Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: banana "ice cream" page

wildwoman is offline Junior Member

banana "ice cream"

Primal Fuel
    Just got back from the store. Going to make banana ice cream tonight. So amazing and simple. One ingredient - bananas! Peel a couple ripe bananas, cut into thirds or fourths and freeze. When ready, place frozen bananas into magic bullet, ninja or similar appliance and pulse. At first not much seems to happen but then the bananas become a soft serve! DO NOT add any juice etc. ONLY bananas. Put right into bowl and top with crushed nuts of choice. I might use a drizzle of chocolate agave or a small amount of dark chocolate. If desired, place soft serve into freezer for a while to firm up more before serving.

MeatMe216 is offline Senior Member
    frozen bananas and chilled coconut milk blended is really good too.
    I like to add almond butter and cocoa powder
    nom nom nom nom

zorba is offline Member
    Add a few frozen strawberries and a dash of either stevia or vanilla extract and it tastes like the frozen yogurt at yogen fruz (for you canadians).

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member
    I just made ice cream using coconut milk and a banana. Working on the blog post now.

rphlslv is offline Senior Member
    I love frozen 'nanas!!!
    .`.><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>
    ><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>

Nazri_PB is offline Junior Member
    dont use agave its highly processed and really and truely is just as bag as high fructose corn syrup. if banana is ripe enough do not need any added agave. Honey would have seemed like a better option...IF U MUST use a sweetner. Agave is 90% fructose, processed at very high heats

Khrystyna is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nazri_PB View Post
    dont use agave its highly processed and really and truely is just as bag as high fructose corn syrup. if banana is ripe enough do not need any added agave. Honey would have seemed like a better option...IF U MUST use a sweetner. Agave is 90% fructose, processed at very high heats
    Ya I agree but even honeys not great at all either with the fructose content. I use stevia myself.
    My primal adventures:
    http://foodfloraandfelines.blogspot.com/
    Cooking, nutrition, gardening, foraging, preserving, photography

Carnivore is offline Member
    I love banana "ice cream" - so yummy! My kids don't seem to be able to tell the difference. They ask for it all the time! I have to be careful though, too many bananas causes me to gain weight.

chia is offline Senior Member
    depending on who you are, this is still a high sugar treat...if you're lean and your body is efficient, it should be fine, but for those wishing to lose some fat...I would reserve this treat for ONLY AFTER a good workout...and even then, rarely. It is fabulous though... if you sprinkle cocoa powder in it...as it's pureeing....and then a bit of stevia and vanilla ..puree some more...it's amazing! I always have half, frozen avacados handy too, in case I run out of fresh ones, and throwing a half of that in makes it even more rich and creamy. :-) like chocolate pudding..... mmm..

Khrystyna is offline Senior Member
    Does anyone have any bright ideas for replacing the banana with something else? I'm pretty badly intolerant to bananas and avocados are a complete no go so it can be hard to find something thickening for desserts like this.
    My primal adventures:
    http://foodfloraandfelines.blogspot.com/
    Cooking, nutrition, gardening, foraging, preserving, photography

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast