Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Randal's (AKA, Texas Grok) 90 day countdown to greatness! page

texas.grok is offline Senior Member

Randal's (AKA, Texas Grok) 90 day countdown to greatness!

Primal Fuel
    Ok, maybe not greatness but at least a hell of a lot better than I have been doing.

Why 90 days you ask? Ok, you didn't ask but I'm telling you anyway. SHHH! Don't tell my family!

I'm heading back to the US in 90 days for 5 weeks off. I want to step out of the airport and greet my family and see the look on their faces when I'm lean and mean(er) than when I left Houston back in February.

I have the tools at my disposal just a matter of using them and it will be my own damn fault if I don't do this.

What I have been doing is starting to get up earlier in the morning. I was getting up at 6.30 now I have worked it back to 6 am. My goal being 5.30 am to have time to do some jogging/sprints before I go to work.

Also been doing cold water showers just to "embrace the suck" but I'm actually starting to look forward to the damn things.

So goal for tomorrow (last day of work over here before our weekend), up at 6 am, cold water shower then to work for our half day on Thursday. Back to my apartment for a hour (at least) walk and then some TRX work.

Also will plan out an exercise schedule over the weekend.

I have sand (lots and lots of sand), old tires, a sledgehammer, sandbags, etc. There is no reason why I can't do this.

More tomorrow!

Did you know that the hot shower to cold water shower is called the James Bond shower? Apparently Bond did it in the books, just found out about it yesterday. Go figure.
    Randal
    AKA: Texas Grok

Quote Originally Posted by texas.grok View Post
    Facebook is to intelligence what a black hole is to light
    http://hardcoremind.com/

Urban Forager is online now Senior Member
    TG are you going to document (in pictures) this countdown for your internet friends? I have every faith in your ability to achieve greatness, after all you're already pretty badass!
    Life is death. We all take turns. It's sacred to eat during our turn and be eaten when our turn is over. RichMahogany.

Quote Originally Posted by Urban Forager View Post
    TG are you going to document (in pictures) this countdown for your internet friends? I have every faith in your ability to achieve greatness, after all you're already pretty badass!
    Damn! Guess I'm going to have to now, thanks a lot!

Quote Originally Posted by Urban Forager View Post
    after all you're already pretty badass!
    I am? I mean, HELL YEA I AM!!
    Randal

Jefferson1775 is online now Senior Member
    Good luck texas.grok! I'll be following this.
    In matters of style, swim with the current. In matters of principle, stand like a rock.

This message has been intercepted by the NSA, the only branch of government that listens.

Today is day 91 (yes, I know I said 90 days, leave me alone).

Half day at work and my planning day on how I'm going to do this 90 day transformation.

With the lack (and aversion) of gyms, it will be bodyweight focused and also using an eclectic lineup of other tools such as sandbags, sledgehammers, old tires, rope and a pull-up bar if I can ever get the cement poured to set the damn thing.

Pictures and stats tonight on where I am now and where I have come from.
    Randal

As suggested, here are a couple of photos from my current state of physical fitness.

I'm currently about 230 lbs. my scales are crappy here and in kilos but that seems to be about right. This is down from almost 290 lbs. about 3 years ago.

About the only halfway "toned" part of me is my legs, guess they have gotten in pretty decent shape hauling my butt around.

My program will be mainly bodyweight exercises for now.

Randal

First day back to work after the weekend. Really didn't do much over the weekend other than a 1.5 hour walk but was nice to enjoy the nice weather and just relax.

Up this morning on 5.45 am and out the door for about a half hours worth of walking/jogging/sprinting. Turns out to be 1.8 k. or 1.11 miles. Cool morning but felt great. Did some incline pushups halfway through. Came back and did my hot/cold shower thing. Better than coffee!

I may become the morning person that I used to hate.

Next week I'll turn the clock back and be up at 5.30 am.
    Randal

Day 86 of my 90 day transformation.

Yesterday did about 1.5 hours walking on the jobsite. Went out to the scrap wood area (which is huge) and pushed heavy shit around, flipped over some stuff, etc. Found some things for my outside workout area by my office that I'll be, ahem, appropriating.

Started a 30 day challenge yesterday to build up planks, leg lifts, pushups, burpees and squats. Performance was not as good as I hoped but it is a baseline.

Squats 1 rep of 20
    Plank 1 rep of 1 minute
    Push ups 1 rep of 5
    Leg raises 1 rep of 15
    Burpee 1 rep of 5

I focused on proper form and did the above as a baseline for the app that I have for the 30 day challenge. Dismal but it is a start.

Nearest I can tell, I'm down 1 kilo, maybe 2 or there has been no change. Piece of shit scales!
    Randal

ssn679doc is offline Senior Member
    Good start... and congrats on your return to the states.... shortlived though it may be.

I must admit that I'm not the best at maintaining a journal and it is hard for me to document my exercise routine because, well, it ain't very routine.

But a few things that I have found of value it keeping me doing something are below:

• My standup desk has been invaluable
    • I keep small a small sandbag and a sandbag kettlebell by my feet. If I trip over them, I will usually pick them up for a few reps.
    • I have my TRX hanging on my balcony at my apartment and I spend a good bit of my time on my days off out there reading or just contemplating my bellybutton. When I getup to go inside or come outside, time for a few reps on that thing.
    • I keep another sandbag kettlebell in my bedroom, lying down and doing an overhead lift from the floor, feels pretty good. (I'm sure there is a technical name for it, have no idea).
    • Of course, I just don't keep junk in my apartment to eat.

My scales are FUBARed and I suppose I won't know for sure what I have lost (or gained) until I go home. Not worth driving into Cairo for another set of (cheap ass) scales. But clothes are looser and I HAVE VEINS standing out on my calves. Go figure. (and no, they are NOT varicose).
    Randal

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast