Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Salmon fishcakes page

SpiritWarrior is offline Member

Salmon fishcakes

Shop Now
    Not my recipe got it from ( http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Grandma...es/Detail.aspx ) tried this tonight and was really good. next time i will add some chilli and jalapenos.

Ingredients
    1 (14.75 ounce) can salmon, drained and flaked
    2 eggs, beaten
    1 small onion, diced
    1 teaspoon ground black pepper
    3 tablespoons vegetable oil => I used coconut oil instead

Directions
    1.Pick through the salmon and remove any bones. In a mixing bowl, beat the eggs and add the diced onion, salmon and pepper. Mix thoroughly.
    2.Shape into 2 ounce patties; about 7 or 8 patties. In a large skillet over medium heat, heat the oil. Fry each patty for 5 minutes on each side or until crispy and golden brown.

nuttykitchen is offline Senior Member
    Hello Spirit Warrior, this looks fabulous. We use coconut oil, and don't even have any vegetable oil in the house. Check out MDA's http://www.marksdailyapple.com/healthy-oils/

We will have to give these a try, thanks!
    Nutty Kitchen

cook for life!

Rosegin is offline Senior Member
    That's the same recipe I use, pretty much, accept I add a little almond flour. Also, don't remove the bones! They're good for you!
    ~Sandy

Spinner is offline Senior Member
    I do something simular with crab, only adding minced red and green bell peppers, and green onion that I saute up and cool before making. These are SUPER delicate, and you gotta form them gently, not like a meat patty. But they are soooo good and I serve them with a lemon and garlic aioli...
    Every day is another stitch in the quilt of life.
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    Re-Start date 6/23/2011
    me--Post pregnancy --mama to a beautiful baby boy--
    273.4/269.3/115
    Hubby--230/227.8/165

Marisa is offline Senior Member
    Looks like we have one can each of red salmon and pink salmon, I'll have to try it with each and record the results! Yum!

(predicting red will be better and more flavorful!)

breadsauce is offline Senior Member
    Looks good - I'll give these a whirl! Some chopped cilantro and lime zest added perhaps?

scubasam is offline Senior Member
    Adding Indian spices (madras curry, garam masala and a bit of cinnamon) will make those even more amazing.

maba is offline Senior Member
    I add a bit of coconut flour to help bind the cakes. In addition to your ingredients, I add chopped green chilli, finely chopped/grated ginger and garlic, cumin powder, finely chopped cilantro for an Indian version. One of these days, I might try coating it with almond flour for a "battered" effect.

I am going to make these for breakfast right now - they sound so good and I am tired of my usual eggs.

Quote Originally Posted by maba View Post
    I add a bit of coconut flour to help bind the cakes. In addition to your ingredients, I add chopped green chilli, finely chopped/grated ginger and garlic, cumin powder, finely chopped cilantro for an Indian version. One of these days, I might try coating it with almond flour for a "battered" effect.
    I just made tuna patties (slightly different recipe than above, but with cumin, garlic, ginger, coriander cardamom) for breakfast and covered half of them in unsweetened shredded coconut - they were amazing. The ones with the coconut were definitely much yummier (and I cooked them in olive oil).

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast