Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Salmon fishcakes

Shop Now
    We love salmon patties here, me and the kids anyway! I call them fish burgers. We always squish up the bones, good calcium there! I like adding Old Bay seasoning and some almond flour for binding as well. My friend just made some w/ shredded coconut and said it was delicious. I prefer to fry them but I do sometimes bake them, the texture just isn't as nice.

Just made these except I used a can of tuna (in brine) instead and chives from the garden. They were delicious, and so cheap! I served them with a small salad and some tomato chutney.

Quote Originally Posted by breadsauce View Post
    Looks good - I'll give these a whirl! Some chopped cilantro and lime zest added perhaps?
    I second the cilantro addition. I used to make "healthy" salmon cakes back pre-PB, but there were breadcrumbs in them. Also cilantro and water chestnuts, which added that artificial crunchiness.

Come to think of it, are water chestnuts considered primal?

I'm thinking these would taste awesome fried in bacon fat. I've got a can of salmon in the pantry; I think I'll try this for lunch.

For those who do not normally like salmon, this recipe may be for you. It was a turning point for me in my relationship with salmon. I added fresh dill and fresh parsley, which gave the cakes a "garden fresh" taste and smell. Delicious!

Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by goodangels View Post
    I'm thinking these would taste awesome fried in bacon fat. I've got a can of salmon in the pantry; I think I'll try this for lunch.
    Okay, just had these for lunch with a side salad. Added a bit of coconut, as suggested by the others, some chili peppers, some parsley and fried them till crispy in bacon fat. OMG. Delish. Plan to eat these at least once a week. Once a batch is fried up, I can put them in fridge and reheat as needed. Wonder if they freeze okay?