Thread: diet tweaking page

Dr Manhattan is offline Junior Member

diet tweaking

Primal Fuel
    Hi guy, I've been primal since febuary and have lost 20lbs with no extra training. I'm at 16% bf now and want to be around 10%. My current diet is; breakfast 5 eggs, 1 pepper and 3 rashers bacon. Lunch 5 to 7 chicken wings and 2 peppers. Dinner is the same as lunch. I snack on pork rinds and have 2 blocks of 85% chocolate a day. Can anyone suggest any tweaks to speed up my fat loss? I weigh 210 am 6ft 1in and train full body 3 times a week. My work has me on my feet for 60 hours a week so I am using up calories.

fxdwgmikeb is offline Senior Member
    After loosing 40lbs I was stuck for a couple months. Easy fix=IF, 22 hours once a week works for me. Couldn't hurt to give up the chocolate and pork rinds every day for a while either.

rphlslv is offline Senior Member
    Optimize omega ratios. Are you taking fish oil? Eating fish? You're eating pork, chicken, and eggs, all of which have plenty of omega 6.
    .`.><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>
    ><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>

Dr Manhattan is offline Junior Member
    I've got some fish oil capsules at home, any idea how much to take? Does it work out to how much omega 6 I'm having or per pound?

cillakat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Manhattan View Post
    I've got some fish oil capsules at home, any idea how much to take? Does it work out to how much omega 6 I'm having or per pound?
    I'd track Ω3/6 intake in nutritiondata.com and supplement according to that.

Ideal Ω3:Ω6 ratio is likely 1:1-4

iherb referral code CIL457- $5 off first order

Egoldstein is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Dr Manhattan, you're eating a fairly monotonous diet. Although this helps a lot of people not to overeat, I think our bodies prefer variety and getting a range of nutrients. I would suggest trying fish and beef in place of chicken from time to time and some other veggie besides peppers, particularly greens or broccoli. I think our bodies adjust to any kind of pattern, so adding an IF here and there is also good. Finally, sprints.