Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Television Commercials page

thehallowprince is offline Senior Member

Red face Television Commercials

Shop Now
    So I haven't had cable in years... about 3 years now, simply because i'm poor as fuck... I have nothing at all but Netflix.

Now i'm less poor as fuck... and while I technically could afford cable now I don't have it. Internet and Netflix is good enough for me.

So... I haven't really seen many commercials for a long time. But I'm at my parents house right now and they're watching TV and DAAAAMN...

Every commercial break is stuffed with the shittiest junk food, fast food, and all around crap... ... and then advertisements for things like DailyBurn.com and Weight Watchers.

I'm so glad I'm away from this stuff and it's clear why some people struggle. I've seen the same KFC commercials so many times in the last half hour it almost makes we want to get a bucket...

EDIT: It meant to put this in the Odds & Ins sections....
    March 1st 2010: 308lbs | CW: 222lbs / 25.2%BF | New Goal: 20% BF
    Male. 28. 6'4''. Currently working on them muscles and strength!

"My chest hair caught fire when I was fighting a bear with a flamethrower, how do I get my hair back? - Rivvin

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    I find commercials to be a good guide as to what not to eat. Any company paying for national tv ads is also generally paying for pretty packaging, etc., leaving very little money for their food to have any nutritional value. There are a few exceptions, but they're rare.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Stacy15 is online now Senior Member
    I choose not to have cable. I get to hear about all the newest fast food items thanks to co-workers. Lucky me. All I can think is how sad it is that they come to work and thats what they talk about.

Quote Originally Posted by Stacy15 View Post
    I choose not to have cable. I get to hear about all the newest fast food items thanks to co-workers. Lucky me. All I can think is how sad it is that they come to work and thats what they talk about.
    Same here! Pretty sad indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    I find commercials to be a good guide as to what not to eat. Any company paying for national tv ads is also generally paying for pretty packaging, etc., leaving very little money for their food to have any nutritional value. There are a few exceptions, but they're rare.
    Yeah I've tried to explain this idea to people too. "Delicious meats and fresh vegetables don't need commercials. They transcend time. If they is a commercial for it, chances are it's not good for you."

"My chest hair caught fire when I was fighting a bear with a flamethrower, how do I get my hair back? - Rivvin

Mr. Anthony is online now Senior Member
    I recently got rid of DirecTV. It wasn't a money issue--I just finally got on the Netflix wagon, and after about a month I realized I was barely using it any more, and my contract was up, so I just ditched it. Even keeping up with current episodes of shows I used to DVR is pretty easy, and even buying episodes through Xbox, I come out something like $50 ahead every month. Live sporting events I want to see get watched with friends at a sports bar, or at one of their places (I can still get PPV fights and stuff via Xbox if I feel like hosting). Easy. I don't miss the terrible commercials at all, and the really good/funny ones end up getting shared on Facebook or whatever, so I can see them if I want.

Blacksmith is online now Senior Member
    I just ditched directv also and got Netflix. Way more stuff I want to watch no commercials save a ton of cash.

My kids don't get suckered into begging me for junk in not going to buy anyway. It's a win win.
    I find your lack of bacon disturbing.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Anthony View Post
    Easy. I don't miss the terrible commercials at all, and the really good/funny ones end up getting shared on Facebook or whatever, so I can see them if I want.
    Truthfully I think a lot of younger people are finding this to be true (younger meaning 35 years old and below)

Quote Originally Posted by Blacksmith View Post
    I just ditched directv also and got Netflix. Way more stuff I want to watch no commercials save a ton of cash.

My kids don't get suckered into begging me for junk in not going to buy anyway. It's a win win.
    I tried to explain this to my friend with a kid and she said, "But i love commercials." ... wat?

Blacksmith is online now Senior Member
    Most commercials and for crap food I don't eat and medicines that you wouldn't need most likely if you stop eating crap for food.
    I find your lack of bacon disturbing.

Quote Originally Posted by Blacksmith View Post
    Most commercials and for crap food I don't eat and medicines that you wouldn't need most likely if you stop eating crap for food.
    Yeah, I forgot about the massive amount of prescription drugs advertised.

Stacy15 is online now Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    I will say the only commercials I miss are for movies. I like seeing movies and have no idea what's out or coming out. But again...co-workers come in handy for this as well.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast