Thread: Oil help please page

marktripp is offline Senior Member

Oil help please

Hey everyone, I made a split decission choice last night standing in the oil aisle at the grocery store. I want to make some mayo but I'm not a fan of olives and all I had at home was EVOO. So iwas standing there all in a glaze eyeing the oils and trying to think what one was suppose to be a good one. I was eyeing peanut oil or safflower oil and I ended up with the peanut oil. I guess better of the 2 but not a great one. So I'm looking for some advise, I want to make mayo and salad dressing out of whatever I end up with. The EVOO seams a little strong tasting for my salad dressing I have currently made but I don't have alot in it other than garlic, apple cider vinegar, and italian seasonings. Any and all help would be great.( maybe the answer is I just gotta suck it up and get used to EVOO?)

fxdwgmikeb is offline Senior Member
    I've seen where people have said they use lard to make mayo. Sounds great to me!

rphlslv is offline Senior Member
    EVOO is the only acceptable commercial vegetable oil.
    .`.><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>
    ><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>

mayness is offline Senior Member
    I use a light olive oil for cooking... it's more processed than EVOO, but I'm not a fan of that olive taste either. If I were making mayo, that's definitely what I'd use.

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    I'll say it before someone else does:
    Peanut= bad. In all forms. Including oil.

Onto real content.
    I've heard of people using bacon grease, lard, butter, and walnut oil. I don't like mayo, so my personal experience with it doesn't exist.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

marktripp is offline Senior Member
    Yes, I understand the peanut=bad. I am going to try and return it but I don't think they will let me, it's just a qt bottle so no big deal. Is it ok to fry stuff with, not that I eat fried food but I could just so I don't throw it out.

cillakat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by marktripp View Post
    H The EVOO seams a little strong tasting for my salad dressing I have currently made but I don't have alot in it other than garlic, apple cider vinegar, and italian seasonings. Any and all help would be great.( maybe the answer is I just gotta suck it up and get used to EVOO?)
    yup. that's the answer

evoo, mustard, vinegar and garlic is great

iherb referral code CIL457- $5 off first order

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Ummm... not really. Frying actually makes it worse by loosening some of the bonds. If you can't return it... try using it around the house? I'm at a loss as to how.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Angieh is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Since we're on the oil topic, I have a recently opened bottle of grapeseed oil from Trader Joe's -- it's not on the "bad" oil list -- does anyone know anything about grapeseed oil's virtues or vices?