Page 11 of 32 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: This Forum Has Changed A Lot page 11

Daemonized is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I still lurk and read MDA once in a while. I must admit that we did have a lot of real characters here back in the day.

The thing with me is that I've been pretty happy with the food I eat and workouts for a long time now. I my just out here enjoying the primal lifestyle and not arguing about carbs and IF with anyone.

TQP
    TQP is offline Senior Member
    Disagreeing with M... Austin TX was pretty much amazing, but ummm I'm not going to convince any more people to live there because apparently everyone is already moving there... which sucks, because I eventually want to buy a house/apt/condo/shoebox there. I love that city.

I just moved to NYC because I wanted to challenge myself. I love NYC too though. The energy and drive of everyone here are so inspiring.
    JOURNAL.

Gelatin/bone broth recipes blog. (Latest recipe: Favorite Smoothies Recipes!)

Professional Style Website. (Latest features: Andrea, Random House Author; Tara, Digital Media Producer)

Sweatpants are a sign of defeat. You lost control of your life so you bought some sweatpants.- Karl Lagerfeld

Stacy15 is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorbag View Post
    I know the north, I stayed in northern Europe for years, very cold and dark in the winter time! I like this climate better though, if I want a cooler climate I head for the mountains here…
    Yep, the cold and darkness get old fast. Would love to live somewhere hot and sunny year-round, but with a very very tiny population like I have now.

MEversbergII is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TQP View Post
    Disagreeing with M... Austin TX was pretty much amazing, but ummm I'm not going to convince any more people to live there because apparently everyone is already moving there... which sucks, because I eventually want to buy a house/apt/condo/shoebox there. I love that city.

I just moved to NYC because I wanted to challenge myself. I love NYC too though. The energy and drive of everyone here are so inspiring.
    Texas isn't in the West, though, so we don't have to disagree

Well, I guess technically it IS "west" of here...or "east" if you just keep going...but regardless, I really meant the west coast.

I've always wanted to check out NYC though.

M.

accidentalpancake is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MEversbergII View Post
    Texas isn't in the West, though, so we don't have to disagree

Well, I guess technically it IS "west" of here...or "east" if you just keep going...but regardless, I really meant the west coast.

I've always wanted to check out NYC though.

M.
    NYC is nice, but only for vacation, IMO. San Francisco is the same (going in June!). Texas is hard to beat for all-around lifestyle. No state taxes, decent (if mostly schizophrenic) weather, decent diversity in metro areas (DFW, Austin, Houston, San Antonio), hub for lots of major corporations. The biggest downside for me is the inability to travel long distances via bike. I live ~20 miles from work, and if there were a safe route I'd be biking that a couple times a week.
    I got 99 problems but a pancake ain't one...

My Journal

Height: 6'3"
    SW (Feb 2012): 278
    SBF: 26% (Scale)
    CW (May 2014): 198
    CBF: 14.5% (Scale)
    GW: ~190-205
    GBF: ~12%

Drumroll is online now Senior Member
    Whoa...

There are real faces behind these posts?!?

I swear... As long as I've been here I would have figured you all as spam bots! In fact, the only reason I was sticking around in the meantime was because I am fascinated by AI programming.
    "The cling and a clang is the metal in my head when I walk. I hear a sort of, this tinging noise - cling clang. The cling clang. So many things happen while walking. The metal in my head clangs and clings as I walk - freaks my balance out. So the natural thought is just clogged up. Totally clogged up. So we need to unplug these dams, and make the the natural flow... It sort of freaks me out. We need to unplug the dams. You cannot stop the natural flow of thought with a cling and a clang..."

MEversbergII is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by accidentalpancake View Post
    NYC is nice, but only for vacation, IMO. San Francisco is the same (going in June!). Texas is hard to beat for all-around lifestyle. No state taxes, decent (if mostly schizophrenic) weather, decent diversity in metro areas (DFW, Austin, Houston, San Antonio), hub for lots of major corporations. The biggest downside for me is the inability to travel long distances via bike. I live ~20 miles from work, and if there were a safe route I'd be biking that a couple times a week.
    There's also political associations that would be pretty off-putting.

M.

TQP
    TQP is offline Senior Member
    NYC is wonderful...it's hard to adapt to for a girl like me but in the end I love it...through the pangs of missing Texas everything... hah.

Yes you're paying $$$$ to live in a shoebox but there's a reason why people still live here...Broadway, Central Park, MET/MOMA, the little neighborhoods (jackson heights for Little India/South American food stands/Indian spice shops, my neighborhood for Middle Eastern/Italian shops, Brighton Beach for Eastern European stores/restaurants, Chinatown...) that make you feel like you're in a different country, the street arts and music and live performers every corner, the fact that Times Square is HOPPIN' at 2am on a Sunday when it's freezing cold, the diversity in streetstyle, the various people's ambitions meshing and clashing...

It's all very inspirational...and a place for me to learn what I like, what I don't like. Everything and everyone's here. It's not where one can get COMFORTABLE...but comfortable means I'm not being challenged to grow as a person. I don't want to be just comfortable. It's nice to wake up daily to a battlefield because that's who I am.
    Last edited by TQP; 04-08-2014 at 01:58 PM.
    JOURNAL.

Gelatin/bone broth recipes blog. (Latest recipe: Favorite Smoothies Recipes!)

Professional Style Website. (Latest features: Andrea, Random House Author; Tara, Digital Media Producer)

Sweatpants are a sign of defeat. You lost control of your life so you bought some sweatpants.- Karl Lagerfeld

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by edennperez1 View Post
    Dang! Now I feel left out. Who lives in SoUthern California, lifts heavy and isn't out on parole?
    Darn, I was *this* close to meeting your criteria.

Quote Originally Posted by counterpuncher View Post
    Yeah...this past winter was brutal, even for those of us who actually like winter to an extent.
    This past winter WAS brutal. All those hot sunny days were really starting to grate on me. It's not natural to ride my motorcycle in a tank top and shorts in January.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 170 x 3. Current Deadlift: 220 x 3

Wildrose is online now Senior Member
    Since we're talking about where we live now, can I send out a shout out for Calgary? The weather is pretty changeable... the running joke is, don't like the weather? Wait five minutes... but I really love this town. The winters can be harsh but there's always the occasional Chinook to brighten things up. Plenty of green space, the mountains to hike through, lots of good shopping, nice people... I like this place better than Ontario. And a LOT better than Winnipeg, aka Winterpeg.

Page 11 of 32 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast