreams lately! Here I thought the lucid dream claims by Nikoley were a bunch of bullshit. It's actually surprising.
    can you tell me about this dream thing please?
    "Ah, those endless forests, and their horror-haunted gloom! For what eternities have I wandered through them, a timid, hunted creature, starting at the least sound, frightened of my own shadow, keyed-up, ever alert and vigilant, ready on the instant to dash away in mad flight for my life. For I was the prey of all manner of fierce life that dwelt in the forest, and it was in ecstasies of fear that I fled before the hunting monsters."

Jack london, "Before Adam"

Greenbeast is offline Senior Member
    Hey man!

Still plugging along. I eat more carbs these days, but still shun the bread, pasta, and sugar. I don't fear potatoes like I used to, but I don't eat a lot either.

I'm so used to the 2 meal a day thing I don't think I could ever change. I eat lunch and supper and try to get a stomach full of meat for at least one of them.

One new thing I'm doing is the Resistant Starch deal. I've been taking some unmodified potato starch daily and I like what it's doing for me. I have some crazy ass dreams lately! Here I thought the lucid dream claims by Nikoley were a bunch of bullshit. It's actually surprising.
    First bit sounds just like me, seems to work without tweaks

I have been intrigued by the RS thing, might experiment (have in fact been eating more cooked and cooled potatoes and rice recently in fact)

thehallowprince is offline Senior Member
    I haven't been on here much at all, either. I lurk now and then.

For a while there, it seemed like every time I looked around I was reading about eating high sugar, high carb, or a fight about how stupid Bulletproof Coffee is.

The weird thing for me is that I basically went off the grid for a good year plus, and when I started looking around here and other Paleo/Primal sites, I didn't recognize a lot of things. Beans, potatoes, rice, upping the carbs, cooling it on the fat, etc. A lot of it seems to make sense, it just struck me as weird because I basically made my body changes by doing everything you're not supposed to do now - low carb, lots of meat and fat, no potatoes, etc. It's interesting how things have changed.

Most of the regulars I knew from 2-3 years ago don't seem to be around anymore. Too bad.
    I can agree with that. I can't believe the number of people here who advocate rice and potatoes so much. Sure, if you're fit and it works, yeah. But most people on here are starting from a fat body and want to lose weight and learn about proper diet. So many people here are like "up the carbs, lower the fat" and i'm just like ".... who are these people?"
    March 1st 2010: 308lbs | CW: 219lbs / 18.5%BF | New Goal: 16% BF
    Male. 28. 6'4''. Currently working on them muscles and strength!

"My chest hair caught fire when I was fighting a bear with a flamethrower, how do I get my hair back? - Rivvin

namelesswonder is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by thehallowprince View Post
    I can agree with that. I can't believe the number of people here who advocate rice and potatoes so much. Sure, if you're fit and it works, yeah. But most people on here are starting from a fat body and want to lose weight and learn about proper diet. So many people here are like "up the carbs, lower the fat" and i'm just like ".... who are these people?"
    The thing is, some of these people are NOT fit and it works (higher carb and lower fat). Proper diet does not have to be low carb. Sometimes low carb just doesn't work, and we don't have the answers for everyone. I think it's important to encourage people to figure out what works for themselves, and that means seeing lots of different options.

I'm not fat or fit, yet I eat higher carb and am not gaining fat.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Quote Originally Posted by Markbt View Post
    Despite what Mark himself believes, this place is going to the high sugar calorie counters. This isn't weight watchers. Count nothing, put butter on everything!
    A+++++++

"My chest hair caught fire when I was fighting a bear with a flamethrower, how do I get my hair back? - Rivvin

Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    The thing is, some of these people are NOT fit and it works (higher carb and lower fat). Proper diet does not have to be low carb. Sometimes low carb just doesn't work, and we don't have the answers for everyone. I think it's important to encourage people to figure out what works for themselves, and that means seeing lots of different options.

I'm not fat or fit, yet I eat higher carb and am not gaining fat.
    Just because you're not gaining fat or not fat now doesn't mean you are healthy. This is explained very clearly in The Primal Blueprint.

Additionally I call complete bullshit on this "what works for some doesn't work for others."

BALONEY!

Humans share 99% of their DNA with chimps. They share even more DNA with other human (obviously). For overweight unhealthy individuals looking to lose weight, a low carb, high fat, high protein diet is the way to go. It is all about insulin. Period.

You are either healthy or unhealthy. There is no middle ground.

Just because you're not gaining fat or not fat now doesn't mean you are healthy. This is explained very clearly in The Primal Blueprint.

Additionally I call complete bullshit on this "what works for some doesn't work for others."

BALONEY!

Humans share 99% of their DNA with chimps. They share even more DNA with other human (obviously). For overweight unhealthy individuals looking to lose weight, a low carb, high fat, high protein diet is the way to go. It is all about insulin. Period.

potatoes/sweet potatoes, fruit, white rice, etc are all healthy food choices. there isn't anything in those foods that is unhealthy. so eat up.

it actually isn't all about insulin. <ducks for cover> sorry...

TQP
    TQP is offline Senior Member

BALONEY!

Oh please. Apparently grok drank vats of fat and wild game is full of animal fats right?

If you want to shun carbs that is fine, more carbs for us.

Quote Originally Posted by TQP View Post
    Oh please. Apparently grok drank vats of fat and wild game is full of animal fats right?
    Grok didn't eat rice and potatoes all day. He ate meat. He ate what he killed.

Quote Originally Posted by TQP View Post
    If you want to shun carbs that is fine, more carbs for us.
    Why anyone who is so into carbs and low fat is on this forum is beyond me. There is nothing paleo or primal about high carb low fat. This quote is exactly what is wrong with this forum these days.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Why anyone who is so into carbs and low fat is on this forum is beyond me. There is nothing paleo or primal about high carb low fat. This quote is exactly what is wrong with this forum these days.
    actually, a substantial portion of ancestral nutrition came from fruit and tubers. the whole "cavemen eat meat" thing seems more like a marketing ploy than anything. sort of like atkins or something. as the ancestral eating movement has progressed, more of the real stuff has come to light.

Page 14 of 31 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast