Thread: Interesting article about Noah movie page

Hedonist2 is offline Senior Member

Interesting article about Noah movie

Primal Fuel
    I am neither Christian nor anti-Christian. I just found this article interesting:
    Sorry, Darren Aronofsky: God Is Not a Vegetarian - Joel S. Baden - POLITICO Magazine
    Ancestral Health Info - My blog about Primal and the general ancestral health movement. Site just remodeled using HTML5/CSS3 instead of Wordpress.

sjmc is offline Senior Member
    I don't know what it has to do with Christianity. Seems like any other case of a film adaptation of a book.

ELizabeth826 is offline Senior Member
    But also, why is Noah white and British?
    Taking White Noah To Its Logical Conclusion
    No disease that can be treated by diet should be treated with any other means.
    -Maimonodies

TheyCallMeLazarus is offline Senior Member
    Noah is white and British because it was very common in ancient Israel 4000 years ago to have Caucasion, fair skinned people. It is the same reason that Jesus was apparently Scandinavian as well, complete with blue eyes.....Fins and Norwegians are actually the direct descendents of ancient Jews in the Middle East. That is why all Biblical figures are pale skinned and equipped with icy piercing blue eyes.... Didn't they teach people this in Sunday School?
    "They now look to a single and splendid government of an aristocracy, founded on banking institutions, and moneyed incorporations under the guise and cloak of their favored branches of manufactures, commerce and navigation, riding and ruling over the plundered ploughman and beggared yeomanry." - Thomas Jefferson, 1826

Jefferson1775 is online now Senior Member
    Aronosky's a talented director, but Noah had some "interesting" interpretations in it. I suppose that'll happen when you try to adapt a 4 page story into a 2+ hour movie. So, it wasn't very Bible-accurate but was definitely entertaining.
    In matters of style, swim with the current. In matters of principle, stand like a rock.

This message has been intercepted by the NSA, the only branch of government that listens.

ELizabeth826 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TheyCallMeLazarus View Post
    Noah is white and British because it was very common in ancient Israel 4000 years ago to have Caucasion, fair skinned people. It is the same reason that Jesus was apparently Scandinavian as well, complete with blue eyes.....Fins and Norwegians are actually the direct descendents of ancient Jews in the Middle East. That is why all Biblical figures are pale skinned and equipped with icy piercing blue eyes.... Didn't they teach people this in Sunday School?
    Well that's the problem then, I never went to Sunday school. My mistake, carry on.
    No disease that can be treated by diet should be treated with any other means.
    -Maimonodies

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jefferson1775 View Post
    Aronosky's a talented director, but Noah had some "interesting" interpretations in it. I suppose that'll happen when you try to adapt a 4 page story into a 2+ hour movie. So, it wasn't very Bible-accurate but was definitely entertaining.
    It also happens when an Atheist environmental activist decides to make a movie about a Christian story. Epic fail.

TheyCallMeLazarus is offline Senior Member
    In all (ok, limited) seriousness, there are a few relevent things about the movie and its story.

1) It is not based on the Bible. It is based clearly on Ari Handel's graphic novel, hence the setup early in the movie, the angels in the movie, etc. All of it was taken directly from the graphic novel. A purely literal version would make very bad theater.
    2) That is an Old Testament Jewish story, with a lineage going back even further than that....ancient Egyptian stories contain a similar flood, for similar reasons. To say it is a Christian story alone is to place its origins about 5000 years (it is first mentioned in the story of the Egyptian God Horus) after it first appeared.
    3) Very well-done movie, all together. I expected it to be terrible.
    "They now look to a single and splendid government of an aristocracy, founded on banking institutions, and moneyed incorporations under the guise and cloak of their favored branches of manufactures, commerce and navigation, riding and ruling over the plundered ploughman and beggared yeomanry." - Thomas Jefferson, 1826

Reindeer is offline Senior Member
    “environmental paganism”? What did I miss?