Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Popcorn as a carb source? page 4

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I dunno about "as a carb source" but we make the real stuff at home with about a half stick of kerrygold melted on it a couple times a month.

TQP
    TQP is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorbag View Post
    Stress probably bloated you much more than the bowl of popcorn - a large bowl of popcorn is almost only air! Very Little absorbable energy if not adding fat, cheese or other things to it...
    HMMM maybe. Very possible.

I was stress-eating more in general I think though.
    JOURNAL.
    Gelatin/bone broth recipes blog. (Latest recipe: Paleo Pizza Crust!)
    Professional Style Website. (Latest features: How to Remix a Pant Suit; Courtney, Fashion Editor)

Quote Originally Posted by Reventon View Post
    Swear like sailor, motorboat sexy foods. Solution to all of life's problems
    Especially hunger.
    ...not so much for Tourette's.
    Quote Originally Posted by Emtropy View Post
    Talking about sexy people is always relevant

bob loblaw is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gdot View Post

I frankly don't know about popcorn's genetic status - is modern popcorn substantially different than that of a hundred years ago?
    I don't know about the genetic status, but it's definitely different. The taste is the same, but the size of the popcorn is smaller and there are very few shells that stick in your teeth.

Gorbag is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TQP View Post
    HMMM maybe. Very possible.

I was stress-eating more in general I think though.
    Stress in whatever form tend to créate a wáter edema (bloat!). Dieting and training too much can bloat you for the same reasons, because it creates metabolic stress, that again produces wáter edema, so stress down and look leaner...
    Whoever fights trolls should see to it that in the process he does not become a troll - for when you gaze long enough into the computer screen, the computer screen will gaze back into you!
    - Gorbag Nietzsche

gdot is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bob loblaw View Post
    I don't know about the genetic status, but it's definitely different. The taste is the same, but the size of the popcorn is smaller and there are very few shells that stick in your teeth.
    Sounds great! Could somebody pass me some butter pleez?

Bifcus is offline Senior Member
    Sure, it's not primal, but I recently found a chocolate coated caramel popcorn.

Organic popcorn pieces coated in a caramel, then in dark chocolate. Nothing truly dreadful in the ingredients- a bit of brown rice rice syrup in the caramel and some soy lecithin in the chocolate is about the worst of it, and obviously some organic raw sugar.

Can't eat too much. It's stupidly expensive, as well as very rich.

noodletoy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PrimalMarduk View Post
    I only eat it at the movies and theres a lot of butter and salt involved but it tastes great
    Quote Originally Posted by Eureka5280 View Post
    I hate to break this to you...but that ain't butter
    went to the multiplex tonight and the smell of that rancid oil was sickening. we do have a few small indie theaters that actually serve butter on actual popped corn though...
    As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

– Ernest Hemingway

Warmbear is offline Senior Member
    My wife and I dont share many dietary similarities but one thing we agree on is popcorn rocks. I take 3 or 4 TBsp of butter and melt it in the special popcorn making pot. ( pressure cooker) and when hot, I add enough corn to cover the bottom and close the lid. We get the best damned popcorn, the butter blackens a tad under pressure but it is delish, add some sea salt and go nuts.

I really dont care if it is good for me, popcorn and Ms. Vickies chips are my cheats. Life would be lessened without them. I generally eat clean so whatever.
    Primal since April 2012 Male 6' 3" SW 345lbs CW 240lbs GW 220lbs and when I get there I am getting a utlikilt. This one http://www.utilikilts.com/company/pr...ilts/workmans/ actually.

Join me at www.paleoplanet.net, where all the cavemen hang out.

Balance is offline Senior Member
    My wife and I do the same thing maybe once a week on movie night. Pop some organic GMO free popcorn in coconut oil and use a generous amount of Kerrygold butter on it with sea salt.
    "If man made it, don't eat it" - Jack Lallane

People say I am on a "crazy" diet. What is so crazy about eating veggies, fruits, seafood and organ meats? Just because I don't eat whole wheat and processed food doesn't make my diet "crazy". Maybe everyone else with a SAD are the "crazy" ones for putting that junk in their system.

j3nn is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Forager View Post
    If you skip the fat I don't think the yeast will stick.

Gorbag, why no salt?
    I know, I've actually spritzed it with a bit of water in lieu of coconut oil to get it to stick before. But a teaspoon of coconut oil drizzled can work, too. Of course when not worried about the fat content, 2-3 TBSP coconut oil ftw.
    | My (food) Blog | Follow me on Facebook | Pinterest | Twitter |

“It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men.” - Samuel Adams

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast