Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I'm sure I can't possibly be eating enough page

Fdispenza is offline Senior Member

I'm sure I can't possibly be eating enough

Primal Fuel
    I'm trying to get a handle on this new way of eating. Yesterday my menu was:

Ham and cheese omelette
    Pork Loin - 8 ounce
    Sweet Potato 4 ounce
    Green Giant Anti Oxidant Blend - Steamed Vegetables, 0.5 cup
    Topping From 2 slices of pizza, no crust (I like the ooey gooey mozzarella)
    A shake made with Fage whole milk Greek yogurt, 0.5 cup; Almondmilk and Coconutmilk blend, unsweetended, 1.5 cup; Pure Whey Protein 1 scoop.

I did not account for the amount of Half & Half I use in my coffee, which over the course of a day is maybe 1/4 - 1/3 cup at most.

I was not hungry last night, so I did not force myself to eat anything.

Roughly, according to myfitnesspal, my breakdown was:
    Calories 1,354;
    Carbs, 46 g 14%;
    Fat 74 g 49 %;
    Protein 133 g 39%

I'm not sure if this is decent, or where I can improve. Remember, I'm male 5'5" 200 lbs, roughly 28-30% body fat, goal is about 170-175, 15-16% bodyfat. Am I on track, or way off? Suggestions welcome (of course, or I wouldn't have asked ).
    "Our dearest friend banished, Loki on the throne, Asgard on the brink of war, yet you've managed to consume four wild boars, six pheasants, a side of beef, and two casks of ale. Shame on you, don't you care?"

Tom B-D is offline Senior Member
    Did you do a BMR calc? You probably need about 1,800-1,900 calories if you just lie around all day, so, yeah, 1,354 is way under. I think calorie restriction for weight loss is not supposed to go below 20% of what you need for your activity level...something you can look up...but if you're not hungry and you have energy, your body could be burning up stored fat, which is great. You're exercising, I hope? That's the best way to get to your goals, and a good barometer on how much you're eating--if you don't have energy for exercise, you need to eat more!

Yes, my calorie reqs. based on BMR and TDEE come out to 2400 +/- to maintain; 1600-1700 +/- BMR; 1800-1900 for weight loss. I do work out, weight lifting 3-4 x / week. I work out for about an hour each time, but I could go more. I don't do cardio like I used to, but I'm going to try to work it in again. So, no lack of workout energy. I certainly hope I am beginning to use stored fat. I am less concerned about what the scales says than what the tape measure around my waist says. Right now, not happy @ 40-41".
    "Our dearest friend banished, Loki on the throne, Asgard on the brink of war, yet you've managed to consume four wild boars, six pheasants, a side of beef, and two casks of ale. Shame on you, don't you care?"

not on the rug is offline Senior Member
    is this all broken down in to 3 meals?

were you hungry?
    I have a lot of hard miles on my body from before I realized I'm not 100% invulnerable. Now I just think I'm 75% invulnerable. -Mr. Anthony

Give me a spouse/life-partner who I don't want to punch in the throat when she talks. -Canio6

It was two meals and a snack:

Meal 1, morning:
    Ham and cheese omelette

Meal 2, lunch:

Pork loin - 8 ounce
    Sweet potato 4 ounce
    Green Giant Anti Oxidant Blend Vegetables, 0.5 cup
    Topping from 2 slices of pizza, no crust.

Late afternoon "snack":
    A shake made with Fage whole milk Greek yogurt, 0.5 cup; Almondmilk and Coconutmilk blend, unsweetended, 1.5 cup; Pure Whey Protein 1 scoop.

Nope, I wasn't hungry even by evening.

Nivanthe is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fdispenza View Post
    1600-1700 +/- BMR; 1800-1900 for weight loss.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fdispenza View Post
    Roughly, according to myfitnesspal, my breakdown was: Calories 1,354;
    If you're not hungry, fine; but you've sort of answered your own question.

Mr. Anthony is online now Senior Member
    My general prescription in these situations is to find a way to add a steak and a few more eggs.

But really, any good food works.

not on the rug is offline Senior Member
    personally, i'd be starving. i also eat more protein and carbs, and probably a little less fat than that.

what is your activity level? exercise? desk job?

i don't think you need to forcefeed yourself because somebody else says so. if you aren't hungry, then that is fine. some days you'll eat more than others

do you not like veggies? 1/2 cup is like 3 forkfulls. if i'm making a frozen veg, i usually eat between 2-3 cups of them.
    I have a lot of hard miles on my body from before I realized I'm not 100% invulnerable. Now I just think I'm 75% invulnerable. -Mr. Anthony

Give me a spouse/life-partner who I don't want to punch in the throat when she talks. -Canio6

Quote Originally Posted by Nivanthe View Post
    If you're not hungry, fine; but you've sort of answered your own question.
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by not on the rug View Post
    personally, i'd be starving. i also eat more protein and carbs, and probably a little less fat than that.

what is your activity level? exercise? desk job?
    Yes, desk job. Except for my workouts and some housework, not much else activity. I'd much rather be doing a physical job during the day, but we know how it goes.

do you not like veggies? 1/2 cup is like 3 forkfulls. if i'm making a frozen veg, i usually eat between 2-3 cups of them.
    I'm not wildly keen on vegs. unless they're prepared certain ways by other people. I won't prepare them (they suck when I do). I don't eat salads when I'm at a restaurant, I pass them up, for example. I'm learning how to make palatable green smoothies in the blender, not juicer. I'd prefer to drink vegs rather than eat them.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast