Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Popcorn as a carb source? page

Gorbag is offline Senior Member

Popcorn as a carb source?

Yeah, not exactly “primal", I know, but a few days ago I ate popcorn for the first time for years! Unsalted air-popped, zero fat, low calories and high fibers popped corn… I ate the corn very basic; almost without any salt, around 30 gram and I felt very full for hours afterwards on very few calories! Seem like popcorn can make some of the same feeling of fullness similar to potatoes and eggs if eaten without any added condiments.

So anybody that has any experience by dieting on popcorn or including it as a substantial carb source?

Can Popcorn Stave Off Hunger Cravings? | Healthy Eating | SF Gate
    Being just an old fashioned guy myself; I’m beyond tired of all these fragile mama boys (and girls!) with powder in their gluteus and soft pillows under their arm pits that cannot recover from their 3 days a week abbreviated “strength” routine…

PrimalMarduk is offline Senior Member
    I only eat it at the movies and theres a lot of butter and salt involved but it tastes great

I make popcorn at home every once in a while. Some sort of organic corn, popped in coconut oil, drizzled in melted kerrygold, and sprinkled with some fancy salt. Works for me

Eureka5280 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PrimalMarduk View Post
    I only eat it at the movies and theres a lot of butter and salt involved but it tastes great
    I hate to break this to you...but that ain't butter
    __________________________________________________ _____________________________
    Eureka5280: M / 38 / 235lbs / Goal: 180lbs

Diet: Currently experimenting with higher carb (Peat-esque) primal with emphasis on beef, dairy, seafood, sugar and a bit of starch on lifting days.

Activities: Started Stronglifts 5x5 on 3/1/14. Adding sprints and hikes soon.
    End of Year Working Set Goals: Squats-250, Bench-200, DL-315

gdot is online now Senior Member
    Not approved in the PB as it is a grain - but it won't kill you. Once a week - probably completely cool. As a primary carb source - not so much.

But eat it with some fat - grass fed butter to be exact.

canuck416 is offline Senior Member
    A nice treat once every couple of weeks. Use organic non-gmo popping corn, popped in coconut oil and drizzled with Kerrygold butter and Real Salt.

What I noticed was that I had very good energy when doing my morning sprints the day after, so I am going to try this out now! Here in my country it is common to put a bowl of unsalted popcorn on the table in many restaurants, to snack on it before the main course or to eat along with the soup as a starter.

Popcorn instead of rice or potatoes maybe?
    Being just an old fashioned guy myself; I’m beyond tired of all these fragile mama boys (and girls!) with powder in their gluteus and soft pillows under their arm pits that cannot recover from their 3 days a week abbreviated “strength” routine…

drheather is offline Senior Member
    +1 for homemade drizzled with Kerrygold butter. Yum!

PrimalMarduk is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Eureka5280 View Post
    I hate to break this to you...but that ain't butter
    Right, and Santa isnt real. Nice try

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    What about just sprinkle some chili, whey, or cinnamon powder over, or eating them without anything added at all? Hmmm, I am glad that I found the old air popping machine that I haven't used for years...

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast