Thread: Freakin' finally page

onionparsleysage is offline Junior Member

Freakin' finally

Primal Fuel
    My body tends to do really well on a primal diet, but I have been yo-yoing due to difficulty maintaining the diet. This time I've been doing a slow changeover and I feel like it's finally a lifestyle change. I gave up gluten as part of my Lenten sacrifices, and God's strength is keeping me going.

Step 1: Gluten-free (mid-March)
    Step 2: Low sugar - 1 tsp of raw sugar in morning coffee
    Step 3: Low fructose & fibrous veggies - less for primal reasons than for my colitis
    Step 4: Reduce gluten-free replacements. I try to focus my meals around meat/eggs, with a handful of veggies thrown in.

I am still eating my protein bars for breakfast. I'd like to find an alternative but get very nauseous from many foods at that time of day. (low fat, fast, low/no smell, sufficient protein) So, soy is still here for the time being. I've done intermittent fasting in the past but found it was exacerbating my nausea to not eat breakfast. It's a work in progress

I bought a whole bunch of beef on sale recently to up my red meat intake. I'd like to add in some organ meats... but baby steps! I feel better eating less carbs so that will be my newest focus. Plus, who can turn down steak for dinner??

Hannakb is online now Senior Member
    You could always skip breakfast if your body doesn't want to eat.
    Just make sure you eat enough the rest of the day

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk

Made a delicious pot of rasberry iced tea yesterday to satisfy some of my sugar cravings... and drank the whole thing! Loving this whole herbal tea kick.

I'm thinking of trying one of the Luna bars for breakfast in my next grocery order. I used to be really sensitive to nuts from the colitis, but I think it's healed enough to be able to try that. *fingers crossed*

This weekend has been a tough one, as there's a bunch of free junk food at a work conference. Holding strong, though! And have a delicious fatty duck breast on top of my fridge just waiting to be roasted to awesome.

Finals month is NOT the time to be messing up this diet... ugh... free pizza everywhere and the gluten makes me feel like $hit.

Today's menu plan:

Breakfast: Applegate breakfast sausages, coffee w/maple syrup & milk
    Portable work food: Roasted sweet potato, Cottage cheese (bought fat-free by mistake. blech), Dates
    Filet mignon at dinner! (nom nom nom)

bullymama is offline Senior Member
    Good luck, onionparsleysage! I've been trying different organ meats in the last week myself. Had some chicken gizzards last weekend and thought they were rather tasty. Also chicken livers, and this morning I ate beef liver
    I make chicken hearts for my dogs often but i myslef haven't tried them yet. Small steps though, right?

K-Tel Records is offline Senior Member
    "FreakinFinally"....haha I know right? Love that title. I feel the same way since I just started Monday myself!

I also want to up my beef intake. I went to Whole Foods yesterday and happened upon some frozen beef bones, i'm gonna make the broth in a crockpot this weekend. they were $2.99/lb. Their meat prices are too high for me, I may stop by HEB or Central Market this weekend and shop around.

Quote Originally Posted by K-Tel Records View Post
    "FreakinFinally"....haha I know right? Love that title. I feel the same way since I just started Monday myself!

I also want to up my beef intake. I went to Whole Foods yesterday and happened upon some frozen beef bones, i'm gonna make the broth in a crockpot this weekend. they were $2.99/lb. Their meat prices are too high for me, I may stop by HEB or Central Market this weekend and shop around.
    Haha, yeah... definitely can't afford Whole Paycheck regularly!

I am soooo happy with my sale beef. Grassfed & tender - yummmm.
    I keep ending up making popcorn in the evening to satisfy SAD cravings. Better than brownies but still not ideal.

Today's menu plan:
    Breakfast: handful of almonds & coffee w/milk
    Morning snack: roasted sweet potato & jasmine/green iced tea
    Lunch: chuck steak in bacon grease
    Dinner: sweet potatoes & sunbutter; egg salad

This week's revelation: I can happily eat almonds without GI distress now... used to be intolerant of all nuts. I limit myself to a small handful per day, but it's a good sign of gut healing!

K-Tel Records is offline Senior Member
    I know about that popcorn, it's my favorite salty/crunchy carb (and pretzels). Lastnight for "dinner" I caved and ate Vic's Lite popcorn and an entire bar of Godiva dark chocolate (3.5 oz). I didn't beat myself up about it this morning though, just kept it moving.