I have a few ?? About diet and meds and am hopeful a few will chime in...
I recently stopped taking a PPI, (Tecta) and Ulcogant after 8 weeks of use with a prior 8 weeks of Esomprazole. I was prescribed all for bleeding ulcers, duodenitis and gastritis. I rarely use any meds, but I was hospitalized and the Tecta and Ulcogant were lifesavers! Maybe not miracle cures, but I am upright and active now, and I wasn't when I became ill...I stopped them on 3/24 (Dr. Only prescribed them short term - have a wonderful Dr who doesn't believe in lifelong meds for curable conditions) and just for the last 2 days have had some rebound acid probs. Do this go away soon? I am concerned that the rebound acid will re-ignite the flame of gastritis, but am hopeful this isn't the case!
Also, I after being I such a GI hell after all of the ulcers, inflammations and infections, I have been left ( hopefully temporarily!) without the ability to digest most meats and fish, except skinless chicken breast in small amts, most fruits and some veggies. My diet is simple, solely due to GI probs, not from paranoia, and basically one big salad a day with chicken, spinach, sprouts, an avocado, yogurt and a small amt of ricotta cheese ( I added the only dairy I can tolerate for a wee bit of fat, cals and flavor). I am not a fat fanatic, but I can't digest much fat right now either.
So, I'm only getting at most 1200 cals a day and that's if I eat my little weakness - baked Cheetos puffs! Everything is organic ( I live in Guatemala and we have year round fresh fruits and veg) and clean, except the Cheetos...
My ?? Is this - I need to lose about 35 lbs and am very low in cals, walk EVERYWHERE ( no car!) at least an 1 1/2 hrs a day. You would think the weight is melting off, but no! Only maybe 1 lb /week. Think it's the low cals/ body in starvation mode? Or is my small bowl of Cheetos the culprit? Side effect of the meds? I do drink lots of water, BTW, so dehydration isn't a prob...
I am so longing to get well again that I just thought someone would have some info/advice/etc to offer! Thanks!