Thread: Advice please! page

emmie is offline Senior Member

Advice please!

Primal Fuel
    I eat close to 100% primal (no grains, dairy, artificial sweeteners). My major indulgence in the past has been almond butter, and sometimes a square of baking chocolate (no sugar at all).

Two weeks ago, I had a sudden attack of pancreatitis which doctors suspect was caused by a gallstone, but so far all tests have been negative (I'm still being tested). I was hospitalized for three days but thanks to the glucose drip and high sugar "liquid" breakfast I had to eat, no weight loss even though I had nothing by mouth!

I've lost a lot of weight (very, very slowly) and would like to drop another 10 lbs before maintenance, but here is my problem. Because of the gastric problem, I need to eat very low fat for at least the next few months. I will not mess with my pancreas!

I'm eating mainly fish, egg white "omelets" and veggies (mainly broccoli and spinach). I can use salsa for seasoning. I actually like my food and should be able to lose with this WOE--except for the fact that the lack of fat is making me hungry! I'm afraid that I'll cave and eat a 'low fat' bagel at some point if I can't get satiated. But how can I without fat? I know if I start adding some starchy carbs (brown rice, oatmeal), that will escalate into far too many carbs for me.

Advice on how to deal with this?

invino77 is offline Senior Member
    Maybe you can focus on losing wieght after you get control of the pancreatitis.

emmie is offline Senior Member
    Thanks. I'm really not trying to lose in the middle of my tests, etc. But I don't want to get into bad eating habits either.

Molecular Grokologist is offline Senior Member
    Learn to love root veggies, I guess. You've got to get your calories somewhere.
    Give me liberty. Exploration of other options will be vigorously discouraged.

Wondering something sciencey? Ask me in my Ask a Biochemist Thread

Stabby is offline Senior Member
    So basically Kitavans without the coconut? That sounds ghastly!

I don't know how much fat you're allowed but if you want some beef, the heart is very tasty and nutritious and only has a bit of fat.
    Stabbing conventional wisdom in its face.

Anyone who wants to talk nutrition should PM me!