Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The Belt and the Deadlift page 2

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    still havent tried the belt. i am dreading tomorrow. 85kgs x 5 twice. no belt and double over hand grip. i shouldnt psych myself out and should just do it. we shall see. if i make it thru, and i can still think, i will try it with the belt to see if i think it is easier. then i will do 100 kgs LOL

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    You can do it. I'm certain. By why the insistence on double overhand? If mixed grip helps, why not?
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Heaviest squat: 180 x 2. Heaviest Deadlift: 230 x 2

i find mixed grip makes me feel unbalanced. i already feel like one side is stronger than the other and my spine is twisted from carrying small children for years on the same hip. mixed grip is easier as i dont lose my grip but then if i can find some chalk to use, i dont either.

made the weights! 5 @ 82.5kgs followed by 2 sets of 5 @ 85kgs. i used some chalk for the 85kg sets but it was psychological i reckon. no belt and still double overhand grip. if i concentrate on driving up with my legs it is doable still. according to one of the online 1rm calculators which was relatively reliable last time i tried it, i should be able to lift 210lbs which calcs back to 95kg. i still have a ways to go to be able to dead 100kgs but i will keep working at it.

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    Wow! Congratulations! That's a lot of weight. I'm hoping to lift 200lbs soon.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Heaviest squat: 180 x 2. Heaviest Deadlift: 230 x 2

the number in lbs sounds so much more impressive than in kgs. the way we have been doing it has been working well. 3 sets of 5 reps. first set at previous week's weight. next 2 sets add 2.5kgs. when we get to 90kgs, the plan is going to change as it has been getting harder. i also do lots of other stuff as well. so not just deadlifts. we do full body as i only train once a week.

edennperez1 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by seaweed View Post
    the number in lbs sounds so much more impressive than in kgs. the way we have been doing it has been working well. 3 sets of 5 reps. first set at previous week's weight. next 2 sets add 2.5kgs. when we get to 90kgs, the plan is going to change as it has been getting harder. i also do lots of other stuff as well. so not just deadlifts. we do full body as i only train once a week.
    1. Awesome work!!
    2. I list my weights in pounds partly because I'm American but mostly because it looks like I lifted more!! LOL!
    3. Training once per week: are you ever sore? If so, for how long?

not from deadlifting. i always get sore pecs for some reason and i feel my tris and lats sometimes but legs and ass rarely and i do try hard. the pain usually lasts a day or 2. i walk lots so that helps get rid of it.

StupidFatHobbit is offline Senior Member
    At what weight should one use a belt when dead lifting?

RichMahogany is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by StupidFatHobbit View Post
    At what weight should one use a belt when dead lifting?
    Last warm-ups and your work set.
    The Champagne of Beards

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast